Straight Bangs Curly Hair? (pics)

BmoreNatural

I've been thinking about getting bangs. I've been natural for almost 6 years and I currently wear my hear in twist outs. I love my twist outs, but I also love how bangs and glasses look. My hair texture is a little all over the place but I think the two pics below pretty much capture it. I want straight blunt cut bangs that are slightly lower than my eyebrows, plus two slightly longer smaller straight pieces on each side that come straight down and sort of curl towards my face? While still doing my usual twist out thing for the rest of my head. I haven't been able to find a picture. Is this a disaster waiting to happen? Any idea on what type of products to use for the bangs?

Found a pic. Sort of. I think it has the general idea.

Attachments

• 19662_604677025320_8906281_34271950_7019125_n.jpg
    19662_604677025320_8906281_34271950_7019125_n.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 234
  • 251404_781468279230_8906281_35886853_5105684_n.jpg
    251404_781468279230_8906281_35886853_5105684_n.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 247
  • 21bluntfringebrownhair-229x300.jpg
    21bluntfringebrownhair-229x300.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 219
This is just my opinion...but I hate it! Maybe if it was relaxed hair that had been curled some kind of way, but the natural hair and straight bangs is never cute to me.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

I don't like the look either. It seems to be popular with 14 and younger crowd. I think you're better off with longer bangs that you can twist out with the rest of your hair and wear to the side.

I had blunt, short bangs that I cut when I had my hair flat ironed and they looked really silly when I washed my hair. I don't wear my hair straight often enough to enjoy my bangs like that. They have grown to the top of my lip now and I probably won't go shorter than that.

It can sort of work if all your hair it straightish (e.g., you rollerset it); or if the rest of your hair is in a taut bun. But I don't think it will look so good with twistouts. Curly bangs could work with twistouts maybe.

Most of the time straight bangs do not translate well with curly hair. I wouldnt suggest getting this style unless you know for a fact you can pull it off.

Yes

kim-kardashian-bangs.jpg

NO

curly_curl_thumb.jpg

thumbnail.aspx

I like the blondes hair. Why not buy some clip on bangs and try it out before cutting. Just to get an idea of the look on YOU.

excuse my typos i hate it as much as you.

Hmm. I think I'm still up in the air about it. I might try clip on bangs to see if I like it.

It always seemed like straightening your hair only to curl it a different way was counter productive. So Im not sure if Im going to go that route. But thanks for the help.

I'm on the fence on this one...only because I've sorta worn the look of the blonde lady with my hair in braid extensions and my bangs being in twists w/o extensions and just hanging straight. I liked it. And the reason the blonde lady's look doesn't look weird to me is her waves start not at her crown but further down which gives the illusion that her hair may grow straight initially and start the waving at right above ear, which sorta explains why her bangs would be straigth, and that's kinda the effect I was going for here:

FirstTimeCurlformersonBraids-vi.jpg

But I can't see it looking "natural" if you get a fake straight bang and have a braidout on your own hair. It'll be hard to blend. Why not pull your hair back if you want straight bangs so you have "straightish" hair? Or just use your own hair and do a side angled part and sweep your hair forward and to the side tucking it behind your ear and letting the sides hide your secret so you create "fake" bangs

hair_trend_bangs_2009.jpg

Otherwise there was a thread before of people with curly hair who have bangs. If you like 'em you can always cut the front at chin length stretched and then you can wear it as a curly bang that looks like the rest of your hair when you want...and still be able to smooth it back into a bun when you don't want bangs. I'll be back with that thread.

OP, definitely don't do this:
0809-eve-mizerak-curly-with-bangs-2_bd.jpg

Here's the thread where people like FindingMe show curly bangs that match her hair and she can pull off so many looks without any looking off because the bangs are her own hair and match her hair (I don't know if it was she who posted in the thread how long the bangs need to be to create the looks but I think her hair looks awesome): http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=401448

OP, I don't like it either, but it won't hurt to try it out, I guess.

I've actually thought about cutting myself bangs since I mostly wear twist outs and twists...have you considered that?

I would not do straight blunt bangs with curly hair. Straight bangs like this usually only look good with straight hair or big loose curls. I had straight blunt bangs last year and did not even like rocking them with my rollersets, until my curls loosened up after a couple days.

A textured or wispy side swept bang might look good with natural hair if it is pulled into an updo, bun, or low ponytail. I have done this before and liked the results. You have to be careful when combining two distinct textures into one hairstyle though.

I say no op. silky straight bangs with kinky hair is no bueno
This is it in a nutshell. Jussttt.....no.:nono: That's the sort of hairstyle that you'll see in the hood.:ohwell: (tryna have 2 and 3 hairstyles at one time)

Blunt bangs are ok with straight hair or bigger curls. But blunt bangs with two extra longer straight pieces on the side AND a natural twistout will look pure hood IMO.

This is it in a nutshell. Jussttt.....no.:nono: That's the sort of hairstyle that you'll see in the hood.:ohwell: (tryna have 2 and 3 hairstyles at one time)

Blunt bangs are ok with straight hair or bigger curls. But blunt bangs with two extra longer straight pieces on the side AND a natural twistout will look pure hood IMO.

:lachen: blasianbeauty, tell us how you really feel. :lol:

He he..:giggle: Well I'm just being honest. I think we're all giving great constructive criticism.:yep:

Now, those blunt bangs, two side pieces hanging down will look cute if the back is pulled up some sort of way while she's rockin her glasses. But having it all down and out together at one time is just too much IMO.

I don't like the look either. It seems to be popular with 14 and younger crowd. I think you're better off with longer bangs that you can twist out with the rest of your hair and wear to the side.

I had blunt, short bangs that I cut when I had my hair flat ironed and they looked really silly when I washed my hair. I don't wear my hair straight often enough to enjoy my bangs like that. They have grown to the top of my lip now and I probably won't go shorter than that.

Yep, it's for little girls. My 7 year-old thinks it's wonderful - she can sport natural hair, but comb through the bangs with a fine-tooth comb. :lol:

disaster waiting to happen.

sounds like it will be VERY high maintenance. you will have to straighten it almost every day with a flatiron and then bump it a lil because stick stright bangs without a lil curve to it looks bad usually. i'm seeing heat damage in the future or fluffy odd looking bangs. even with a straight haired weave i still use a lot of heat on the bangs, but obviously it doesn't matter much to me. i wouldn't rec that for real hair.

OP, definitely don't do this:
0809-eve-mizerak-curly-with-bangs-2_bd.jpg

Here's the thread where people like FindingMe show curly bangs that match her hair and she can pull off so many looks without any looking off because the bangs are her own hair and match her hair (I don't know if it was she who posted in the thread how long the bangs need to be to create the looks but I think her hair looks awesome): http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=401448

Thanks for the shout out, sis! :bighug: I always do my bangs to match the rest of my hair -

For my bangs to touch my eyebrows when curly, they have to be about mid cheek-lip level in length. This also allows me to be able to pull it back into a puff or bun without too many hairs to pin at the top. I always keep bangs cut in my hair because you can always wear them straight across the forehead, or part them to frame the face. Looks super cute with a curly up-do as well. On me, the bangs that match the rest of the hair work best. I don't like straight bags surrounded by curly hair.

Back