Straight hair ENVY....

LadyChe

Y'all, I don't wanna be a hater but someone burst my bubble this morning...

I finally made up with my baby daddy PHYTO last night after stretching for twelve weeks. I'm straight, I'm flowin, I'm doin the toss (right before I put my hair up in a high ponytail)...

I'm getting on the Metro this morning for work. This girl gets on with lovely, healthy, THICK almost BSL brown hair with beautiful blond and coppery highlights. I was in her hair SO HARD I almost missed my stop.

I'm just sayin.. MAN!!!
I'm proud of my progress and all, AND I love to see women with gorgeous hair. But she did let the air out of my tires this morning.

Anybody else on my green eyed bandwagon? :)

Count me in! :look:

Whenever I wear my hair down at the beginning of the day I usually feel

good about my hair length and health but It never fails as I walk

around my department I always bump into these 2 ladies one has brastrap

length and the other has extremley HEALTHY waistlength it just kills

my hairs self confidence. My hair starts to feel so short almost like Im bald :(

sometimes I will pull my hair back in a bun. I dunno maybe I need counseling

Don't let it get you down! That happens to me sometimes when I take the train in the morning, but I know I have beautiful hair and I am sure you do too! Plus, you can use those ladies as hair inspiration :)

This post cracks me up because I, too, have suffered from hair envy. The funny thing is I've met people who are envious of my hair. Short story: a friend of mine recently saw my two-strand twists extensions and decided she wanted some too, so I made her an appointment with my stylist to get them done. Now this woman has soft, soft hair, in a short hairstyle, that gets curly when wet but straightens easily. The stylist put about 4 twists in her hair and was like "It won't work". Turns out her hair type when cut sticks out of the twists and looks funny. She was so pissed and was giving me and my twists the evil eye! Gotta love those kinks!

Moral of the story: When you are wishing for someone else's hair, chances are someone is looking at you and thinking the same thing!

When I see other ladies with beautiful, long hair it doesn't inspire jealousy in me so much as curiosity....:scratchch. You see, I haven't worn my my hair down straight since 1998. I don't really know the true length of my hair so I try in vain to guess by comparing my hair (which is usually in a curly ponytail, flat-twist pin-ups or french rolls) to others. I like to see ladies with long, healthy hair though. I will sometimes think: "Yes! My hair might be the same length as hers!" If it is indeed longer than mine and I know it, I try not to let that ol' green eyed monster get to me.:)

YES! I swear the eithiopians on campus seem to always have the longest thickest prettiest hair Ive ever seen! Black and shiny and thick and full and healthy and everything I want my hair to be! I cant wait till my hair grows out! Im so excited but I dont think Im jealous but pretty much in awe.

Beyondcute, I so agree with you. The two girls that had waistlength thick hair on my undergrad yard were both eithopian. Eithopian women are def some of the most beautiful women in the world,imho. It seems effortless and natural for them without trying to be sexy.

Just saw another one on the train home yesterday...

Her hair was shiny and full and in this thick braid that went down to her BS.
Had to put my hands in my pocket so I wouldn't be tempted to touch it...

or beg her for a hair donation...

foxybrownsugar said:
Beyondcute, I so agree with you. The two girls that had waistlength thick hair on my undergrad yard were both eithopian. Eithopian women are def some of the most beautiful women in the world,imho. It seems effortless and natural for them without trying to be sexy.

Yes, there are a lot of Ethiopian women here in D.C. and they are very beautiful. It seems like a lot of them embrace their nature texture. I see a lot of women wearing flat twists, cornrows, and individual braids with their own hair. And most of the women I have seen are bra strap-waist length.

YES! I want to know the secret but talking to them is kinda hard. They tend to stick within thier groups. Well atleast thats how it is on my campus. RESEARCH TIME!!! Ethiopian hair products.... :lol:

beyondcute said:
YES! I want to know the secret but talking to them is kinda hard. They tend to stick within thier groups. Well atleast thats how it is on my campus. RESEARCH TIME!!! Ethiopian hair products.... :lol:

oh and beyondcute that pic is soo adorable!

beyondcute said:

I kinda think its in the genes. I asked one lady with super thick, shiny hair what she did to make her hair so shiny, and she said "just wash it and put hair lotion [conditioner] on it."

foxybrownsugar said:

well good to know since I get practically stalked by Ethipians every darn day thinking I'm one of them.

sylver2 said:
well good to know since I get practically stalked by Ethipians every darn day thinking I'm one of them.

I also get mistaken for Ethipian all the time! I think its my forehead and thick hair. I feel like people are so dissappointed when they find out I'm
American =(.

:lol: :lol:

I thought I was the only one who noticed the Ethiopians. They have the perfect skin and hair. Most Ethiopians look mixed though. They look like a mix between Middle-Eastern and black...which would make sense:ohwell:

It seems like a lot of them embrace their nature texture.
Why wouldn't they? The Ethiopians I see have naturally curly hair...if it's not curly it's soft and easy to comb:perplexed I'm getting a little green just thinking about it:lol:

iiBlackBarbieii said:
:lol: :lol:

I thought I was the only one who noticed the Ethiopians. They have the perfect skin and hair. Most Ethiopians look mixed though. They look like a mix between Middle-Eastern and black...which would make sense:ohwell:

Why wouldn't they? The Ethiopians I see have naturally curly hair...if it's not curly it's soft and easy to comb:perplexed I'm getting a little green just thinking about it:lol:

Haha, well they are an ancestral mix between Middle Eastern and Black...Hence their look, and hair texture...

I agree, they do have beautiful hair that is in their genes...

i have hair envy issues depending on my mood, sometimes I see someone with gorgeous hair & I feel like 'oh no..I suck' other times it's really inspiring.

I have mostly 'fro envy..that whole Lisa Nicole C., Kelis, that Bone Thugs guy(LOL!)- wild head thing... i also used to drool over Snoop's hair when it was out. I envy people who have that naturally huge hair without a braid/twist set.

Back