Started at my big chop, now I'm here! Pics of my journey on 3rd naturalversary!!!

Diva_Esq

Exactly 3 years ago today, after an 11 month & 3 day transition, I was inspired by one tiny tendril at my nape that had broken at the line of demarcation to reveal the cutest little curly Q I'd seen on my head! That curly Q made me long for no more limp, dead, relaxed ends! It made me want to rock my curls and I haven't looked back!

I am so thankful for my natural journey and wanted to share a few pics!! :look: Happy 3rd year natural to ME! :grin:

Big Chop (April 5, 2010)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

AFTER 3 YEARS FULLY NATURAL

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Excuse the back fat!! :look:

picture.php

Thanks for your help in my journey!! :grin:

Congrats!
Can I ask how you got your hair straight like that?
Blow dry? With what? Flat iron? with what?
Temp for both :)

Your hair was pretty when you were relaxed (I remember it), but it's actually alot prettier now.

Congratulations!

P.S. Let me get that reggie?

Congrats!
Can I ask how you got your hair straight like that?
Blow dry? With what? Flat iron? with what?
Temp for both :)

MixedGirl

I air dry my hair in one braid about 60-75% dry with leave-in conditioner in it (Paul Mitchell the Conditioner or Kinky Curly Knot Today). Then I take the braid down, apply a little bit of Paul Mitchell super skinny serum and blow dry on low heat with a comb attachment. Once I am done with the blow out, I apply a little Sabino Moisture Block and either Almond, Jojoba or my fav, GRAPESEED OIL and flat iron very small sections using the comb chase method on about 375-425 with a ceramic Infrashine flat iron that my stylist had to buy for me. He uses the same method when he does my flatty too. Hope that helps! :)

Your hair was pretty when you were relaxed (I remember it), but it's actually alot prettier now.

Congratulations!

P.S. Let me get that reggie?

Chaosbutterfly

Thanks so much. :grin:

Regimen: I cowash 4-7x a week depending on the style with Aussie Moist 3 Minute Miracle or L'Oreal Total Repair 5, detangle in the shower with condish in my hair using the Ouidad Double Detangler comb. Rinse, squeeze out water. While dripping, I put Paul Mitchell The Conditioner in and use ORS Edge Control and EcoStyler clear or Olive Oil gel for my edges. I mostly wet braided bun or pony. Occasionally, I wear it in a wash n go.

I deep condition 1x a week- every 2 weeks with Joico Moisture Recovery Balm or some other deep conditioner (trying a few new ones). Protein about once every 3-4 weeks with Giovanni. Shampoo once every 2-3 weeks with Tigi Bedhead Moisture Maniac. Sleep with a silk scarf. I only flat iron for length check/ trim day every 12-14 weeks or special occasions.

Gorgeous! How did you get your hair that straight?

caribeandiva

I air dry my hair in one braid about 60-75% dry with leave-in conditioner in it (Paul Mitchell the Conditioner or Kinky Curly Knot Today). Then I take the braid down, apply a little bit of Paul Mitchell super skinny serum and blow dry on low heat with a comb attachment. Once I am done with the blow out, I apply a little Sabino Moisture Block and either Almond, Jojoba or my fav, GRAPESEED OIL and flat iron very small sections using the comb chase method on about 375-425 with a ceramic Infrashine flat iron that my stylist had to buy for me. He uses the same method when he does my flatty too. Hope that helps!

Girl! Your hair is fabulous!!! From the chop to the drop. I love it! Congratulations on 3 years natural! :clap::clap:

Back