Spending limits?--Please respond

Do you have spending limiit when it comes to gifts for your SO?

• Yes

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

karezone

Do you have a limit on how much you can spend on your SO? If so do they know about? Do you tell them when you pass your limit? Does the limit reflect how you feel about them?

If you vote yes, please post the amount.

Last edited:
It's more of a general spending limit though (I voted yes). There's only so much money I have to spend on extras per month. The limit is "the amount of money I'd have left over after buying my food that month" :P Otherwise I just buy whatever. :P

No I dont have a limit on how much I spend on him. I need too though. I need to have a limit on how much I spend on myself too...lol:drunk:

I generally just buy for him as I would me. If I find something nice thats reasonable I pick it up.

I don't have a limit to the point where I say "I will only spend x amount of dollars whenever I buy him something" I mean if I only have $100 on me, I'm not going to spend all of it on him, so that would be the only limitation...spending what I can afford...whether it's $50 or $500.

When I was buying for my SO (now DH) I didn't have a limit, but I would not overextend myself either. Gifts I gave during that time were shoes, a watch, gold chain on either his b-day or Christmas. Don't go beyond what you can afford.

It depends on the occasion....for anniversaries and other occasions where we exchange gifts, we have to set a limit. My fiance' has a bad habit of going WAAAY overboard in everything he does so it is an absolute necessity to set a limit with him. For birthdays and random gifts we set no limit...We try not to be too over the top though, because we have a lot of stuff going on in our lives and desperately need to save as much money as possible...

Back