Split Ends 101 by NappyChronicles

I hate watching videos. Most people's voices annoy the heck out of me. But I'm going to force myself to watch this one at some point because it seems like it'll be good.

I hate watching videos. Most people's voices annoy the heck out of me. But I'm going to force myself to watch this one at some point because it seems like it'll be good.

There is no talking in the video its more like a powerpoint presentation. I got bored with it about 3 minutes in because most of the info was very basic and has been discussed here already. She also contradicts herself within the first two minutes or so....:look:

There is no talking in the video its more like a powerpoint presentation. I got bored with it about 3 minutes in because most of the info was very basic and has been discussed here already. She also contradicts herself within the first two minutes or so....:look:

Ok great. I can't do the talking. There's someone's videos I can never watch because she has the most annoying voice ever.

I guess I'll watch it later.

I'm pretty sure that every topic about hair that's worth discussing has been mentioned on this forum. I just thought it was an informative video and I was impressed with it. I know I learned something new. It's not entertaining in the least bit. It's strictly information and there's no talking at all, just reading. And, of course, to hard-core LHCFers the information may just be common sense, but there's a lot of newbies that are coming in, and perhaps they would find it beneficial.

Yes, this info has been presented before, but I'm sure some members have missed it. Thanks for posting.

It was very informative---basic LHCF rules. Prior to finding this site, I would have LOVED to have stumbled upon it.

Ok great. I can't do the talking. There's someone's videos I can never watch because she has the most annoying voice ever.

I guess I'll watch it later.

I find most of the voices irritating, too. The crazy thing is, I have an annoying voice---straight valley girl from the '80s. For years, whenever I heard my recorded voice, I never recognized it or I thought the machine screwed it up somehow. I still find it hard to believe that is the sound that everybody normally hears :spinning:.

I find most of the voices irritating, too. The crazy thing is, I have an annoying voice---straight valley girl from the '80s. For years, whenever I heard my recorded voice, I never recognized it or I thought the machine screwed it up somehow. I still find it hard to believe that is the sound that everybody normally hears :spinning:.

My voice is super annoying as well. Complete valley girl with random Boston pronunciation thrown in. Not cute at all. And yet, I really cannot take some people's voices.

How did she contradict herself?

I thought it was a very good video. Very informative.

Nutritionally, the primary cause of split ends is excessive consumption of sugar? Is that true and can anybody elaborate?

Nutritionally, the primary cause of split ends is excessive consumption of sugar? Is that true and can anybody elaborate?

I did a little research online, and surprisingly sugar does lead to split ends. Here's an article that mentions, very briefly, that excessive sugar intake leads to split ends. I'm not sure why or how, but I know that excessive sugar is very detrimental to bodily organs and harms pretty much anything, so it probably leads to brittle hair, which in turn, can lead to splits

http://relaxedhairhealth.blogspot.com/2008_07_01_archive.html

I did a little research online, and surprisingly sugar does lead to split ends. Here's an article that mentions, very briefly, that excessive sugar intake leads to split ends. I'm not sure why or how, but I know that excessive sugar is very detrimental to bodily organs and harms pretty much anything, so it probably leads to brittle hair, which in turn, can lead to splits

http://relaxedhairhealth.blogspot.com/2008_07_01_archive.html

Yet another reason to do the BFC challenge.

Hi Muffin!:hiya: Thanks for Posting.:up: I found it to be Very Informative.:grin: And I enjoyed it immensely.

Good Looking out for those of us that may not have known some of these things.:look:

How did she contradict herself?

I thought it was a very good video. Very informative.

Example:

@ 1:54 she states “that you really on need to trim when you have splits on the end” and @ 1:17 she writes “get your hair trimmed every 6 to 12 weeks”. That seems pretty contradictory to me. On one hand you’re saying trim when you only have splits and on the other hand she is giving a schedule to trim. :rolleyes:

Example:

@ 1:54 she states “that you really on need to trim when you have splits on the end” and @ 1:17 she writes “get your hair trimmed every 6 to 12 weeks”. That seems pretty contradictory to me. On one hand you’re saying trim when you only have splits and on the other hand she is giving a schedule to trim. :rolleyes:

I think she meant that, if you don't have split ends, you should get a trim every 6-12 weeks, just as a preventative measure. But, if you currently have split ends, you should trim as soon as possible, regardless of the 6-12 week rule.

I think she meant that, if you don't have split ends, you should get a trim every 6-12 weeks, just as a preventative measure. But, if you currently have split ends, you should trim as soon as possible, regardless of the 6-12 week rule.

I took it this same way. Who knows what she meant, but it was an informative video IMO.

Maybe so, but I found it to be confusing and contradictory. However, I'm glad that some found it helpful...after all that's whats important!!!:yep:

Back