Spin-off: Protecting your relationship... does it apply when....?

Caramela

You tell your spouse when someone hit on you and he tells you when someone hits on him. But what happens when either you or your SO finds yourself attracted to someone of the opposite sex. Do you tell your spouse or do you keep that inside? (not saying that you act on it or anything..) EX: you think a coworker, or someone at the gas station attractive or you develop a little crush and you might smile at this person or give them a little extra conversation... do you share this with your spouse?

I'm just thinking it might be real easy to tell on someone else... but can you tell on yourself? :giggle: :look:

Not necessary.

We are pretty open and honest and usually comment about celebrities but going on and on about real life people is something that we just don't do.

I also think it is disrespectful and tacky for married people to flirt :ohwell:

Like radianthealth said, there's nothing wrong with talking about celebrities per se. (Hubby knows I love me some David Tennant- Lord only knows why. lol)
But people we see in our daily life? NO. I don't even look at people like that. I mean, I or DH can say, "That chick's hair is pretty" or, "I like that dress she's wearing" and I wouldn't blink and neither would he. But then again, we're completely secure in our marriage. I tell him if someone flirted with me or vice versa. But neither of us forms attachments with people that we could/would be physically attracted to.

We married each other. I didn't marry DH so I could meet other men. lol

If it were to happen, I'd tell him though. *shrugs* That's how our relationship is. Plus, it takes a whole lot for me to be jealous, I'm learning (I'm starting to think that I should at least have a LITTLE healthy jealousy going on. lol).
And if he were to talk too much about some chick he met randomly at work, I'd remind him why he married me... lol I'd stop all that nonsense quick! lol

Back