South Beach Hair

EccentricRed

I am QUITE bored sitting at my job right now. :office:

So I started thinking about my vacation coming up soon. I will be "taking my talents to South Beach" :rolleyes: for 5 lovely days! Due to the amount of products that I can/cannot carry on my flights and the weather, I'm trying to find some hairstyles that I can wear while I'm wandering around South Beach. I really want to straighten my hair because I wouldn't need as much maintenence, but I have to be realistic, considering it's the beach and the sun, a combination that will have my hair reverting. However, I want to show some of my length. I've been thinking about braid-outs or twist-outs.

Any ideas? And if you are going on vacation, how are you going to wear your hair? :hottub:

A braid out will probably work very well! I am a native of SoBe so I have to warn you: the humidity is awful for naturals who want to wear their hair straight. As soon as you get off the plane - it's reverting. So, I recommend a braidout OR twists. either will be very pretty :)

A braid out will probably work very well! I am a native of SoBe so I have to warn you: the humidity is awful for naturals who want to wear their hair straight. As soon as you get off the plane - it's reverting. So, I recommend a braidout OR twists. either will be very pretty :)

EccentricRed Lest you think she might be exaggerating, this happened to me. Silly me thinking I would be okay arriving at 10:00 p.m. on a February night.

Luckily, I had wigs which are a great option without weighing down or taking up space in your luggage. I ended up flat twisting my hair under a wig and then wore a twist out with my hair for the last two days.

Yeah, I've actually had that happen to me in Ohio in the summer, so I know it will be worse in Florida! I'm not really into wigs, but a twistout is definately an option!

I'll be taking some satin pillow rollers and I'll be wearing my hair in beach waves. Macherie has got a good tutorial on it on YT. It's so easy and fast to do, takes me about 10 minutes and I simply just shake the hair out in the morning.

Being in Miami is the perfect time to skip straightening and go curly, I'd say wash n go. Just keep misting throughout the day and bring wigs with you if you want to switch it up for the evenings. Vacation is a great time not to be worried about hair and just be carefree. Also, a phony pony would be great. you could just slick it back and attach and have a great beach look.

Hey Twin! I would say go for a wash and go or a twist out would be cute (the flat twists- would be cute too, actually)! Just make sure to make plenty of pics- you know we're nosey :yep: :yep: :lol:

Back