SSKs / fairy knots forever? Or smaller comb?

silenttullip

I use to post about this... I've tried it all and just had a cut a week ago to get rid of them all. Well ends are already crunchy RIGHT AFTER moisturizing and sealing. Even the LOC Method, baggying method, prepooing, dcing, none worked. I plan to resume cowashing but is there any other solution?
I was wondering if using a medium tooth comb instead of wide may help?
I tried only a moisture reggie but my hair will shed and get mushy so I'll add protein. I found a balanced conditioner that works but still ssks. I can't leave them. When I flat iron (every few mths) they make my ends feel and look terrible hints the trim
my only thought is with my scalp I wash every 4-7days.
maybe the Cocomidopropyl Betaine in my shescentit is contributing to the dryness and knots, but I can't be sure. I know its over cleaning / stripping my scalp even when diluted but its hard to find something without it or sulfates besides poo bars and their ph isn't good so I'm kinda stuck.
besides cowashing and trying as I ams cleansing pudding I'm stumped... Any suggestions???

thanks

I use to post about this... I've tried it all and just had a cut a week ago to get rid of them all. Well ends are already crunchy RIGHT AFTER moisturizing and sealing. Even the LOC Method, baggying method, prepooing, dcing, none worked. I plan to resume cowashing but is there any other solution?
I was wondering if using a medium tooth comb instead of wide may help?
I tried only a moisture reggie but my hair will shed and get mushy so I'll add protein. I found a balanced conditioner that works but still ssks. I can't leave them. When I flat iron (every few mths) they make my ends feel and look terrible hints the trim
my only thought is with my scalp I wash every 4-7days.
maybe the Cocomidopropyl Betaine in my shescentit is contributing to the dryness and knots, but I can't be sure. I know its over cleaning / stripping my scalp even when diluted but its hard to find something without it or sulfates besides poo bars and their ph isn't good so I'm kinda stuck.
besides cowashing and trying as I ams cleansing pudding I'm stumped... Any suggestions???

thanks

I can't help with the SSKs but as far as shampoos, I recently found 4 Naturals Extra Moist Detanging Shampoo. I picked it up from Sally's. I found it to be better than any of the cleansing conditioners/cowashesI tried (As I Am, Hair One). It doesn't strip my hair and leaves it soft and moist like it says. (My hair is 4b, low porosity if that helps.)

It does sound like your ends are drying out but I don't know enough to help you pinpoint the cause.

I feel like my SSKs are inevitable... No matter what I do. Keeping my hair stretched doesn't help... moisturized, doesn't help... I'm hoping to benefit from tips in this thread...!

Back