spraying braids

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!
I got tree braids with pony hair and it looks quite fabulous! I also have some braid spray, but should I spray my scalp 2x a day or is that too much> U thought I would spray it like this 2x a day and once a week use sea breeze to clean my scalp. does that sound good? I want to keep these in for at least two months.

I a asking because my mom said that my scalp will end up getting dirty due to the product build up, but my head tends to be dry all the time and I would normally oil my scalp at night and my hair in the morning.

BTW, I will not use surge whiel I have my braids cuz I dont want my braids to get messed up to fast!!
smile.gif

Thank you for starting this post. I will be getting tree braids on June 26th, but they actually call them interlocking braids. They will braid cornrows around my head in a circle and then attach the other hair. I bought some Auntie Lizzie hair (pony yaky) and it's quite pretty. I have never had tree braids before and I was wondering if you could still spray the braids as well as oil your scalp. I want to continue with my regime where i'm using indian oils at least 3 times a week on my scalp and i want to continue to keep my braids moisturize by using a braid spray everyday. So you're saying it still is possible to do all of this in tree braids?

the lady at the place where I bouth my braid spray (better braids oil) said that it would be safe to spray it on the hair as well as the scalp.

Please excuse my ignorance, but what are "Tree Braids"? I thought I was pretty up-to-date with all things hair, but I have never heard of these! Are they like Micro Braids or Individual Braids? I may need to try this too as I'm now natural but in a really weird "in between" phase on my length. It's no longer short and cute and sassy, but it's not a nice medium length either so I want to stay in some sort of braids (I have micro's now sort of) until I can at least grow my hair back out to scraping shoulders! Please Help!
smile.gif

Back