Steamer- Brand, Style, Shape?

amara11

Hi Ladies.

I'm getting ready to get a few jewels for my hair and high on my list is a steamer. I've pretty much always struggled with dryness and softness and have yet to find the perfect conditioner that aids with both of those areas. I figure the steamer would be an improvement to my dc technique.

After doing a search though- I must say that I have no clue on which brand to by.

So if you don't mind ladies- I'd love for those of you who own hooded steamers to let me know where you got yours.

What brand is it?

Are you satisfied with it?

Where did you buy it?

How much was it? (if you don't mind)

Also If you don't mind sharing a line or two on the very very *basics* of how you use it (e.g- shampoo first or not, conditioner on then steam, steam then condition? Do you add anything to the water you steam with?) Sorry if those seem like silly questions-- but when I was searching- most ppl kinda skip the really basic stuff when they talk about what they use.

I look forward to hearing from you :)

TIA

amara11,
this review turned me off about this one - especially since i have a 2yo running around. but who knows this person could be ove dramatizing.

This product is absolutely not worth the money. The hood part of it is made up of several fragile (Cheap plastic)bits which you have to attach to the centre and brackets to form the hood. These brackets do not fit perfectly together which means, it could be very tricky when the steam starts coming through. The plastic is not durable and I do not anticipate this product lasting long.
The unit where the water is poured into has no covering whatsoever and this could be a danger in itself when using this product as if you were to move accidentally against it, the water (which is hot) would spill. If you have kids then I would say this product is a definite no, no. If you do not have kids, this product is still not worth the price!

Last edited:
What brand is it? I think it is called the ProSteamer from Eva Salon. It is a stand steamer.

Are you satisfied with it? Yes, I am very satisifed with my purchase. My hair is really looking and behaving so much better

Where did you buy it? The website is www.evasalon.com.

How much was it? (if you don't mind) I believe I paid $139 and the shipping was free

Also If you don't mind sharing a line or two on the very very *basics* of how you use it (e.g- shampoo first or not, conditioner on then steam, steam then condition? Do you add anything to the water you steam with?) Usually I will clarify first, followed by a moisturizing shampoo, I apply a moisturizing deep conditioner or cholesterol and sit under the steamer for 1/2 hour. I rinse and roller set my hair afterwards. I do this biweekly, even though I think I could steam every week but my hair is doing great. Plus, I know too much of a good thing is not a good thing.

What brand is it? I think it is called the ProSteamer from Eva Salon. It is a stand steamer.

Are you satisfied with it? Yes, I am very satisifed with my purchase. My hair is really looking and behaving so much better

How much was it? (if you don't mind) I believe I paid $139 and the shipping was free

Also If you don't mind sharing a line or two on the very very *basics* of how you use it (e.g- shampoo first or not, conditioner on then steam, steam then condition? Do you add anything to the water you steam with?) Usually I will clarify first, followed by a moisturizing shampoo, I apply a moisturizing deep conditioner or cholesterol and sit under the steamer for 1/2 hour. I rinse and roller set my hair afterwards. I do this biweekly, even though I think I could steam every week but my hair is doing great. Plus, I know too much of a good thing is not a good thing.

How long ago did you buy the steamer? I have been wanting this one because it seems like a good model at a reasonable price. Every time I check the site it is sold out.

When you say your hair looks better do you mean its shinier, bouncier, easier to style etc.? TIA.

How long ago did you buy the steamer? I have been wanting this one because it seems like a good model at a reasonable price. Every time I check the site it is sold out.

When you say your hair looks better do you mean its shinier, bouncier, easier to style etc.? TIA.

I contacted the company about this.
They are not selling it anymore.
:nono:

The ends of my hair are no longer dry and brittle. I lose very few hairs when detangling in the shower. My hair feels really soft and smooth but it still has some strength to it. My new growth at week 10 is very easy to manage as the comb glides through my hair.

I have had the steamer since May of this year.

The ends of my hair are no longer dry and brittle. I lose very few hairs when detangling in the shower. My hair feels really soft and smooth but it still has some strength to it. My new growth at week 10 is very easy to manage as the comb glides through my hair.

I have had the steamer since May of this year.

Thanks! I definitely want one :yep:

Thanks so much!!!! I think I'll look for this brand too- either elsewhere or wait until they get it back in stock.

Back