Speed dating

nappystorm

Have you ever tried it? Do you want to try it? Know anyone who has tried it. What we thinking?

I am thinking about trying this really soon. The new guy I am dating is a little :rolleyes:. And it's something I have never done before. Seems interesting.

You know, I say it never hurts to try something once!

I did it years ago and ended up dating my first "person" for four months. Then I went to future speed dating events and never got any matches. So I'm not really into it anymore.

When I did go, it was fun and something different and I enjoyed doing it once or twice. No one I know, however, has made a lasting connection from it, but hey, I think it would be good to get your mind off this one dude!

Have fun!

I have this same question to. I want to try it to once I get back in the swing of things.

Do anyone have any suggesting?

Is it best to go alone, or with friends?

I own a Speed Dating company in Atlanta... I think it is fun a way meet multiple men. Have a few minute conversation to know if you want to talk more... I can answer any questions you have..

I did it. I didn't meet anyone, but it was fun. And funny. And made for funny stories. :) I might not be the one to ask the *right* way to do it, though. Though just my opinion better to go with friends.

I've done it. Never made any matches. :( If anything, it's a fun way of meeting new people. :yep:

However, one of my friends met her fiance at a speed dating event, so all things are possible.

I did it. I didn't meet anyone, but it was fun. And funny. And made for funny stories. :) I might not be the one to ask the *right* way to do it, though. Though just my opinion better to go with friends.

I thought it would be best to go alone, but maybe if you're comfortable it's best to bring someone.

I've done it. Never made any matches. :( If anything, it's a fun way of meeting new people. :yep:

However, one of my friends met her fiance at a speed dating event, so all things are possible.

Can you meet up with someone that same day, or you have to wait a day or two later?

I thought it would be best to go alone, but maybe if you're comfortable it's best to bring someone.

Can you meet up with someone that same day, or you have to wait a day or two later?

Here's my opinion on the both. You can bring a friend, but it's possible that they guy you've been eyeing says "no" to you and "yes" to your friend, which is awkward. Of course, he could also say "yes" to the both of you - and then a "discussion" ensues about who's gonna go out with him. Again, awkward. :ohwell:

To the second question.... The one I went to was speed dating and then like a happy hour afterwards. My friends both made a mutual match with each other, but after speed dating, they just took it over to the bar and started talking. Before the night was over they exchanged numbers and it's been history ever since. Usually, though, the organizers will email you the the results and contact information of any mutual matches (you both marked "yes" to each other) within a day or two.

Back