St.Ives Hair Repair: Intensive Conditioner(Review)

Jade21

The full name of this product is St.Ives Hair Repair Intensive Conditioner Moisture Treatment.

What It Says On The Bottle

"An energizing treatment, fortified with Rosemary and Mint extracts, helps to restore body and shine in only 2 minutes."

"For Dry or Damaged Hair"

"Feel it working!! This moisture infusing formula, containing Rosemary, Mint, fine Swiss herbs and essential nutrients, helps restore body, manageability and shine to your hair. You will actually feel it working--leaving your scalp refreshingly cool and invigorated in just 2 minutes. Great for dry or damaged hair."

"Directions: Use at least once a week. After shampooing, massage into hair and scalp applying to ends and other damage-prone areas. Your scalp may feel a refreshing tingle during treatment. Leave on for two minutes and then rinse thoroughly."

Ingredients

Water, cetyl alcohol, glycery monstearate, PEG-8 stearate, stearalkonium chloride, panthenol, mint oil, menthol, propylene glycol, rosemary leaf extract, echinacea, carrageenaan, olive fruit extract, hibiscus, elder flower extract, evening primrose root, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract, sunflower seed extract, hair keratin amino acids, hydrolyzed wheat protein, hydrolyzed collagen, PEG-14M, RNA, methylparaben, propylparaben, phenoxethanol.

Price

The suggested retail price is $3.99 for 12oz. I paid $2.99 for it at a local CVS on sale.

Overall Rating

I would rate this 4/5. See discussion below.

Discussion

The smell was heavenly. If you like peppermint, you will truly enjoy it. It smelled just like peppermint essential. I could barely detect the rosemary.

The product is extremely THICK. It's more like a slightly liquid paste. The bottle comes with a pump which I didn't care for because it got clogged. So, I just replaced it with a screw-on top from another St. Ives product which I had. Worked much better for the application.

I used this product 3 times. The first time, I washed my hair and applied to scalp, and a bit to my length and a good amount on my ends. The second time, I used on my ends only. The third time, I used on my scalp only. The last time was the best and here's why.

What I found was that the product did an extremely good job in terms of infusing my hair with moisture and added strength. The strength factor I noticed about two days after using it. I don't lose many strands daily, but I lost fewer. However, I thought the product did not do a good job of detangling. This is very uncharacteristic of St. Ives hair conditioning products. However, I have found that my hair does not detangle well with the conditioning agent stearalkonium chloride I always watch how my hair does when this ingredient is listed in ANY product.

How I will be using this product is as a scalp invigorator. I have never used a mainstream commercial hair product which did such a tremendous job here. I left the product on for about 10 minutes and my scalp was past tingling. It felt like every pore had opened! It was a wonderful feeling.

My third use was the best. I shampooed with Clairol Renewal 5x for dry hair, then applied this product to my scalp. I rinsed that off and then used my regular conditioner all over.

So, I would definitely recommend this product, but not as an all-over conditioning treatment.

~Jade~

I've been using this product for years so i could tell you from my experience it is the most envigorating experience i've ever felt it tingles and refreshes your scalp i rate it a 11!!!!!!!!
trampoline.gif

I have it at home too and I agree that it definitely does invigorate the scalp, with it's minty smell and tingly feeling!!!

I have so many other conditioners that I just don't reach for this one often, but I will have to pull it out one of these days!
smile.gif
Thanks for reminding me about this product, Jade!!

Back