Spinoff - DECEMBER 2007 - What products have you GIVEN/THROWN AWAY or SOLD this week?

HoneyDew

We always have the What Have You Purchased This Week threads.

After reading artemis_e's thread about getting rid of stuff and after cleaning under my sink this weekend (on a very small tip of the iceberg :perplexed) I want to know what you guys are getting rid of.

I threw away:

-Motion's Foam Wrap mousse
-Longhairlovers Leave-in (that stuff was terrible! I think they don't even sell it anymore)
-Optimum Oil Therapy pomade (just nasty)
-Profectiv Oil Sheen (never used)
-that nasty Aphogee hardcore protein
-half used bottle of Nexxus Emergencee
-some sulfur powder (will never use that stuff)
-that stinky MTG hybrid SULU crap. Would never out that in my hair! :nono:

I gave away:

-2 bottles of Aphogee 2 min. Keratin to my mom.

I sold:
2 bottles of Surge on ebay.

Re: Spinoff - DECEMBER 2007 - What products have you GIVEN/THROWN AWAY or SOLD this w

products I gave away:

design essentials moisture retention shampoo and stimulations conditioner

mane n tail original conditioner

rysell tropical coconut conditioner

silicon mix

formulas by ecoly weightless detangler

keracare moisturizing conditioner for color treated hair

praital silk worm moisturizing cream

la bomba leave in

ors creamy aloe shampoo

creme of nature conditioning shampoo

aphogee treatment for damaged hair

kenra platinum smoothing creme

Re: Spinoff - DECEMBER 2007 - What products have you GIVEN/THROWN AWAY or SOLD this w

I gave away

two bottles of red cream of nature
3 bottle of Vo5 conditioner
Pantene breakage defense shampoo

We always have the What Have You Purchased This Week threads.

After reading artemis_e's thread about getting rid of stuff and after cleaning under my sink this weekend (on a very small tip of the iceberg :perplexed) I want to know what you guys are getting rid of.

I threw away:

-Motion's Foam Wrap mousse
-Longhairlovers Leave-in (that stuff was terrible! I think they don't even sell it anymore)
-Optimum Oil Therapy pomade (just nasty)
-Profectiv Oil Sheen (never used)
-that nasty Aphogee hardcore protein
-half used bottle of Nexxus Emergencee
-some sulfur powder (will never use that stuff)
-that stinky MTG hybrid SULU crap. Would never out that in my hair! :nono:

I gave away:

-2 bottles of Aphogee 2 min. Keratin to my mom.

I sold:
2 bottles of Surge on ebay.

The Aussie Moisturizing DC. I had just finished it. It was really good, and it smelled like apples. :lick: I'll probably get some more when I am done with all of my other DCers.

I am throwing out:

Lady Fior Avocado Leave in: bought last summer and didn't look closely enough to see it had formaldehyde:nono:. i only used it twice.
Aubrey Organics honeysuckle rose poo: Like another member this one is going to clean my toilet and tub!

Going to give away to mama:
BB Growth Lotion
Keracare Wrap/set lotion
BB glosser

THREW AWAY--Fantasia ic Gel--was all lumpy-clumpy

GAVE AWAY-- Elasta Mango Butter, Elasta Oil Sheen Spray, S-Curl Moisturizer-all to my daughter's product tote (she's 5 but they are now for her)

GAVE AWAY-- Elasta Mango Butter, Elasta Oil Sheen Spray, S-Curl Moisturizer-all to my daughter's product tote (she's 5 but they are now for her)

so cute! :grin: My 7 year old niece has know how to oil her scalp and moisturize her hair since she 5. It is so cute watching her do it, too.

TRASHED ALL OF IT:
S-curl spray
1/2 used bottles of Suave conditioners
Motions pomade(it looks kinda glittery)
Motions foaming lotion
Isoplus oil sheen
MTG in a smaller bottle
Bantu relaxer
Light Pink lotion
vo5 conditioner (balsam)

Thanks to the LHCF Detroit Meet up I no longer have:

Sample Packets of Sunsilk Hydra TLC Poo & Conditioner
Surge Ultra Max
1/4 Bottle of MTG
Shower Comb

I threw away:

Beeswax hair pomade
nioxin follicle booster
surge ultra max
vatika creme shampoo
motions wrap lotion
aussie detangling spray
ors shea butter lotion
wheat germ hair rinse
wheat germ shampoo

To force myself to be serious about my hair care, I threw ALL of my shampoo away :lol:

Since I have started to do the co-washes with conditioner, having the shampoo is too much temptation :evilbanana:

I threw away:
-Sulfur 8 grease
-Care Free Curl Instant Moisturizer with Glycerin

I gave away:
- 2 new bottles of Nature's Bounty Hair, Skin, Nail vitamins. I just wasn't consistent enough with taking them

I haven't thrown or gave anything away recently.

