Speaking of Drinking Your Way to Beautiful Hair...

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Have any of you beauties heard of this tea from The Republic of Tea? It looks interesting and as a tea buff I know that ROT makes some of the very best tasting and quality teas.

p40847O.jpg

Description:

No bones about it: strength is beautiful. From lustrous locks to oh-so-gorgeous nails, growth and strength come from what you eat - and drink. So when it's tea time, consider this caffeine-free herbal blend, based on healthpromoting organic rooibos. A luscious little beauty treatment - the kind that works from the inside out. This natural blend with horsetail, oatstraw, nettles and silica, delivers minerals for body and bones we don't always get in our diets. Add the assertive flavors of Guatemalan black limon and peppermint, and we're talking about one very attractive brew. Sip it and look forward to more good hair days.

Ingredients: Organic Rooibos (leaf), Peppermint (leaf), Horsetail (aerial parts), Stinging Nettle (aerial parts), Oatstraw, Black Limon.

Certified Kosher

Oh, I recognize a lot of those names - hrmmm, I could definitely see it. I'll have to see what it tastes like to see if it's worth it.

Have any of you beauties heard of this tea from The Republic of Tea? It looks interesting and as a tea buff I know that ROT makes some of the very best tasting and quality teas.

p40847O.jpg

Description:

No bones about it: strength is beautiful. From lustrous locks to oh-so-gorgeous nails, growth and strength come from what you eat - and drink. So when it's tea time, consider this caffeine-free herbal blend, based on healthpromoting organic rooibos. A luscious little beauty treatment - the kind that works from the inside out. This natural blend with horsetail, oatstraw, nettles and silica, delivers minerals for body and bones we don't always get in our diets. Add the assertive flavors of Guatemalan black limon and peppermint, and we're talking about one very attractive brew. Sip it and look forward to more good hair days.

Ingredients: Organic Rooibos (leaf), Peppermint (leaf), Horsetail (aerial parts), Stinging Nettle (aerial parts), Oatstraw, Black Limon.

Certified Kosher

I'd love to get my hands on that, great ingredients!!

i bumped a thread last night entitled horsetail tea or something similar to that, it was really old, like 2004 or so...but many talked about drinking it and reaping benefits, they also threw in nettles...no one really replied, many of them already had mixes similar to ROT's, so i'm sure it's beneficial. i remember a few of them using the tea in their hair, also...

Supergirl, drinking your way to long and lush hair may be the next big thing, huh?...

i also bumped the super hair thick shake thread...that seemed to be hot a few years ago, too...

As one who practices Chinese Tea Ceremony (and studied under a Tea Master) and drinks tea only straight from farmers in China (who have relationships with said Tea Master) Republic of Tea...is not that great. :ohwell:

This however, looks very interesting!! Thanks for posting. I think I would make this up myself in large, cheap batches that I knew were totally fresh and that I was getting the very best herbs and parts of the plant.

Supergirl, if you love tea, hit up your local Asiantown (hate that word) for any certified tea master. It's worth learning the art of tea from the people who invented it if you're a true tea fanatic. :yep: Otherwise, PM me -I'd love to share what I've learned. It's great to see a fellow tea lover!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE tea!! :grin:

As one who practices Chinese Tea Ceremony (and studied under a Tea Master) and drinks tea only straight from farmers in China (who have relationships with said Tea Master) Republic of Tea...is not that great. :ohwell:

This however, looks very interesting!! Thanks for posting. I think I would make this up myself in large, cheap batches that I knew were totally fresh and that I was getting the very best herbs and parts of the plant.

Supergirl, if you love tea, hit up your local Asiantown (hate that word) for any certified tea master. It's worth learning the art of tea from the people who invented it if you're a true tea fanatic. :yep: Otherwise, PM me -I'd love to share what I've learned. It's great to see a fellow tea lover!

Oh, that's a fabulous point! Your own fresh tea, made with the same ingredients would be cheaper - and fuller tasting - than the packaged stuff. Thanks for suggesting that, LGL!

I wish we had a ChinaTown in Memphis. *sigh*

It makes sense that this should work. I take horsetail daily in pill form (ne member said this is the only thing that made her hair grow faster) and I know of plenty of hair products (including growth aides) that contain nettle.

i bumped a thread last night entitled horsetail tea or something similar to that, it was really old, like 2004 or so...but many talked about drinking it and reaping benefits, they also threw in nettles...no one really replied, many of them already had mixes similar to ROT's, so i'm sure it's beneficial. i remember a few of them using the tea in their hair, also...

Supergirl, drinking your way to long and lush hair may be the next big thing, huh?...

i also bumped the super hair thick shake thread...that seemed to be hot a few years ago, too...

Okay, I did the superhair thick shake way back when and it did not agree with my stomach--you talk about uncomforable! --serious stomach pain. :nono:

Wow, I've never even thought about something like that. Thanks for the idea. I would SO love that! So, do they do like tea classes or something? I am in Texas, so I don't really know if we have Asian towns. I know we've got a few Asian food marts scattered about.

Back