Straightened 15 months post...

kvic

I am currently transitioning and am 15 months post. I'm trying to take more pictures :ohwell: I really haven't been documenting my transition like I wanted to. :drunk:

Attachments

• 100_1489.jpg
    100_1489.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 374
  • 100_1495.jpg
    100_1495.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 324
  • 100_1497-1.jpg
    100_1497-1.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 295
  • 100_1496-1.jpg
    100_1496-1.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 274
beautiful! I am 16months post and I cant wait to straight in Jan. When/if do u plan to BC?

ETA: NVM I read your siggy! Congrats on all your progress!

Nice job! Your relaxed ends look very healthy and blend in well with the natural portion of your hair. Many transitioner's relaxed ends stick out like a sore thumb when the hair is flat-ironed.

Wow, that looks like a whole lot of new growth for 15 months. How long was your hair when you started transitioning, and have you been trimming all along?

Nice job straightening; looks great! :)

How did u get your hair this straight...I am 8 months post and want to get my hair to look like tomorrow.

Your hair is beautiful! Its so shiny and healthy! :yep: I would also like to know your straightening technique and products used.

Wow, that looks like a whole lot of new growth for 15 months. How long was your hair when you started transitioning, and have you been trimming all along?

Nice job straightening; looks great! :)

My senior year in high school i cut my bsl relaxed hair to shoulder length. Then once i started college i decided to go natural. So since September 2009 I stopped getting perms. I recently got a trim and I've only trimmed one other time.

^^^^:grin:me too..what is that reggie

Your hair is beautiful! Its so shiny and healthy! :yep: I would also like to know your straightening technique and products used.

How did u get your hair this straight...I am 8 months post and want to get my hair to look like tomorrow.

:lol: Sure.

My Reggie:
I shampoo with KeraCare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo.
When I do a regular shampoo I use Giovanni Smooth as silk conditioner on my new growth and Giovanni Nutrafix Hair Reconstructor on my relaxed ends.
When I deep condition I randomly alternate between KeraCare Dry & Itchy Scalp Moisturizing Conditioner (When my hair was relaxed it made my hair feel like butter. And my new growth loves it) and Aveda Damage Remedy Intensive Reconstructive Treatment. The KeraCare more often because the Aveda is so expensive.

I do that pretty much every 6 days or so. Depending on how my hair is looking.

Straightening:
I've been straightening ever since it got cold down here. (I live in Louisiana)
After washing I put in Aveda Smooth Infusion style prep smoother and Chi Silk Infusion.
Then i sit under the dryer until my hair is dry. After I finish drying I quickly blow dry my hair in 5 sections to knock most of the curls out. I use a Conair blowdryer from Ulta.
I add a little more Chi Silk Infusion to my ends and then flat iron with my Sedu Revolution on 300-340 depending on the curl patten. The tighter it is the higher the temperature. Never higher though.

I tie my hair up with a silk scarf at night.

That seems like a whole lot. I hope I didn't forget anything. :spinning:

HHG!

i like your hair straightened & i love your natural texture...you have some good growth for 15 months...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! :worship2:

cry3.gif
cry3.gif
cry3.gif
cry3.gif
cry3.gif
If I hadn't had a weak moment last month, I would be six months post right now. I have to start my transition all over again.

Last edited:
Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!

cry3.gif
cry3.gif
cry3.gif
cry3.gif
cry3.gif
If I hadn't had a weak moment last month, I would be six months post right now. I have to start my transition all over again.

Aww! You can do it again. That's about the time that I started getting annoyed with my hair. It was especially hard in the Louisiana humidity.

Your hair looks so healthy, I can't tell where your relaxed ends start. For someone this far into a transition, your ends look immaculate!

Back