Straightened Natural Hair for the first time + Progress Pics!!

KizzieNapps

Hello All,

I've been natural for about a week shy of 6 months. My B-day was this past Sunday and my present to myself was to get my hair straightened (FYI I did not straighten it myself; I went to the salon and for good reason.It took the stylist 3 hours to straighten....yea, I'm not doing it on my own). So, of course I want to share my progress with my LHCF fam. Here are the pics of my 5 month 3 week progress:drunk:.

BC: 09/01/2008

My fro now (Taken 2-18-2009):

This was my length right after my BC (09/01/2008):

Here's my hair straightened now 02/22/2009:
DSCF03411-vi.jpg

Side View:
DSCF03551-vi.jpg

My original goal was to make SL by 09/2009. But I'm claiming it now:grin:. Hopefully it will continue to grow and I'll be APL by this time next year. I'm really proud of my hair; its stronger than its ever been and the stylist barely had to trim anything off!!(BONUS!!) Yaaay happy natural hair!! I love it!!

Happy belated birthday to you!!!! Yes your has has grown out nicely! It looks good! I hope to have some tremedous progress myself within 6 months. Good for you though!:yep:

Happy Belated Birthday!

Your hair does look really great, love how the hair falls and still has the thickness. Kudos to the stylist! Hope to find a stylist like that when my day comes. :)

Just gorgeous:grin::yep:

Hello All,

I've been natural for about a week shy of 6 months. My B-day was this past Sunday and my present to myself was to get my hair straightened (FYI I did not straighten it myself; I went to the salon and for good reason.It took the stylist 3 hours to straighten....yea, I'm not doing it on my own). So, of course I want to share my progress with my LHCF fam. Here are the pics of my 5 month 3 week progress:drunk:.

BC: 09/01/2008

My fro now (Taken 2-18-2009):

This was my length right after my BC (09/01/2008):

Here's my hair straightened now 02/22/2009:
DSCF03411-vi.jpg

Side View:
DSCF03551-vi.jpg

My original goal was to make SL by 09/2009. But I'm claiming it now:grin:. Hopefully it will continue to grow and I'll be APL by this time next year. I'm really proud of my hair; its stronger than its ever been and the stylist barely had to trim anything off!!(BONUS!!) Yaaay happy natural hair!! I love it!!

Your hair is BEAUTIFUL curly and straight! :yep:

Thanks Pinkskates, I've been studying your straightening tutorial for a while now so that when I do finally get up the nerve to try it myself I'll know what to do. Maybe for my one year nappiversary I'll attempt it myself.....:look:.....maybe

very NICE, you've definitely got SL....can't wait to see your progress. 5 months did you well with growth!!! beautiful hair. I love seeing these posts cause it gives me hope "it will grow!":lachen:

very NICE, you've definitely got SL....can't wait to see your progress. 5 months did you well with growth!!! beautiful hair. I love seeing these posts cause it gives me hope "it will grow!":lachen:

Yea, sometimes the only way I can keep my mind off my own hair is to focus on others..which is why I NEED to fotki stalk. It's good for my hair's health:yep::look:

Thanks Pinkskates, I've been studying your straightening tutorial for a while now so that when I do finally get up the nerve to try it myself I'll know what to do. Maybe for my one year nappiversary I'll attempt it myself.....:look:.....maybe
You're welcome chica!
If you do... feel free to contact me and I'll help walk you through it!:yep:

Back