Speedy Growth Regimen

Miss AJ

I plan to start this as soon as my Mega Tek gets here on Monday, if you think I should add or subtract something please feel free to leave any suggestions:

1. Co-wash 6 days a week (Suave Clarifying/HE Totally Twisted or Suave Humectant
2. Apply MT to scalp after co-washing, massage in for 5 minutes, moisturize with Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Conditioner and seal with extra virgin coconut oil. Daily style will be a shrunken TWA until my hair gets longer.
3. Scalp massage nightly for 10 minutes with sulfur oil.
4. Shampoo/Deep condition once a week with shower cap for 2 hours alternating between these DCs each week: ORS Mayo, Lustrasilk Herbal Carrot Cholesterol, ORS Replenishing Conditioner, Queen Helene Cholesterol
5. Clarify as needed with ORS Creamy Aloe shampoo.

I would recommend you NOT use suave clarifying ever week. It can be very drying. So is sulfur oil is there anything else you have that you can massage with?

Last edited:
The suave clarifying conditioner is drying?

I haven't used it in years...but the last time I did use it (way before hair boards) I threw it away after one use. My hair felt hard and dry...I thought it would cut my hand.

I haven't used it in years...but the last time I did use it (way before hair boards) I threw it away after one use. My hair felt hard and dry...I thought it would cut my hand.

Lol, it doesn't make my hair feel like that but i use it as the washing conditioner and then either the humectant or totally twisted as the moisturizing conditioner.

The suave clarifying conditioner is drying?

It was for me...you don't need to use anything clarifying 6 days a week anyway. You will strip your hair. Also, I don't know from experience but, I heard mega tek is very high in protein and all of your DC's seem to be proteins as well. You may want to add more moisturising things to your reggie.

Last edited:
I'd say use Aussie Moist shampoo or V05 Moisture Milks shampoo instead. They're really moisturizing, but will still clarify your hair.

Alternatively, if you want to spend the extra time and money I'd suggest going to a health food store and buying a natural shampoo their or using a Ayurvedic shampoo bar. They're better for your hair because they provide essential nutrients and moisturize. HTH!

It was for me...you don't need to use anything clarifying 6 days a week anyway. You will strip your hair. Also, I don't know from experience but, I heard mega tek is very high in protein and all of your DC's seem to be proteins as well. You may want to add more moisturising things to your reggie.

I've got 2 protein and 2 moisture, unless I'm wrong about cholesterols being moisture.

I used Megatek last year and I kept it pretty simple

1. Co-washed at night with Suave coconut conditioner. Applied MT with my fingers to my scalp area only. I made sure to part my hair to cover all sections of my pumpkin head.

2. Massaged for about 60 seconds. My head tingled like crazy with MT. I noticed that if I massaged too much I'd get a headache.

3. In the morning I'd rinse my hair and co-wash again. I'd style as usual (gel or butters). Sometimes if I was pressed for time I'd co-wash every other day.

I didn't clarify as often and the MT didn't make my hair feel like it had build-up. I did this for 2 months and got an inch of growth a month. I then got lazy and stopped.

Sounds good, OP. I can rep the V05 clarifying conditioners. Not drying at all and on sale at CVS right now. I like the tea therapy clarifying conditioner the best. Good luck!! :wiggle: How long will you be doing it for? Don't forget to take before and after pics, even if just for you. So you will clearly be able to see your growth.

Oh, and I would recommend adding a sealing oil to your ends after cowash. I use amla oil mixed with castor and it really helps to keep the moisture in.

AJ if the Suave works for you, stick w/ it. It's a good choice for co washing for many reasons, esp. the price. You shampoo/clarify, so you won't have probs there.

As for your sulphur oil, do you use it neat or mixed into something as your massage. I might mix it in another oil, BUT if it works for you, stick w/ it.

Pay close attention on how everything interacts w/ the MTG and delete from there.

I used Megatek last year and I kept it pretty simple

1. Co-washed at night with Suave coconut conditioner. Applied MT with my fingers to my scalp area only. I made sure to part my hair to cover all sections of my pumpkin head.

2. Massaged for about 60 seconds. My head tingled like crazy with MT. I noticed that if I massaged too much I'd get a headache.

3. In the morning I'd rinse my hair and co-wash again. I'd style as usual (gel or butters). Sometimes if I was pressed for time I'd co-wash every other day.

I didn't clarify as often and the MT didn't make my hair feel like it had build-up. I did this for 2 months and got an inch of growth a month. I then got lazy and stopped.

I think I made that mistake today. I massaged my broken off area for 2 minutes and then my whole head for 1, and now i have a slight headache and all the tension is in the broken off area that got the most massaging. The moral of this story is 1 minute of massaging my MT mix on my whole head is enough.

Back