St. Louis Product Junkies!!

ellennicole

Okay, just wanted to share that I've found a a couple of beauty supply stores the carry EVERYTHING. I have been going to Beauty Brands (in Florissant) for my high end products (Keracare, Mizani, Karatease, Nexxus, and Kenra). I used to buy all of my products on metrobeauty.com, but since finding this place, I don't need to order online. The prices are pretty high, but you have your selection of really good products. They've recently added Dudley products too.

For your lower priced and hard to find items, I would suggest Parker Beauty Plaza on Parker Road in Florissant. I've been meaning to go for years. I was floored by all of the products they carry. It's right across from my beautician (who, by the way is VERY MUCH into healthy hair care). Most of her clients, including my sister and I are constantly asked about our hair). Anyway, it's on Parker Road. They carry any and every hair product you can imagine. I was FLOORED when I found Surge products. I hadn't been able to find ANY here. I pretty much have my staples so I won't be exploring anything new, but now I can by my products from two stores instead of going here, there, and online for my hair care products. I'm so excited!!!

Thanks Ellennicole....I didn't like Parker's Beauty and have pledged not to go there anymore. Last year, when I first asked the owner about Surge products he had no idea what I was talking about and kept insisting that it must be a salon product like Nexxus or Redken and that he wouldn't be able to carry it. I tried to explain to him that it was not a salon product and that Walgreens even carries it, but he wouldn't listen and kept talking over me. Very rude! I haven't been back since.

There is a BSS on Florissant Rd. near Hwy I-70 that carries lots of products though, excluding Surge and Kemi products. I believe it's called Beauty Town...they have lots of stuff!

@JenJen, I've been wondering about Parker's Beauty. It seems to be pretty big. Did you know Walmart Carries alot of salon brand products, too(Redken, Nexus, etc)?

JenJen2721 said:
There is a BSS on Florissant Rd. near Hwy I-70 that carries lots of products though, excluding Surge and Kemi products. I believe it's called Beauty Town...they have lots of stuff!
I know exactly where that is. A second Beauty Town opened up last year a few blocks from my home. It's on West Florissant just past Ferguson Ave (right next to McDonalds). They don't have quite as many haircare products, but their selection of wigs and extension hair is HUGE.

I love the Beauty Brands store in Florissant. The selection of salon hair care products is just ridiculous. They even do hair and nails in there too, but I don't know anyone who gets any of those services.

BTW - If there are any Carol's Daughter fans in St. Louis, the Diversity Gallery on Delmar Blvd. carries them. It's in the U. City Loop right next to the Pageant. Their phone number is 314-721-3361. The Diversity Gallery is still worth checking out even if you're not going for the Carol's Daughter products. It's really beautiful.

Cool. I know this is sad but do you know if the the other salon is black owned? I really would like to support an AA establishment.

I've gotten facials and manicures at Beauty Brands. I really enjoyed it, but it is TOO EXPENSIVE. I've spent over 200 in ONE TRIP (services and products) which is ridiculous.

Back