Stonger Hair

Country gal

At the D.C. meeting Beverly brought to my attention that sometimes product make our hair so soft that it weakens it. I want suggestions on products or household items that will help make your hair stronger.

Protein treatments. I tried the Aphogee treatment for the first time this weekend and my hair is soft, but stronger.

Nexxus Emergence is an excellent protein treatment.
smile.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I thought too much protein was bad too? How do you find a balance?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right Jenjen. That's why you should get them every 4-6 weeks, or whenever you feel you need more protein.

The right balance is making sure you moisturize often and get protein treatments when needed.

My regimen is as follows: Nexxus Diametress, Nexxus Emergencee and Nexxus Humectress. My hair has never been stronger.

Sometimes I'll rotate and use Motions CPR shampoo, Dudley Q's DRC-28, and Motions CPR conditioner. I feel that both regimens work equally well.
smile.gif

butterscotch said:
My regimen is as follows: Nexxus Diametress, Nexxus Emergencee and Nexxus Humectress. My hair has never been stronger.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you do this routine on every wash?

Crysdon said:
I thought too much protein was bad too? How do you find a balance?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right Jenjen. That's why you should get them every 4-6 weeks, or whenever you feel you need more protein.

The right balance is making sure you moisturize often and get protein treatments when needed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for clearing that up, Crysdon!
think.gif

Protein is very good for strengthening the hair, but I don't like to use strong protein treatments as my hair is prone to dryness. I like to use products that contain protein and use moisturising products along with them. I like the L'anza Protein Plus Shampoo, Dudley's Hair Rebuilder, ORS Hair Mayo, IC Hair Strengthener Leave-in just to name a few. Also I can't explain exactly why, but ACV rinses leave my hair feeling really strong.

I feel the acv rinses are strengthing my hair. Plus the nightly rinses with distilled water. When I wear my hair straight I don't rinse nightly and I can tell the difference. My hair doesn't feel as strong.

I think we sometimes forget that hair is a balance of moisture and protein. So we should not limit ourselves too strictly protein or strictly moisture. Because our hair will be so off balance. And then cause it to be weak. I personally choose shampoos/conditioners that are moisturizing but with at least a protein ingredient in it.

mirrormirror said:
I think we sometimes forget that hair is a balance of moisture and protein. So we should not limit ourselves too strictly protein or strictly moisture. Because our hair will be so off balance. And then cause it to be weak. I personally choose shampoos/conditioners that are moisturizing but with at least a protein ingredient in it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with you on this....
Since I've been natural I've been avoiding the protein. My hair seemed to just be 'hair'..if that makes sense...until I did the Hennalucent...my hair looked nice and strong again...but then I did the proteins 2 more times and now I feel I overdid it. I need to find that balance. I figure for me I'll do the protein, every 2 weeks...if that is too much I'll cut back to 3 and if need to once a month.

Excellent thread! I highly second the Nexxus Emergencee, a friend of mine recently turned me on it. My friend's hair is twice as long as mine, and she has been using it for years. Talk about immediate strength. The only thing is, that this is very hard to find. I was beginning to notice my hair was getting too soft, as a matter fact, I thought it was thinning out. I was not giving it enough protein (nor using the right type when I did use it). It very hard to find though the emergencee though. After using it once, I noticed my hair had weight again. I am so glad she helped me out!! Balance between protein and moisture is something you must do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you do this routine on every wash?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I do, Nexxus this week - Motions next week
smile.gif

I think I figured that out a while ago. I've bought moisturizing and protein shampoos, and then moisturizing and protein conditioners. I've also rinsed my hair with distilled water. My hair does feel and look better. The supercharged paul mitchell conditioner is great. I used it last night for a conditioner wash. Is it a reconstructor? I understand that you shouldn't use a reconstructor for conditioner wash, is that right? I also bought a protein shampoo from aveda, and a moisturizing shampoo from them also. Wish me luck.

keeshes

Is Motions CPR a strong protein conditioner? I have been using it every four days like the jar says and I haven't noticed a big improvement. The breakage is still the same. Maybe it's too much protein or maybe I just need a trim. I think I need a trim. If you need a trim is there any amount of protein conditioner that will stop the breakage?

Back