Straightening Brushes

SmilingElephant

Has anyone tried one yet? I'm thinking about ordering one to straighten my hair for my birthday.

I don't see too many reviews or videos for Natural hair.

I've used the FHI twice on DS. His hair turned out like Dwayne's on What's Happening. A big giant fro.

I haven't used it on myself, but I think it will get my hair flat iron straight. I have fine hair.

Hmmm...how hot does it get? I figure if I put it on 400 degrees max and do very slow passes it would get my hair straight after blow drying it out.

I figure it would be easier than holding a comb to chase the flat iron. My back always ends up hurting.

And so it came :)

I tested it out on my kinkiest section in the back. I usually flat iron on 410-ish but I had it on 400 just to see.

This thing WORKS! This takes out all of that work for the comb chase method. It's simply the flat iron and "comb" in one.

I think I'll either do my whole head this week or later this month for my bday.

My preference would still be to blow-dry my hair out first (even tho in the picture I did not, I just detangle that section and pulled the brush through it.) But for me it still saves time bc I don't have to really worry so much about parting and grabbing a comb and all of that for every piece I flat iron.

For those concerned about roots, YES this gets your roots!! You just angle it like you would do a flat iron.

Attachments

• IMG_20160104_211913.jpg
    IMG_20160104_211913.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 86
  • 20160104_204820.jpg
    20160104_204820.jpg
    605.9 KB · Views: 84
@caliscurls I did about 3 or 4 passes, it's not as direct as a flatiron. But it does get hot up to 450 degrees.

@cynd the bristles are made of plastic. However the ones in green are the ones that get hot. They are somewhat flexible but you will need to thoroughly detangle beforehand. This will not do that for you as with any flatironing session.

It's very safe to use and you won't burn your head or scalp like with a flatiron or hot comb. :)

@caliscurls I did about 3 or 4 passes, it's not as direct as a flatiron. But it does get hot up to 450 degrees.

@cynd the bristles are made of plastic. However the ones in green are the ones that get hot. They are somewhat flexible but you will need to thoroughly detangle beforehand. This will not do that for you as with any flatironing session.

It's very safe to use and you won't burn your head or scalp like with a flatiron or hot comb. :)

Thanks @SmilingElephant. Last question, I promise, do the bristles have those little balls on the end like some brushes do? My fine hair can't take those and I can't tell from the pictures I'm seeing on Amazon.com.

Thanks @SmilingElephant. Last question, I promise, do the bristles have those little balls on the end like some brushes do? My fine hair can't take those and I can't tell from the pictures I'm seeing on Amazon.com.

No problem :)

Idk how to explain it other than saying it's not ball tipped like regular detangling brushes. They're just plastic. I did notice the bristles in the middle have rubbery like ends but it's not really ball tipped, they protect u from being burned

@charmtreese I got mine from hairkandy.com

Here's a pic of my straightened hair. I will advise that I should have started with a higher than normal temp to get it really straightened. There's a mild learning curve to it :)

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1452119316300.jpg
    FB_IMG_1452119316300.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 37
Back