stocking caps

aka

Does sleeping in a stocking cap break off the hair at night? I can't seem to keep a satin bonnet or scarf on my head (guess I roll around a lot), and I don't sleep with a pillow so the satin pillowcase is out. I know that wool and cotton are bad for hair, what about stocking cap material? Thanks.

aka

I find that if I buy the largest size satin cap it stays on all night. I told this to a friend & she says it worked 4 her.

Aka...I don't think stocking caps break off the hair. I use them from time to time when airdrying my hair & it makes my hair feel good. We'll C if someone else chimes in...

>>I find that if I buy the largest size satin cap it stays on all night. I told this to a friend & she says it worked 4 her. <<

Thanks for the tip. The thing is though, I hate the way those satin caps look, if you mean the big poofy ones that look like shower caps. My husband would laugh me right out of the bed and I don't feel sexy in them. I like the sleek look of stocking caps, so that's really my preference. Does anyone know the answer to this, do stocking caps break off the hair?

Thanks,
aka

I wouldn't use them if they don't have that silky material inside, espcially if you are wrapping. What I have done was wrap a silk scarf around my head kinda loose and put one of those stocking cap type things on top of it.

Back