SPINOFF:Fave oil for RELAXED hair??

thinkpinkprincess

Relaxed Ladies, what are your favorite oils? So far I have used:

Jojoba
Avocado
Olive
Grapeseed

I think olive and avocado mihgt be my favorites. I felt that jojoba made my hair too greasy feeling and it didn't leave it soft enough :perplexed

Grapeseed oil has potential... I just got it yesterday so I haven't even had it long enough to know whether or not I like it :grin:

i'm playin around with diff oils (so many to choose!) and i'm feelin the abyssinian a lil bit... need to spike it with some plain oil castor oil and see what happens...

Extra virgin olive oil by Bertoli. Before I joined LHCF about 6weeks ago I never would have even tried this. But I did and what a difference is softness and moisture it has made on my hair. Thanks ladies!

I just tried coconut oil and wow! This stuff rocks! My hair is shiny, silky and soft. However, it seems like it may start to smell funny in a few days. Do people who use coconut oil have to wash more often than once a week?

Vatika Oil to seal. Most other oils leave my hair crunchy.

I like coconut oil to prepoo and I also like EVOO to add to deep conditioners.

I like Castor Oil, Bio Amla, an WGO

those are my faves... everything else just makes my hair greasy

Coconut Oil and EVOO for me. Mostly EVOO though because it makes my conditioners pop... I also can't stand the smell of coconut oil :nono:

I prefer jojoba for my scalp massages, coconut for pre-poo, olive or walnut oil mixed in conditioners, and castor oil to seal (makes my ends feel really soft)

Spectrum's Virgin Coconul Oil works for me. :yay:

I totally agree. Spectrum is great! It's very low odor, and leaves a nice natural lustre in the hair. I also use it in cooking, at least twice a week, since the body can digest it so easily. Its one of the best, most versatile oils available.! :drunk:

I use Amla Oil for preshampooing, and allmond oil for sealing deep conditioners. I mix it with Kemi Oyl for my scalp and seal my ends with Vatika Oil.

Favorite natural oil is:
Castor oil-used to seal in moisturizer and to condition my hair.

My Favorite oil products are:
Vatika- I use this mostly on my scalp
Ojon Restorative Treament- I use this as a daily leave-in treatment

EVOO added in my deep conditioners

Hot Six Oil for protecting my previously relaxed hair before touchups

EVCO for daily sealing :lick:

• Grapeseed (very light/great sealant)
  • Sunflower (ceramides)
  • Castor (incredible softness)
  • Macadamia Nut (non-greasy/fab in DCs)

I've got mine down pat:

Olive Oil (EVOO)- after shampooing when it is towel-dried, leaves it soooo soft

Sweet Almond - just bought a bottle from GNC....wonderful. Leaves it so soft and it is light

Coconut (EVCO) - a heavy oil with moisturizing properties. wonderful "cure" for ends

Castor Oil - another heavy oil when I want to bring out the "big guns" for my ends. Just a little and my ends behave.

Soft N Beautiful Botanicals Oil - my staple. Don't know why it has always worked so well for my hair because it does have a tad of mineral oil in the ingredient list, but it also has safflower and sunflower oil. Its smells so beautiful and is my "top oil" because it leaves shine and fragrance.

Shima Oil - Only really use it for the smell or if for some reason I only want a very light oil on my hair. I use it if I have a date...it smells intoxicating...like ginseng and roses.

Back