STARTING ALL OVER AGAIN...... (long)

championgurl

this time no bumps in the road. That's what last year was; my guniea pig year, what-not- to -do's, never-agains, you all know what I'm talking about... That very first year on your journey to long, healthy hair. ;)

July 2004: I cut my hair off to about ear/chin length because of a hair disaster. Started using UBH, and coming from where I was in hair hair, it worked wonders! By october I had gained 4 inches of length. Do the math..... :eek:

Got all excited and hair was doing fine....

December '04: switched from NO-LYE to LYE relaxers cause the calcium in NL was kiling my hair. That was going well, thanks to the useful info I had gleaned form lurking in the shadows of this LCHF. :D

Somewhere along that timeline I must have over- protiened..... and yep, you guessed it: BREAKAGE CITY.

May'05: trying to stretch relaxer so my hair can have a chance to rest, decided to do single braids. Ol' girl did and excellent job: braid were neat, not too tight, looked hot!......... But why is it that as I am looking at my nice new sexy braids, I realise that Ol' Girl glued my hair when she was gluing the braids???????? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

So I left the braids in for about a month and did get a considerable amount of NG, (mind you I am now almost four months post relaxer as the last touch up was march 05). ALL in hope that it would make up for what I knew I was gonna hve to hack off from the glue....... :ohwell:

ANYHOOOOOOO, here I am about to relax my hair for the first time in almost four months, and will have to chop alot of what little I have left off just to even it out so I can look like somebody's child. (yes been wearing scarves on my head all week to work, don't laugh).

SO IT'S A CLEAN START FOR ME, AND NOW THAT I HAVE HAD THIS FIRST YEAR TO MAKE ALL MY MISTAKES, AND LEARN FROM ALL THE HELPFUL LADIES ON THIS BOARD, I KNOW THIS WILL BE A SUCCESSFUL START TO MY SECOND AND FINAL ATTEMPT TO ACHIEVING MY LONG HAIR DREAMS....

THANK YOU FOR LISTENING TO MY LONG STORY,
THAT IS ALL FOR NOW,
AND I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED,
I TOOK BEFORE DAMAGE- CONTROLL -CHOP PICS AND WILL TAKE AFTER RELAXER AND CHOP PICS.......
AND I HAVE A WEBSHOTS ACCOUNT, SO STAY TUNED LADIES.......
BECAUSE HERE I COME..... :grin: :grin: :grin:

~CHAMPIONGURL.

Good luck Championgurl!... I had a bad hair year as well. I colored my hair. BIG MISTAKE!! and then these past few weeks I stretched out my relaxer. EVEN BIGGER MISTAKE. So, now I am stuck with thin arm pit length hair. I am hoping to achieve thick armpit length hair by september and then I am on my way to bra strap for good! I want bra strap hair by January. I am gonna start using MTG too.

Good luck. I had a nightmare hair year in 2004...thanks to to weaves and braids. they work so well for some of the ladies but my hair just cant take it.

Back