Starting All Over Again...

jamaicasmodona

Hi Everyone.. So, I've been apart of LHCF for some time now.

I was doing good with my hair to the point where I was about APL, until November. I decided to treat myself to a weave for my birthday. I had it in my hair for about a month and a half and liked how easy it was for me to get ready in the morning..
Since it was a lot easier, I decided that I would continue to do it. In May '09, in between weaves, I noticed that my hair broke A LOT. I mean, one side was longer than the other and I had so much dead hair. :nono::nono:

I felt really discouraged, but proceeded. Before my stylist put a new style in my hair, I asked her to cut my hair. I was really sad because I have never had my hair that short, it was up to my ears!.

I posted a picture below of how my hair was.. I can't post the current length because my phone is giving me trouble. I can't find my digital camera.. Ugh.

Any advice to help bring my hair back to its healthiness would be really helpful for me.

At this time, my regimen is:

-Co-washing weekly with Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner
-Weekly deep conditioning with Dr.Miracle's Deep Conditioning Treatment
-I try not to use shampoo as much, but will if my hair feels heavy.
-I don't blow dry anymore, I let my hair air dry..
-I seal with Shea butter.

That's it.. thanks before hand!!!:grin::grin::grin:

This was my hair June 2008

Attachments

• My Phone Pics 101.jpg
    My Phone Pics 101.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 53
Your routine seems simple enough,but what are you using as a moisturizer? Do you use a moisturizer? And what is your approximate routine?

I would give the weaves a break!! try full wigs!! girl I always say I was a sew in queen, but they will take a toll on ur hair especially the constant braiding...

IMO the only way to do weaves and take care of ur hair is to do them urself...not to say ur stylist doesn't know what she's doing, but nobody is gonna care for ur hair like u and plus hey they gotta make that style last so....u know...

but yea take a break from the sew ins and if u dont wanna rock ur hair just yet (like me still trying to get my edges how I want them) try wigs or half wigs!! u will become addicted!! HTH

Good luck!!

Oh yea make sure ur moisture and protein is balanced!! b/c sometimes breakage could be do to dry unmoisturized hair or weak lack of protein hair (hopefully i'm right)

I would give the weaves a break!! try full wigs!! girl I always say I was a sew in queen, but they will take a toll on ur hair especially the constant braiding...

IMO the only way to do weaves and take care of ur hair is to do them urself...not to say ur stylist doesn't know what she's doing, but nobody is gonna care for ur hair like u and plus hey they gotta make that style last so....u know...

but yea take a break from the sew ins and if u dont wanna rock ur hair just yet (like me still trying to get my edges how I want them) try wigs or half wigs!! u will become addicted!! HTH

Good luck!!

Oh yea make sure ur moisture and protein is balanced!! b/c sometimes breakage could be do to dry unmoisturized hair or weak lack of protein hair (hopefully i'm right)

Thanks... I forgot to mention that I am wigging.. Half and full..

What kind of moisturizer would you recommend? What could I use for protein?

I'm using Qhemet Burdock's right now alternating with ors olive moisturizer. It depends on your hair. My hair doesn't like heavy moisturizers. And I only need a little every other day.But post your routine so others can chime in.

I Co-wash once a week with Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner and also deep condition with Dr. Miracles Deep Conditioning Treatment.

After washing, I will lightly dry my hair with the towel and add the Shea Butter. I then part my hair in fours and leave it like that until the next time I wash.

I wear wigs right now, so there is not much styling that I'll have to do.:ohwell::nono:

Hope this explains it!

shoot, your hair looked fine to me! btw all hair is dead hair. hair is nothing but dead protein cells chained together. so don't be discouraged! now with your cut, your hair is bound to grow back to what it was before, and even longer. i could use a cut myself, hehe

keep your regimen as simple as possible. deep condition at every wash, and find good low maintenance styles that will allow you to look cute & keep your hands out of your hair at the same time. buns, banana clips, and ornamental hair combs are some of my favorite hair accessories :grin:

you want to maximize the percentage of hair that you retain, and at the same time, baby all the hair you've got now. :yep:

:welcome: back. I’m currently transitioning to natural and use Qhemet Biologics’s Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm and Qhemet Biologics’s Burdock Root Butter Cream simultaneously; The moisturising combination of the Qhemet Biologics product’s works wonderfully for my hair; it feel’s soo soft and hydrated all day.

For protein I use Joico K-pak Liquid Reconstructor; my hair feels soft and strengthen after using it. I’ve had a small about of breakage during my transition (I’m trying to transition as long as possible before I cut my hair) but now with the use of this product my breakage is none existent.

Hope this helps

Hi Everyone.. So, I've been apart of LHCF for some time now.

I was doing good with my hair to the point where I was about APL, until November. I decided to treat myself to a weave for my birthday. I had it in my hair for about a month and a half and liked how easy it was for me to get ready in the morning..
Since it was a lot easier, I decided that I would continue to do it. In May '09, in between weaves, I noticed that my hair broke A LOT. I mean, one side was longer than the other and I had so much dead hair. :nono::nono:

I felt really discouraged, but proceeded. Before my stylist put a new style in my hair, I asked her to cut my hair. I was really sad because I have never had my hair that short, it was up to my ears!.

I posted a picture below of how my hair was.. I can't post the current length because my phone is giving me trouble. I can't find my digital camera.. Ugh.

Any advice to help bring my hair back to its healthiness would be really helpful for me.

At this time, my regimen is:

-Co-washing weekly with Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner
-Weekly deep conditioning with Dr.Miracle's Deep Conditioning Treatment
-I try not to use shampoo as much, but will if my hair feels heavy.
-I don't blow dry anymore, I let my hair air dry..
-I seal with Shea butter.

That's it.. thanks before hand!!!:grin::grin::grin:

This was my hair June 2008

Yay!:drunk: bumpity bump bump

Back