Speaking of Barry Fletcher...Thick n' Slick Custard?

so1913

Has anyone tried the thick n' slick custard yet on this board? I'm curious as to the results compared to all the other similar styling products.

Thanks!

Thick N Slick Custard

A naturally fresh, alcohol-free conditioning creme gel with super moisture and sheen. It has an exceptional blend of 100% natural extracts, Hawaiian white ginger, aloe vera, and flowers bountiful in natural lubricants. Sculpt, finger wave, wrap, scrunch, wet set, dry set, braid. It activates and holds curls together

thickslickcust.jpg

I've been meaning to post a thread on this product but never got around to it!

The consistency is thick like a pudding, but it separates so there is this clear liquid that forms on the bottom. I just shake it up and it seems to work fine. I use it like any other hold product, apply in sections after using my leave in and let air dry. It gives good definition, but dries a little crunchy on my hair. Hm, maybe I'll try your method of using Kid's Organics after my leave in to combat the crunchiness.

I feel like it is a hit or miss product, but at least it is locally available and the small size isn't more than $5. HTH

I had this and wound up giving it away at a meet and Greet. For me, at least at the time, it was too "hard" of a set and got flaky fast. I am half natural now, so maybe it would work better. But my daughter(type 3)used to get too many flakes from it. She gets less from curly meringue, which I use in her hair almost daily.

I know I was thinking about this last night when I said---I gotta break away from Miss Jessie's creamy crack for it bleeds us dry.

PS- so1913, I hope and pray my hair is anywhere close to your beautious locks when I'm all natural.

It does have a hard set and does get flakey after about 1 to 1.5 weeks as I have it in my hair now to start my locs. I will say, the set is hard and good b/c my hair would otherwise unravel so it definitely works to HOLD hair. I just do not like the flakey factor b/c it could easily be mistaken for dandruff but it isn't.

Back