Umm...I haven't thrown away anything but I will be glad to take some of these things off your hands LHCFers. Just pass them on to me :look: !

Umm...I haven't thrown away anything but I will be glad to take some of these things off your hands LHCFers. Just pass them on to me :look: !
I was thinking the same thing.

threw away:got2b curlvacious conditioner

gave away:silk elements poo/con

Um, I threw away a basketfull of hair products because I'm moving soon and I can't have my future husband thinking I'm crazy! I had some products that you guys wouldn't have wanted though. I hoard hair products and it's really going to stop now.

I threw away about 6 almost empty Conditioners, 3 almost empty Shampoos, some various oil sheens that made my scalp itch, some greases that didn't work or clogged pores and some straightening serums that just dried my hair out and didn't work. Oh and I combined some leave in conditioners and sprays, cause having 5 half empty bottles made no sense. :yep:

My hair product closet looks halfway decent and presentable now.

Um, I threw away a basketfull of hair products because I'm moving soon and I can't have my future husband thinking I'm crazy! I had some products that you guys wouldn't have wanted though. I hoard hair products and it's really going to stop now.

I threw away about 6 almost empty Conditioners, 3 almost empty Shampoos, some various oil sheens that made my scalp itch, some greases that didn't work or clogged pores and some straightening serums that just dried my hair out and didn't work. Oh and I combined some leave in conditioners and sprays, cause having 5 half empty bottles made no sense. :yep:

My hair product closet looks halfway decent and presentable now.

:lachen::lachen: Girl I think about that all the time!! If others saw what I got going on they would think I am NUTS!

I have already told my BF, mom and sister to NEVER buy shampoo and conditioner - just come to my house!

Gave away:

Bio Silk
Flat Iron
Aveda Damage Remedy Shampoo
Pantene Relaxed and Natural Mask
Ojon Restorative Treatment

I sold
Avocado Mist

I gave away
CON Shampoo
ORS Olive Oil setting foam
John Frieda's frizz eaze
Avo'coco moisturizer (I love this product, Candy's line, she sent it with my cream and my bff wouldn't leave me alone about it)
Nexxus Keraphix leave in
Nexxus Sleektress shampoo
NTM serum
Aphogee 2 mintue reconstructor
ORS Hair Mayo (sample size)
Kids Organics Shae Butter Detangler
BB grease

Sticking with ayurveda

ALERT!

BEFORE ANYONE GIVES AWAY OR THROWS AWAY QHEMET BIOLOGICS PRODUCTS -PLEASE PM ME!!

I always have space in my house for her stuff!!

I recently stopped giving away products because I realized down the line, I would need the products and go purchase them again.

PLUS, being a recovering PJ :grin:, i've learned there are A LOT of good products out there that mostly work in the same way so I really don't need to keep cluttering my closet with the latest LHCF craze. MY REMEDY? I am patiently using everything up. I believe each of my NUMEROUS products has a purpose for my hair & when my hair needs something different, I have that something right in front of me.

EXAMPLE: When I first got the Afro Detangler, my relaxed hair didnt care too much for it. I kept forgeting to sell it AND NOW I'M GLAD. B/c now i'm 4months past due and that Detangler has tamed my NG, stops breakage from the 2 textures, and is one of the few things right now that moisturizes my crazy hair. :yep: When i'm done stretching, I'll put my detangler away, and shop in my closet for that "something different"

Last edited:

I am giving away:

Miss Jessie's Baby Buttercream
Queen Helene Garlic Shampoo
Black Cocoa Butter
Mochacchino Butter
Motions Nourish Leave In

Using for bathroom cleaning mixture:
Creme of Nature shampoo(red writting)

Gave away:
Fermodyl 619 leave-in

I'm giving my younger sister:

2 bottles of Suave Milk&HOney conditioner
ORS Hair Mayo
Elasta QP Mango Butter

Last edited:

Nexxus Humectress - I always think I am rid of it but still I find more!!
Nexxus Botanoil
Nexxus Sleektress poo
Deep Brilliance Hydrating shampoo
Pantene Hydrating Curls con
Redken All Soft samples
Blended Beauty Happy Nappy Styles
Motions Hairdress
V05 Strawberries & Cream con

I gave all of this away. There were some other things, too.
I have a lot more stuff that I will be adding to this thread :yep:
I have a lot of products that I have never used and I have been giving those to the church. I had asked the lady who handles all that what are some of things people need but are never donated. Hair and body care were two of the things she mentioned. So...

the Aphogee hard core damage treatment

some doo gro stuff samples

some other random conditioner samples

loaned CON shampoo to a family member and didn't get it back!

Back