Spin off: Relaxed Daily Hair Washers

ms_kenesha

Those that wash their hair everyday what do you do to style it, esp. now that it's getting colder?

And when you say wash is this with shampoo or a conditioner wash, because I wouldn't advise anyone to wash with shampoo everyday *too drying*.

When I wash daily (which is with conditioner) I usually do a braidout or twistout. If I want a straighter look I will put in 2 ponys and then criss cross them like armyqt suggested. This gives me a straight look without heat. Occasionally I rollerset my hair, but I hate doing this so much that it's few and far between.

Ms_J, that's exactly why I cut down on my washes because sometimes I LOATHE rollersetting *too lazy*. But if I'm feeling too lazy to rollerset I'm not going to feel like doing flat twists either and because my hair is not very long right now, the pony tail method of drying would leave me with straight but dumb looking non-styled hair /images/graemlins/antlers.gif

I understand that. I wish I could have made a better suggestion. I too get tired of the same old thing. I was just thinking dang I'm sick of this braidout! The only other thing I really like doing with great results is airdrying with the ponytail criss cross thingie and then using my caruso rollers to make it look like a rollerset do. That really works. Sometimes I also sleep in rollers which may not be your thing if you don't like the feel of them while you're sleeping. I hope you find something that works for you. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I put my hair in a pnytail adn put ona fall. Though I must admit I am getting tired of them.

No prob. I like doing the wash and go's with tracy's method, but it's too cold to do that now. So I guess for the winter I'll be a once a week or at the most two times a week washer. I just really like con-washing at least every other day I think it contributed to my fast growth.

I'll think of something /images/graemlins/spinning.gif

I am so glad you posted this question!! This has been on my mind for days!! I want to condition my hair more lately, and actually want to do it tonight. My dilemma? How do I style it?

I haven't done it in awhile but when I do I wash with Creme of Nature and let my hair airdry before putting it in a very loose bun. I also apply Nexxus Humectress from root to ends before doing so. If I wear it down I dress it up with different headbands or scarves.

Hey MsKenesha!

I don't have relaxed hair anymore, but it surprises me how some think that more frequent washes for relaxed hair equals more growth. I always believed that washing relaxed hair especially 4b dry type like my own would be counterproductive. I could only imagine relaxed 4b girls who even just conwash their hair everyday or more than once a week just thinking they have more newgrowth just because their roots are frizzing and just appearing to be newgrowth when in actuality their growth rate remains the same.

Is your hair really as moisturized as it would be if you were to wash just once a week or is your scalp naturally oily and you have to wash that often?

I am really intrigued by this subject because I remember black girls in college who hang out with white girls and who wanted to fit in so they would wash their hair as often as the white girls and sure enough, if they had dry 4b hair like my own, their hair would be in poor condition before the semester could end. They would have short, split-end ridden hair that lacked luster and then they would also mistakenly get relaxers too soon because their overdried frizzy roots would mimic newgrowth and the cycle of hair abuse would continue.

Now that I no longer relax my hair, I wash it when I feel like it and I can understand the joy of lathering up often. So is that what prompts you to wash frequently, do you do it just because you can? /images/graemlins/spinning.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ms_kenesha said:
Those that wash their hair everyday what do you do to style it, esp. now that it's getting colder?

And when you say wash is this with shampoo or a conditioner wash, because I wouldn't advise anyone to wash with shampoo everyday *too drying*.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I wash my hair, it's always with shampoo. Even if I wash it everyday and my hair isn't at all dry. I don't use a handful of shampoo to wash my hair. Probably smaller than the size of a quarter and I usually leave it on for a minute and then rinse. I use Dabur Vatika Henna Cream Conditioning shampoo and it's really moisturizing for my hair. I always follow with a lot of conditioner and a deep conditioner, as well.

I don't like to use heat on my hair, so I put it up in a bun. Right now I'm doing the baggie method so after washing my hair, I spirtz it with a lot of rosewater and then apply Salerm 21 and detangle. I then put my hair in a ponytail, apply a little Panetne Daily Moisture Renweal and wrap my hair in a tight knot. I then add a baggie on top of the knot for a protective style.

If I'm going outdoors, I put my hair in a bun with my whirl-a-style.

I often wash every day (either with shampoo, or just a conditioner).

In the winter, I wash my hair at night. I try to do it as early in the evening as possible (usually after I work out) so that it can dry completely by morning.

If I'm going to wear a bun the next day, I dry using a single ponytail.

If I want to wear my hair down, I wrap it while it's wet, and then I comb out the wrap in the morning. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back