STEAMER REVIEW!!!

MelsWifey

Hair Fanatic
So, my new regimen includes steaming at least once a week w/my pre-poo DC. As soon as i learned about the steamers from various threads I got online and started shopping. There were many variations for many different prices but I decided to go w/the the CE Certified Professional Hair Steamer on Wheels [Model: PRO-1037A] sold at the Salons R Us website and I loved the treatment! My hair after the wash was moist and shiny and my son's waist length natural 4a hair was so much easier to detangle when doing his conrows after only a 15 minute treatment.

Pro's:

Steardy
Different Temp Setting
Timer
Easy to assemble (all though the instructions were janky)
Easy to use
Quiet (more like silent!) during use

Con's:

Have to use distilled water so don't wanna dump & waste the water cause I stayed under 20 min and my son stayed under 15 and they're was still plenty water in the tank, so because of that I will keep it out and not stored. ETA: I finally used all the water out of the tank and it seems that a full tank of water will give you about 65 mins worth of continuous steam, but as mentioned I broke it up. Thats a lot of steam for a small tank!

The nape gets steam but not as much as the rest of the hair. ETA: I turned around to put my nape in the front and the back of the steamer, where my nape usually goes, was steamier then i'd thought so maybe the nape is fine after all.

Other than that im in love! I put my conditioning mix on damp hair for pre-poo and when I was done w/the 20 min steam my hair was wet. This will decrease the time on my shampoo days and prevent me from having to jump in and out the shower for the DC not to mention my utility bill.

Well, long story short I loved this product and for its affordable price I think it was a great buy! HHG

PRO-1037A.jpg

So I tried the steamer after washing and the good news is that it didnt seem to make a difference. My hair was just as soft and laid just as it had when I steamed during the pre-poo!

Last edited:
Hey Mario!

I used this before my wash. I dampened my hair w/a spray bottle then applied my conditioning mix like a relaxer in for sections. I gently combed the conditioner through from ends to roots pinning up every section after I was done. Then I set under the steamer for 20 mins. Next time I will do 30.

Once done steaming, I hopped in the shower, rinsed my hair, shampoo the scalp, rinsed that, applied a instant condition while I bathed, rinsed that and I was done!

My normal routine was getting in shower, shampooing, getting out to DC, then getting back in to rinse, etc... This was much more efficient :yep: HTH.

Thanks for posting your review! I definitely plan to purchase this one. They are out of stock until the end of the month so I will have to wait a while to recieve mine. This will be an early b-day treat to myself :grin:

I have this model too, Melswifey. I originally bought a different one off e-bay, but I gave that one to my sister and bought this one last month. The distribution of steam is loads better on this model IMHO. Also, the timer doesn't have that annoying ticking sound like my other one had.

I'm so glad I bought it! :grin:

I have the same steamer that I purchased in late December. Tonight was the first time that I used it and I must say it's a keeper, I'm definitely happy with my purchase. The steam made my conditioner melt into my hair and made detangling that much more easier. FYI, I steamed AFTER my shampoo, my hair turned out great. I'm currently transitioning and it made detangling my 7 month NG very easy.

Thank you for the review. I will be purchasing one of these in the next month or so. I'm just sold on the mere fact that detangling will be so much easier.

Well I ordered it for my Bday but have to wait for it to come back into stock soooooo.... I am actually glad you did this review. I don't have any detangling problems but I guess the deep infusing moisture will make me happy!!!!

So, my new regimen includes steaming at least once a week w/my pre-poo DC. As soon as i learned about the steamers from various threads I got online and started shopping. There were many variations for many different prices but I decided to go w/the the CE Certified Professional Hair Steamer on Wheels [Model: PRO-1037A] sold at the Salons R Us website and I loved the treatment! My hair after the wash was moist and shiny and my son's waist length natural 4a hair was so much easier to detangle when doing his conrows after only a 15 minute treatment.

Pro's:

Steardy
Different Temp Setting
Timer
Easy to assemble (all though the instructions were janky)
Easy to use
Quiet (more like silent!) during use

Con's:

Have to use distilled water so don't wanna dump & waste the water cause I stayed under 20 min and my son stayed under 15 and they're was still plenty water in the tank, so because of that I will keep it out and not stored.

The nape gets steam but not as much as the rest of the hair

Other than that im in love! I put my conditioning mix on damp hair for pre-poo and when I was done w/the 20 min steam my hair was wet. This will decrease the time on my shampoo days and prevent me from having to jump in and out the shower for the DC not to mention my utility bill.

Well, long story short I loved this product and for its affordable price I think it was a great buy! HHG

View attachment 54254

I have the same steamer and I love it! Just curious, why do you have to use distilled water? I steamed for the first time tonight and used tap water. Should I have used distilled water too? :look:

I have the same steamer and I love it! Just curious, why do you have to use distilled water? I steamed for the first time tonight and used tap water. Should I have used distilled water too? :look:

I pretty sure you are suppose to use distilled water. You know like you are suppose to use distilled water in irons (mineral deposits, etc).

I am glad this went well - for you! My steamer died after ONE use... Yes............one. I have this model, so keep all your reciepts....

I am glad this went well - for you! My steamer died after ONE use... Yes............one. I have this model, so keep all your reciepts....

Oh gosh I hope you took it back or shipped it back, that is horrible. I ordered mine from the same place but he was great with my other machine so that is why I chose to order from here. I actually found a cheaper price but do to his customer service I was like no I want it from here (hubby is buying for Bday).

With stuff that steam, distilled water is almost always better to use because it is clean clean clean and will keep your machine running well for longer. Tap water has minerals and salts in it, and they can build up inside the machine and keep it from working at its very best.
I think you should use distilled water in your steamer, just because it will save you time and energy in the long run. It's not that hard to remove mineral buildup from the steamer, but it's really just best to avoid it in the first place.

Ouch :nono: Was there a problem getting a replacement?

Well - I have been trying to get it to stay on, etc... I had to VACCUUM the sediment out of the hole....:nono: and I am trying to see it will work with distilled water and several tries. Other wise, it is trash - and again I will have to buy another....not this model though....

Thanx for answering the questions ladies! Sorry for getting back so late...

But yea, I would recommend distilled water because the calcium and minerals in tap water will ultimatley clog the crevices of the steamer although if you dont use distilled or salt water it wont shut off like another steamer that was reviewed.

As for 'steardy' I am def guilty of being the worlds WORST speller, lol! I meant sturdy. There was one steamer review where the user felt as if the parts were kinda flimsy. Not the case w/this one! I can even see it in a salon tell you the truth. HTH

@ Neek: Ima clarify tomorrow so im gonna try it after the shampoo as well. I'll see if there's a difference...

Well - I have been trying to get it to stay on, etc... I had to VACCUUM the sediment out of the hole....:nono: and I am trying to see it will work with distilled water and several tries. Other wise, it is trash - and again I will have to buy another....not this model though....

If You Got it from: SalonsRUs you should contact them.:yep:

I purchased mine over a Year ago (even before joining LHCF) and I mishandled the Water Reservoir i.e. dropped it several times etc...and it chipped/cracked and water was seeping out (if I filled it up past the Octagon). I just noticed this on Saturday when I was getting ready to Steam.:nono:

So, I called today, and they still had the paperwork in their files regarding my order etc.......So, You should call and tell them what Happened.

The Customer Service was excellent.:grin: I talk to a guy name: Marc.

ETA: He told me in the Month of December Alone, they sold over 500! :blush:

I said to myself: LHCF Strikes Again:lachen::lachen:

Back