Speedy Growth Transitioners Month 3 Updates (plz Check In.....)

Nanyanika

Hello challengers...I haven't been on the forum for a while so fill me in....how has everyone getting on with their growth progress? Does anyone have any newgrowth pics yet?... Are you all still using your growth regime/products?..i'm currently using mtg once to twice a week, i've noticed at least an inch of growth within 4 weeks of using this stuff and wearing extensions..however, i have lapsed in my daily vitamin intake,,,i will resume when imore settled. Anyway over to you guys.

i wanna join...can s/one please post the link fo the original thread so i can check out what i have to do and stuff?

angelk316 said:
I just BC'ed I am 100% natural!!! I also braided up my hair and going to leave it alone for a long time.
Congrats!! on the BC, i hope you continue with the challenge, your hair will flourish so much, i'm also braiding and my hair is doing so well.

I'm checkin in! I think I got about 1/2 inch to 3/4 inches in some spots. I've been good about taking my vitamins (Multi, biotin, gluc/msm, flaxseed). I've also been alternating between using a sulfur spray and herbal infused jojoba oil everynight and I'm still conditioner washing everyday. I've slowed down w/deep conditioning every other wash because I don't have as much time but i'm trying to do it at least once a week. I'm happy with the growth, I'm still not buying any MTG. I got new pics too :D

nurseN98 said:
I'm checkin in! I think I got about 1/2 inch to 3/4 inches in some spots. I've been good about taking my vitamins (Multi, biotin, gluc/msm, flaxseed). I've also been alternating between using a sulfur spray and herbal infused jojoba oil everynight and I'm still conditioner washing everyday. I've slowed down w/deep conditioning every other wash because I don't have as much time but i'm trying to do it at least once a week. I'm happy with the growth, I'm still not buying any MTG. I got new pics too :D
OMG, your hair has grown super fast since May. What do you think contributed to all this growth? Thanks for sharing your pics

den1 said:
OMG, your hair has grown super fast since May. What do you think contributed to all this growth? Thanks for sharing your pics

I think the herbal jojoba oil helped a lot. I made my own infusion and put all the good stuff in it. I've only been using the sulfur for the past couple of weeks but I may mix it in with the jojoba and see how that works out.

BTW, you cut 5 inches and had all that hair left :eek: I don't think i realized how long your hair was...lol. It looks great!

nurseN98 said:
I think the herbal jojoba oil helped a lot. I made my own infusion and put all the good stuff in it. I've only been using the sulfur for the past couple of weeks but I may mix it in with the jojoba and see how that works out.

BTW, you cut 5 inches and had all that hair left :eek: I don't think i realized how long your hair was...lol. It looks great!
Tell me what herbal stuff do you add to the jojoba oil, do you massage into the scalp area. i don't think you ned mtg with all the wonderful groweth your getting lol. Thanks for the complimenmt, my hair was close to waistlength, before the cut, i don't wear my texturized hair straight so nobody would have seen my true length. My hair is currently longer than the pic in my signature, but I don't think i'll cut anymore off till december.

hey den I was checking your album your my inspiration!!! where do you get rosewater and dionized water and glycerin from?

den1 said:
Hello challengers...I haven't been on the forum for a while so fill me in....how has everyone getting on with their growth progress? Does anyone have any newgrowth pics yet?... Are you all still using your growth regime/products?..i'm currently using mtg once to twice a week, i've noticed at least an inch of growth within 4 weeks of using this stuff and wearing extensions..however, i have lapsed in my daily vitamin intake,,,i will resume when imore settled. Anyway over to you guys.
wow, its already been three months!?!??!

well, i guess im gonna be the slacker member of the club, cuz i just do not pay attention!

i put kinky twists in my hair on may 30th and theyre still in....theyre loose though, i dont know if thats new growth, or me scratchin it all the livelong day....im not really keeping up with my regimen, but it doesnt feel too dry...

ive washed it once, i put it in about 10 big braids and just stuck my head under the shower...that felt GREAT! then i did an ACV, i washed with heavily diluted kenra moisturizing shampoo, then i did the ACV again and let it air dry....i'll do that again next week....

ive been redoing them little by little, cuz the back of my head likes to hug up on each other like im tryin to loc! so i take out a few, finger comb it and remove any buildup (there really isnt any) and put the braid back in....

im SUPPOSED to be spritzing with my rosemary mix and moisturizing everyday....im lazy and inconsistent, so that hasnt worked out....but im gonna go do it now!!!

oh and when my hair was still wet i sprayed my aphogee reconstructor on...i like that stuff, i really feel like its working! :D

oh, i forgot to add i gave myself a healthy trim before i braided it....probably an inch and a half all around....

angelk316 said:
hey den I was checking your album your my inspiration!!! where do you get rosewater and dionized water and glycerin from?
I bought my glyCerin and de-ionized water from my local BSS and the rosewater from Tesco's supermarket. These are such a moisturizing combination. Thanks for the compilment angelk316.

