Steaming in hair color

HanaKuroi

I remember reading steaming your hair while the dye is processing, results in better color.

Is this true?

Has anyone tried this?

I wonder if it helps with hard to dye hair?

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

I've read on this board of a few women who use their steamers for speeding up henna and indigo. Most were using a combination of steamer followed by some time under plastic warp/plastic cap. I have also seen steamers that said they were for releasing color.

I plan to hendigo either tonight or tomorrow night and hope to use my steamer.

I would assume so, considering dye is usually meant to lift the cuticle and either remove or deposit color. Steam makes it easier for that lifting to take place.

From my blog: Started my henna and indigo late last night. Tried the first hour of henna under the steamer. If I'm doing the henna and indigo process overnight, with waking up every few hours to do the next step, there is no need to use the steamer. I could have just slept that first hour.

When you steam in henna I think you only have to steam for an hour and you are done.

It cuts the henna deposit time. There was a thread or posts within a thread, several months ago explaining this.

There are plenty of folks that do it, but I've been afraid of Steaming in my Henna.

I know a couple times I used a Pink Clay Masque and the Water Resovoir and the little bottle that catches the water had a Pinkish-Reddish Hue, so I've been afraid to do it.

I don't want to ruin my Steamer. It is probably safe, but I've been leery of doing it.

When you steam in henna I think you only have to steam for an hour and you are done.

It cuts the henna deposit time. There was a thread or posts within a thread, several months ago explaining this.

Once I finished the hour under the steamer, the henna was so thick, I couldn't see if the roots were red or not. :ohwell: But next time, I'll go with just that hour under the steamer. Then, will try the same with the indigo. Thanks, HanaKuroi.

Back