Straightening creams?

AngelForLove

Do straightening creams work if you are airdrying your hair? If so, what do you use and what is your method? If not how can you get straight hair without using heat? Airdrying in a rollerset would take days
nono.gif

To airdry successfully, in my opinion, you need to find a moisturizer that works well for you. I used to hate to air dry until I started using UBH moisturizer. Now, I just put on the UBH, put the hair in a pony tail and the next day it is very straight (unless it is nappy, then it is very soft). Also, with the ponytail, you need to tie your hair with a satin type scarf.

I was just stroking a bottle of straightening balm a little bit ago. I think it was the Got2B straightening balm...I'm anxious to hear more opinions as well.

[ QUOTE ]
Now, I just put on the UBH, put the hair in a pony tail and the next day it is very straight (unless it is nappy, then it is very soft). Also, with the ponytail, you need to tie your hair with a satin type scarf.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I can't imagine my hair coming out straight just by doing that. Do you use the scarf in place of the scrunchie or in addition?

[ QUOTE ]
Bett1e said:
To airdry successfully, in my opinion, you need to find a moisturizer that works well for you. I used to hate to air dry until I started using UBH moisturizer. Now, I just put on the UBH, put the hair in a pony tail and the next day it is very straight (unless it is nappy, then it is very soft). Also, with the ponytail, you need to tie your hair with a satin type scarf.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think UBH works to straighten 4a and 4b hair types?

HI Ladies,

The only straightening "ceam" that I use are KeraKare's Silk and Seal ($20) or Fantasia's Hair Polisher/Glosser ($5). Unfortunately, its hard to find KeraKare in my area, but the Fantasia works just as good.

[ QUOTE ]
Leshia said:
I was just stroking a bottle of straightening balm a little bit ago. .

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
That's funny.

I also wondered if straightening-balm type products would give you somewhat straighter hair if you airdry. And when you do heat style, does it make it easier or take less heat to get your hair straight?

I have tried using a straightening cream, air drying, then using a curling iron to fight through that growth. It worked for a couple of weeks, then I felt like I had to go to an oil to get any manageable results
ohwell.gif

Take care,
G

Back