Straightened Naturals--what moisturizer do you use before blow-drying?

ScorpioBeauty09

I haven't been using a moisturizer before blow-drying and I think I should start but I'm curious what brands my fellow LHCF ladies are using so I take it to you.:yep: Which ones do you use or suggest?

I found this blow dry lotion in Target and very much like the results:
Umberto is the brand-
straight-hair-tips-0509-14-lg-54988079.jpg

I just use a little on each section, brush thru with the denman to make sure its coating the ends too, then blow dry.
Leaves the hair soft, and is a heat protectant.
You could use it for a softer set on a twist-out too.

Last edited:
That Umberto looks yummy....
I used a leave-in spray by Rusk Sensories. Some grapefruit scented leave-in...found it for cheap and gave it a try. I generally use Nature's Blessings though.
I might prefer something creamy like this.
What are the ingredients like?

I recently straightened and followed yt PRETTYDIMPLES01 advice: YouTube - blow dry

only using my homemade shealoe mix, after doing my moisturizing DC. My blowdry came out very straight, swingy, soft and sheeny.

Once I flat ironed, I used just a pea sized amt per section ( 4 quadrants split in half for a total of 8 sections ) of the Aveda brilliant styling creme.

After a day, I got sick of straight hair, and started to twist and used the kimmaytube leave-in mix ( swapped kckt for taliah waajid bodifier mist ) YouTube - ♡♡♡LUVNaturals #19 Leave In Conditioner Recipe - Step by Step

I noticed that this is a GREAT moisturizing leave-in on straight hair, as it doesn't promote reversion and it still keep my ends silky soft! I was shocked.

SOOO THE SECRET FOR ME:
1. moisture BEFORE the blowout in the form of a DC with steam
2. using only the shealoe with heat protectant spray for the blowout
3. then using the kimmaytube leave in after a few days for extra moisture on my ends and a little on the hair shaft :D

I actually leave my dc in and use my comb attachment to blow-dry whenever I straighten these days. Since I started doing this, I haven't had a 'rough ends' problem.
I found this works for me by accident. I was doing a dc and I left it in a really long time..my hair nearly dried...but it was so soft. I thought why not?
If I flatiron too, I use the comb chase method and don't use additional product until I'm done. I mix a little bit of argan oil and cantu silk serum and I'm good to go. If I use too much product, my hair doesn't swing and starts to hold odor.
Each night it's straightened, I seal the ends with more of my little mix and do two Bantu knots at the front top of my head. In the morning, I just comb it and go. If I'm feeling really fancy, I'll pull out my Instyler.
I don't straighten frequently...usually once every 2 months or so.

i just tried to flat iron my hair but i quickly aborted the mission cause i live in hot a** florida and by the time i was done with one piece the first piece had already begun to shrivel so i just blowdried and put it it in a pony :(

I blow dried my hair a few weeks ago, used Salerm 21 leave in and grapeseed oil, resulted in nice soft hair that lasted until I washed!

i tried the Chi infra treatment and it made my hair hard, the salerm made it harder then the chi silk infusion sealed the deal and turned my hair to stone:swearing:

lamaria211 was your hair well DC'd before hand? I think if you DC your hair well, then use a protectant spray like my fave (John Frieda Heat Defeat) or its sister JF Heat Protectant Serum on damp hair, you'll get really nice flowing hair.

I haven't blow dried my hair in forever but if I were to do it, I'd first DC my hair, rinse then ACV rinse let it airdry first in braids. Next I'd take narrow sections and wet each with the JF spray just before I blow-dried dry using the chasing method. I can bet my bottom dollar my hair'd be soft from this.

I use a cream heat protectant by Redkin. It's called Iron Repair. It leaves my hair very shiny, but doesn't weigh it down.

i recently purchased some Keracare blow dry lotion which i like very much makes my hair sost and silky but im not sure if i should still use a leave in prior

@lamaria211 was your hair well DC'd before hand? I think if you DC your hair well, then use a protectant spray like my fave (John Frieda Heat Defeat) or its sister JF Heat Protectant Serum on damp hair, you'll get really nice flowing hair.

I haven't blow dried my hair in forever but if I were to do it, I'd first DC my hair, rinse then ACV rinse let it airdry first in braids. Next I'd take narrow sections and wet each with the JF spray just before I blow-dried dry using the chasing method. I can bet my bottom dollar my hair'd be soft from this.

thanks babe i dcd overnight before hand but i think that infra treatment did me in:perplexed

Back