*Spinoff*: Design Essentials Regular vs. Design Essentials Mild-Which do you prefer?

Which Design Essentials relaxer do you like best?

• Design Essentials Regular Strength Relaxer

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Design Essentials Mild Strength Relaxer with Shea butter

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Design Essentials Sensitive Scalp Relaxer

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • I've never tried any Design Essentials relaxer brands

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Neither. I don't like the Design Essentials relaxer system

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Either relaxer has been good. Design Essentials is a good brand all-around

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Crystalicequeen123

Okay...this is a spinoff to my earlier post of whether or not I should switch from a Design Essentials mild relaxer to a Design Essentials regular strength relaxer.

I'm asking you ladies who have tried either BOTH the DE mild (with shea butter) or the DE regular strength relaxer. Which one do you prefer??

Or, if you have used either relaxer for a while and have gotten results (good OR bad), please put in your input! I'm trying to decide what to do. :)

Thanks! ;)

I would like to try this line, but what is up with how hard it is to get it???

I mean do they not want more business or what?

How DO you get ahold of this product anyways?

^^Well, my stylist uses it on my hair, that's the ONLY reason why I know about this relaxer. Otherwise, I wouldn't know where to buy the relaxers either. :( And I think you may have to be a licensed professional in order to get the relaxer line. But the products...I have seen their shampoos and conditioners in the salon I frequent.

This line must be pretty new. Maybe that's why not too many people have used the relaxer line/know how to get the products.

I CAN'T possibly be the ONLY person on this board who has had a relaxer with the DE line! Can I?? :look:

I have been using this relaxer for about 2 and a half years. I use the mild and I am happy with the results so far. I do not plan to change any time soon but I will add condish and olive oil for my next application.

Re: *Spinoff*: Design Essentials Regular vs. Design Essentials Mild-Which do you pre

My stylist used to use DE Regular on my hair, I loved that relaxer. For some reason she switched to Straight Request Power Smooth Shea Butter Relaxer, I like this relaxer also, but to me it is not as good as DE. I is very hard to find a stylist that uses this product line :ohwell:.

Re: *Spinoff*: Design Essentials Regular vs. Design Essentials Mild-Which do you pre

nikki1971 said:
My stylist used to use DE Regular on my hair, I loved that relaxer. For some reason she switched to Straight Request Power Smooth Shea Butter Relaxer, I like this relaxer also, but to me it is not as good as DE. I is very hard to find a stylist that uses this product line :ohwell:.

That's a shocker:eek: I thought a lot of stylists use this relaxer. I use it ony my clients (Regular) with no problems. I haven't tried the other versions though:perplexed

I've used the lye version once. I don't remember much about it so I don't think it was anything spectacular. It straighted okay, though.

For about 5 years, I used the DE Sensitive Scalp (no lye) relaxer due to my very sensitive scalp. It always straightened well and my hair reached my longest length ever when I used it (around the time I first started learning about how to really take care of my hair). But, as it grew out, my hair got duller and duller looking and became extremely hard to style on my own. So, I figured it was the no-lye since so many people had said this and I was actually starting to see it.

So, I've since switched back to using lye, but not by DE, though. I'd probably use the DE, but I don't know anyone in town who uses it. I think you're right that it's only available to licensed stylists. I never even seen it sold bootleg.

Not sure if that helps you any. But, just my 2 cents since I know a little something about it. I used to use the Stimulations conditioner which I thought was the bomb before I knew anything about KeraCare or Nexxus. Now, it's just okay.

DE is my fav relaxer. I've used both relaxer strengths & the results were so similar that I couldn't tell the difference. My hair was super straight both times...

Back