straight ends after clarifying treatment

Lila

Wow my first thread at the forum. I'am a feeling a little bit nervous, but i really need help.
But first.... Hey i'am a newbie/ longtime lurker:):)

My problem, 2 weeks ago i started preppin my hair for a flatiron job. I washed my hair with biosilk shampoo and after that i used the biosilk clarifying treatment as described. Only i left in a few minutes longer due the fact that i wasn't fast enough.
After i rinsed it out, my hair was so soft and so manageable. But shortly after that, i noticed a huge difference in the texture of my hair in the front, it was way looser en my ends where straight, no coils. I thought that it was temporary. So i dc'ed with AO white camilla, but there was no difference.
2 weeks after the clarifying treatment i washed my hair again with the biosilk shampoo and was hoping that washing would help but no still nothing.
So after my wash yesterday i used the biosilk conditioner wich has hydrolyzed wheat protein and keratin amino acids in it. I thought i saw a slight difference. After that i dc'ed with AO hsr overnight.

This morning the slight difference was gone and after rinsing the hsr the front of my hair just felt fried(not saying it's the hsr i think it's the treatment or protein overload).
So i decided to do a greek yogurt egg treatment for 30min. I just rinsed it out now i definitely can say i have had to much protein. But i see a difference in the back but the front is still not her self.

Have you ever had a similar reaction to a clarifying treatment?

Btw. i'am natural, it can't be heat damage. I don't know what my hair type was before i tried but never thought ow i'am a 5 or something. I'am between 3c and 4a i think and a little patch 3b in the crown area.

Thank you for reading!

Lila said:
Wow my first thread at the forum. I'am a feeling a little bit nervous, but i really need help.

My problem, 2 weeks ago i started preppin my hair for a flatiron job. I washed my hair with biosilk shampoo and after that i used the biosilk clarifying treatment as described. Only i left in a few minutes longer due the fact that i wasn't fast enough.
After i rinsed it out, my hair was so soft and so manageable. But shortly after that, i noticed a huge difference in the texture of my hair in the front, it was way looser en my ends where straight, no coils. I thought that it was temporary. So i dc'ed with AO white camilla, but there was no difference.
2 weeks after the clarifying treatment i washed my hair again with the biosilk shampoo and was hoping that washing would help but no still nothing.
So after my wash yesterday i used the biosilk conditioner wich has hydrolyzed wheat protein and keratin amino acids in it. I thought i saw a slight difference. After that i dc'ed with AO hsr overnight.

This morning the slight difference was gone and after rinsing the hsr the front of my hair just felt fried(not saying it's the hsr i think it's the treatment or protein overload).
So i decided to do a greek yogurt egg treatment for 30min. I just rinsed it out now i definitely can say i have had to much protein. But i see a difference in the back but the front is still not her self.

Btw. i'am natural, it can't be heat damage. I don't know what my hair type was before i tried but never thought ow i'am a 5 or something. I'am between 3c and 4a i think and a little patch 3b in the crown area.

Thank you for reading!

My hair before THE egg treatment:

image-3197859454.jpg

image-1324186484.jpg

image-3072639874.jpg

image-2953176783.jpg

All pics are of THE front, i think it's 4a from root to end at least it was!

THE treatment:

image-2096788877.jpg

Thank you for reading!

I have never had this happened, but you stated you think you had too much protein and then you added more with the greek yogurt egg treatment. Add moisture and not more protein and see if that helps. I wouldn't shampoo anymore either. Wet your hair and apply a moisturizing dc.

I have never had this happened, but you stated you think you had too much protein and then you added more with the greek yogurt egg treatment. Add moisture and not more protein and see if that helps. I wouldn't shampoo anymore either. Wet your hair and apply a moisturizing dc.
Thank you so much for your advice. I just applied CJ curl rehab like you suggested. It was my first time clarifying, but i think it could be a protein/moisture balance problem.

For how long should i leave the dc in?

While i was applying the dc i noticed thad the hair in the back became more curly(like it used to be) and felt so soft. Totally different then it felt under the shower. If only my hair could talk, it would be so much easier.

If got one more question how do you know your hair is protein/moisture balanced?

Thank you again for your advice!

You know when your moisture protein is right, when your hair feels good/healthy & strong. I do a weekly strong protein DC, but because the products I use all week are very moisturizing, not only do I not have protein overload....the protein keeps me from getting Moisture overload. My hair feels soft and moist, and there is no breakage. That's what you're looking for.

Hair thats dry wont curl...it goes frizzy. If you clarified and your hair went straight, you needed a moisture DC, not protein. How you use it is up to you...like, I don't use heat so when I DC, I do so overnight with a plastic cap. If you use heat, and hour or two should be good. Don't worry, it will all sort itself out..HTH!! :yep:

Also, if your cuticles aren't closed it reduces curl. Try rinsing out your moisture dc with cold water, and perhaps an acv rinse as well.

MrsJaiDiva said:
You know when your moisture protein is right, when your hair feels good/healthy & strong. I do a weekly strong protein DC, but because the products I use all week are very moisturizing, not only do I not have protein overload....the protein keeps me from getting Moisture overload. My hair feels soft and moist, and there is no breakage. That's what you're looking for.

Hair thats dry wont curl...it goes frizzy. If you clarified and your hair went straight, you needed a moisture DC, not protein. How you use it is up to you...like, I don't use heat so when I DC, I do so overnight with a plastic cap. If you use heat, and hour or two should be good. Don't worry, it will all sort itself out..HTH!! :yep:

Thank you for the advice. I hope it Will sort itself out and i think it wil. I just need to figure out what it needs. I still have the curl rehab in my hair.
And maybe i do a overnight treatment.
I think you are all right.
I was so focused at my looser curlpatern that i did not pay attention to the fact that my hair was so dry this morning after rinsing the hsr out.
But i still find it strange because the products I use all week are moisturizing. And after clarifying i did à moisturizing dc! Maybe it just wasn't enough.

When you use the strong protein treatment do you use it overnight? And what brand is it?

I agree with the above posters; when this has happened to me I really needed to implement more moisture & tweak my routine overall. Over-clarifying & not deep conditioning with heat, using henna too frequently & not clarifying away product build up have all led me to experience texture issues (frizziness, straight pieces, limp curls).

Thank you for the advice. I hope it Will sort itself out and i think it wil. I just need to figure out what it needs. I still have the curl rehab in my hair.
And maybe i do a overnight treatment.
I think you are all right.
I was so focused at my looser curlpatern that i did not pay attention to the fact that my hair was so dry this morning after rinsing the hsr out.
But i still find it strange because the products I use all week are moisturizing. And after clarifying i did à moisturizing dc! Maybe it just wasn't enough.

When you use the strong protein treatment do you use it overnight? And what brand is it?

I use Mega Tek, mixed with other proteins & EO's, and I DC with it overnight 1x a week. I rarely do moisture DC's because my regimen is very moisture heavy. Have you tried the Curly Girl method? Shampoo, especially clarifying shampoo, doesn't mix with curly hair. I do not use shampoo, I use cleansing conditioners. If you don't strip the moisture out, you don't have to work so hard to put it back in. Once I cut out the shampoo, my curls came to Life.

Last edited:
Back