Spinoff: If you are not wrapping your hair at night...what are you doing?

PuffyBrown

I was reading the wrapping hair thread and its about half wrap and half dont wrap.

If you do not wrap your hair at night, how do you prepare your head for bed(be specific)?

What benefits have you experienced with using this method?

Tutorials will be good for us who just know how to wrap.

I wrap my hair will no adverse affects, but if there are some other things that have good results spill the beans........

When straightened I roll my hair in the white soft rollers and sleep in those. Makes for nice curls in the morning :grin:

ETA - Until it becomes a chocolate cloud :look:

Last edited:
I do a cross wrap.

Honestly I don't think it comes out all that great, mainly because my hair is short. I think if it was longer it would come out better. But i dont wear my hair down at all so it doesn't bother me. If I wanted to wear my hair down, wrapping would probably be the best choice. I just don't like all the manipulation that comes with wrapping so I do it very seldom.

I'm pondering right now whether to wrap it for bed or put my snap-on rollers in so it won't be so flat.

I'm too lazy, i think i'm just gonna moisturize and wrap.

So with me, its either wrap, dry rollerset, and on the night before wash day, I'll just throw on the scarf without wrapping b/c i dont care how its gonna look the next day cause im washing it.

My hair's almost always back in a bun or twist, so I just throw on my bonnet and go to bed

OT, MizzBrown, I've been meaning to tell you how fab your hair's looking! Beautiful shine, it looks so healthy, bouncy and soft :yep:

Last edited:
My hair's almost always back in a bun or twist, so I just throw on my bonnet and go to bed

OT, MizzBrown, I've been meaning to tell you how fab your hair's looking! Beautiful shine, it looks so healthy, bouncy and soft :yep:

Thanks! And i decided to wrap my hair tonight. I applied some QB Amla Oil pomade to scalp, some coconut oil on hair and ends and then wrapped it up using a vent brush....it had better look good in the morning.

I've tried everything and nothing works like wrapping. I have breakage near my ears so I decided to stop wrapping. My hair is too uneven for the cross wrap. Rollers are uncomfortable. The ponytail comes out crazy looking. I just can't find a good way to keep it straight, but not so flat. I even tried putting a roller at the end and it didn't come out right either.

1). cross wrap
2). my pin curl method for serious curls
3). 4-6 traditional big pincurls for straight hair
4). twist out or braid out

These have all helped the front of my hair even out. I have not wrapped in over a year and my hair and tender scalp are grateful.

Stuff it into a satin bonnet :look:

Pros: quick, still as moist
Cons: not as straight

I used to do this too and loved it. :grin: But the bonnet I owned had the elastic on the perimeter which irritated my hair line. That also reminds me, I would just sleep on my (satin covered) pillow. I still do this for naps cuz Im too lazy to tie it up for a nap lol

I'm taking the hair and rolling it around my fingers and then I pincurl the rolled hair. It looks like an air roller is in there. I do this throught my head and wake up with tight curls in the morning that fall.

I have those pillow rollers, but sometimes they give me square curls which I don't have time for.

At the very least I take all my ends tuck them in a curl under and secure with a bobby pin. Then wrap with my scarf.

I'm still not happy with how my texlaxed hair turns out in the mornings. I almost always have to touch up a piece here or there. Which means...heat.

Last night I spritzed my hair with a little water(all over), applied Nexus headdress(leave in) concentrating on the ends. Applied a loose Scrunchie to make a ponytail making sure my ends are tucked under, while wrapping a silk scarf around the rest of my hair(again real loose). Well to my surprise , this morning when i took the scarf and ponytail off, it looked as if i had a braid out!!!! It was so shiny(oh yeah i forgot , i also applied a little coconut oil). I made a french roll in the back while leaving some out in the front. My hair looks like a curly perm. It is also very moisturized.

I don't do this yet, but plan to when my hair gets longer. Keisha8185 puts her hair up in a ponytail-like hold and then rolls the ends with a large magnetic roller to simulate the effects of a wrap.

Most of the time, I put on ORS OO (jar) and seal w/ Castor oil, put it in a french braid, pin the end up into the braid and put a satin cap on.

I have recently started pincurling at night instead of wrapping. For looser curls i only do about 5 big pincurls and for tighter curls I do more. In the morning a take the pincurls out and finger comb.I prefer to do my hair this way, way less manipulation.

1). cross wrap
2). my pin curl method for serious curls
3). 4-6 traditional big pincurls for straight hair
4). twist out or braid out

These have all helped the front of my hair even out. I have not wrapped in over a year and my hair and tender scalp are grateful.

What's this pincurl method you speak of? I loves me some serious curls! :grin:

Well I where my hair in a ponytail 90% of the time therefore I sleep with my hair in a pony and just tie it down with a satin scarf.

I cross wrap or do a mohawk rollerset when I am wearing my hair straight. When I am lazy I just grab my big satin scarf, comb my hair straight back, tie on the scarf and tuck the ends inside my satin pj's.

If I am not wearing my hair straight I put in a loose bun or ponytail and cover with a satin bonnet.

I either put in a bun using an elastic and a Good Hair Days hair pin, pincurl it, bantu knot it, braid it, or cross wrap it.

My methods have resulted in less breakage and shedding and hair that retains moisture better. Wrapping was just too much manipulation and tension on my hair. :nono: I stopped wrapping about 2 years ago and my hair is SO much thicker and healthier for it. :yep:

I rollerset my hair on magnetic rollers every night. I've been doing this since I was 13 so I am used to sleeping on them.

A quick detangle & ponytail w/ a baggie at the end (occasionally) or sometimes I just do 3 or 4 braids (both tied with a silk scarf).

If I am wearing braids/twists, I just wear it down and in a bonnet.

If my hair is loose, I put it into several braids and throw on a bonnet.

I have recently started pincurling at night instead of wrapping. For looser curls i only do about 5 big pincurls and for tighter curls I do more. In the morning a take the pincurls out and finger comb.I prefer to do my hair this way, way less manipulation.
This is what I've been doing the past year or so--if I wear my hair down or in a ponytail. :yep: I prefer loose pincurls and after securing each with a Good Hair Days pin, I tie my hair down with a silk or satin scarf.

I still haven't learned how to wrap my hair--maybe it's for the best.

Since I have been co washing for the past two months and not straightening, I part my hair in about 3 to 5 sections, moisturize them and make loose bantu knots which i secure with a bobby pins. I then cover up with a du-rag (regular scarfs always slide off my head). When I wear my hair straight, i do about 5 or 6 pincurls. I havent wrapped my hair in years.

Back