Shatani said:
wow, its already been three months!?!??!

well, i guess im gonna be the slacker member of the club, cuz i just do not pay attention!

i put kinky twists in my hair on may 30th and theyre still in....theyre loose though, i dont know if thats new growth, or me scratchin it all the livelong day....im not really keeping up with my regimen, but it doesnt feel too dry...

ive washed it once, i put it in about 10 big braids and just stuck my head under the shower...that felt GREAT! then i did an ACV, i washed with heavily diluted kenra moisturizing shampoo, then i did the ACV again and let it air dry....i'll do that again next week....

ive been redoing them little by little, cuz the back of my head likes to hug up on each other like im tryin to loc! so i take out a few, finger comb it and remove any buildup (there really isnt any) and put the braid back in....

im SUPPOSED to be spritzing with my rosemary mix and moisturizing everyday....im lazy and inconsistent, so that hasnt worked out....but im gonna go do it now!!!

oh and when my hair was still wet i sprayed my aphogee reconstructor on...i like that stuff, i really feel like its working! :D
Yep three months already!! time waits on NO MAN lol
I've been slacking a bit too, sometimes i don't bother the moisturise my exstensions, however they're still not that dry because i shampoo and condition with braid spray once a week. I also need to remove my nape area braids, my hair is a softer/silikier texture at the back and it absolutely loves to matte, but first i've gotta find someone who can put them back in for me. How long have you been using aphogee reconstructor? Do you find it quite strengthening on your hair?

ive been using it since the day i started to put in my extensions....it feels like its strengthening my hair, but really what do i know!??! :lol:

Shatani said:
ive been using it since the day i started to put in my extensions....it feels like its strengthening my hair, but really what do i know!??! :lol:
Your so funny lol!!! When you remove exstentions you'll have a better idea of how it has/not benefited your hair, i've used this product before so i know it really does strengthen. i had to stop using it because my hair was becoming too thick/coarse and a little dry, i may have been over-using it daily.

den1 said:
Tell me what herbal stuff do you add to the jojoba oil, do you massage into the scalp area. i don't think you ned mtg with all the wonderful groweth your getting lol. Thanks for the complimenmt, my hair was close to waistlength, before the cut, i don't wear my texturized hair straight so nobody would have seen my true length. My hair is currently longer than the pic in my signature, but I don't think i'll cut anymore off till december.

I put a bit of rosemary, chamomile & horsetail. At the end I add a couple drops of sage & vit. E to preserve and some patchouli so I don't smell as much like a salad when I go to sleep but when I usually CW in the morning.

I must say that you ladies are making me jealous!!! Den! if I could only have HALF of your haair growth I would be soooooo happy!!! I just don't want to try the MTG. Nurse98 your hair is looking fantastic and that is a whole lot of growth in one month! What is your sulphur spray that you use it your hair. I won't mind trying it. Oh, and my big announcement is ...... I AM NOW TEXTURIZED! This is after having my hair in braids for 5 years straight. Absolutely not breaks in between. I am just worried about how to care for my hair now, because I don't know how to care for my natural hair. I only know how to maintain my hair in braids. Any advice will be appreciated- especially on caring for the ends of my hair. Thank you, and good growing to all!!!!

OnPoint said:
I must say that you ladies are making me jealous!!! Den! if I could only have HALF of your haair growth I would be soooooo happy!!! I just don't want to try the MTG. Nurse98 your hair is looking fantastic and that is a whole lot of growth in one month! What is your sulphur spray that you use it your hair. I won't mind trying it. Oh, and my big announcement is ...... I AM NOW TEXTURIZED! This is after having my hair in braids for 5 years straight. Absolutely not breaks in between. I am just worried about how to care for my hair now, because I don't know how to care for my natural hair. I only know how to maintain my hair in braids. Any advice will be appreciated- especially on caring for the ends of my hair. Thank you, and good growing to all!!!!
Hey onpoint congrats on having texturized hair, how do you like your new texture? have you tried using surge or adding vitamins to your regime? I can only really advise on what i do to my hair, i never comb my hsair dry its always saturated/dampened with a detangler first, and sectioned. If i want to keep the ends protected and moist i opt for the baggie method, jojoba oil WGHO are good. the best moisturisers i've ever used are profetic roothealth, Organics carrot oil cream, shea butter, cocoabutter, s-curl activator and sta-sof-fro. Cws are very good at keeping the moisture in the hair, my favourite brand are V05 herbals. Always use wide-tooth comb and less manipulation means more in the long run.

Checking in... I am still doing the same stuff as the last time. I'm not getting as much protein in my diet though since I'm kinda dieting and trying to limit my calories (I am eating healthier though...so I guess that's a good thing).... I am still getting quite a bit of exercise and trying to take my vitamins. It seems the coils in my hair are getting smaller in some places :-/. Not sure what that's about...but my hair is what it is....right?

Hmmm... at about 7 months since my last touchup, it seems like my natural hair is between 2 and 3 inches long ...depending upone where i measure... so its within the limits of normal. I think I want to increase my protein consumption again. :)

Back