Staple Dominican Product Reformulated :( ....devastated

nymane

Lacio Lacio leave-in (still in shock) :cry: :angry2:

This was wildly popular on the forum 2008 - 2011, and I'm sure there are still a few Lacio Lacio lovers out there, like me. I've been using this leave-in for 5 years, and it (along with Silicon Mix DC) transformed my once damaged & highly porous tresses, to healthy & pliable/supple. Stretching my relaxer 5 - 6 months was effortless, because it made my new growth so soft and moisturized. :yep: :lick:

I know that a number of years ago it was sort of reformulated,without mink oil, and there was a version with hydrolyzed wheat, and hydrolyzed silk. But, in my opinion, the effectiveness was never compromised.

I'm not sure if I'll try to reformulated version anytime soon (I'm waiting for more reviews), but luckily the company (Star) has other leave-ins that comparable to Lacio Lacio (i.e. Panthenol & Germen Trigo & Placenta de Ovejo).

If you've tried the new Lacio Lacio please leave a review here. :offrant:

Attachments

• New Packaging_lacio lacio.jpg
    New Packaging_lacio lacio.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_20150129_183450 (2).jpg
    IMG_20150129_183450 (2).jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
You scared me for a second, I thought Silicon MIx had been reformulated :p

I haven't used Lacio Lacio in yearssss, I prefer Salerm 21 but reading old threads and people were comparing both and most people preferred Lacio Lacio.

What's the difference in ingredients?

Can you find the old ones on Ebay and stock up?

Another alternative that people like is It's a 10 leave in conditioner.

I haven't used Lacio Lacio in years either, but my DD loves this product. There's a Brazilian leave-in that is very similar. I'll try to find the name for you.

I have nothing of value to add to this thread, just wanted to say hello to some of old hair buddies. Hey yall! :wave:

Chile....yes! I raced in here thinking they done messed with Silicon Mix! :lol:

I moved on from Lacio Lacio. It was too watery and I found better.
I like Dr. Cabello leave-in. It's Dominican too.

I haven't used Lacio Lacio in yearssss, I prefer Salerm 21 but reading old threads and people were comparing both and most people preferred Lacio Lacio.

What's the difference in ingredients?

Can you find the old ones on Ebay and stock up?

Another alternative that people like is It's a 10 leave in conditioner.

Here are the old ingredients: WATER, METHYCICLOPOLYSILOXANE, DIMETHYLPOLSILOXANE, FATTY ALCOHOL, C14-C18, CETRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, QUATERNIUM-79, HYDROLIZED SILK PROTEIN, BEHENTRIMONIUM METHOSULFATE, FRAGRANCE, DMDM HYDANTOINE, METHYLCHLOROISOTIAZOLINONE/METHYLISOTIAZOLINONE

I contacted a few ebay seller already and they said that they only carry the new one now. Even my local BSS only has the new one in stock :nono:

Thanks for the recommendation for it's a 10, I have the original and keratin version, I haven't used it in several months but I remember it being pretty good. I'm just happy that I have 2 1/2 (lacio) bottles left, and a few good back up leave-ins.

Noooo I love Lacio Lacio for rollersets!

I hate when companies do that!!! Why mess with a good thing?

I know!!!! It seems like they are jumping on the Argan Oil bandwagon :nono:

Chile....yes! I raced in here thinking they done messed with Silicon Mix! :lol:

I moved on from Lacio Lacio. It was too watery and I found better.
I like Dr. Cabello leave-in. It's Dominican too.

I think I'd cry if it were Silicon Mix :dizzy:

Last edited:
Hi OP

The new Lacio Lacio *Brazilian Keratin Plus formula *is the same ingredients as the original lacio lacio, they just renamed it. Just some of the ingredients are a in a different order. Its also creamy and more mositurizing. I love it.

Hi OP

The new Lacio Lacio *Brazilian Keratin Plus formula *is the same ingredients as the original lacio lacio, they just renamed it. Just some of the ingredients are a in a different order. Its also creamy and more mositurizing. I love it.

Thanks for posting. I actually have a full bottle of the Keratin version and I used it once.

It didn't give me the same slip as the original, but after my roller set my hair was VERY soft so I'm definitely going to revisit this leave-in :)

Back