SOS.. 1 week old extensions and I want them OUT!!

peacensoul

I got box braids last satuday and I loved them.. BUT BUT... I can't take them.. my head is on FIRE.. I took out all of the braids in the back.. because I have the front braided n the back weaved but i made her braid a little of the back so I could make ponytails.. My head is itching like CRAZY.. I have a pin that I stick in my head to itch the life out of it.. Its starting to look messy because I constantly have my hands in it. I wanted it to stay for about a month but at this rate next Saturday will be a stretch.. Does anyone have any suggestions..

Btw.. i got a big knots (lymph nodes) behind my eats. I think it was from the tightness of the few braids inthe back.. I took a few of the braids in the front out because i didnt want my edges to be pull out..

I spent too many hours and $$$ to just take it out in 2 weeks though. Someone help........

OT how do you ladies maintain wet n wavy human hair.. mine r getting messy
:wallbash:

Maybe you're allergic to the braiding hair? I've never had a reaction like that to getting braids, even if they were tight. I *think* people say tea tree oil calms itching but if you're allergic that's only going to work temporarily. You might have to take them out.

Usually when I have wet and wavy hair I just put it in two braids at night an take it out in the morning. Sometimes, I'll use a wet (as opposed to thick and creamy) leave-in conditioner and that brings the waves out nicely.

I got box braids last satuday and I loved them.. BUT BUT... I can't take them.. my head is on FIRE.. I took out all of the braids in the back.. because I have the front braided n the back weaved but i made her braid a little of the back so I could make ponytails.. My head is itching like CRAZY.. I have a pin that I stick in my head to itch the life out of it.. Its starting to look messy because I constantly have my hands in it. I wanted it to stay for about a month but at this rate next Saturday will be a stretch.. Does anyone have any suggestions..

Btw.. i got a big knots (lymph nodes) behind my eats. I think it was from the tightness of the few braids inthe back.. I took a few of the braids in the front out because i didnt want my edges to be pull out..

I spent too many hours and $$$ to just take it out in 2 weeks though. Someone help........

I say take them out!

The potential hair/scalp damage is SO not worth it to me :nono:

I feel for you! Hope that everything turns out ok! :bighug:

Try that purple lather-less shampoo by ORS. You should be able to pick this up in Walgreens. I am sure you will feel better after using this. You could even follow this up with some Tea Tree oil.

You have inflammation of your scalp. That is why your lymph nodes are swollen.

Wash them....use Pour diluted ACV on your braids after the wash. Remember to dilute the shampoo and the conditioner also. Im so sorry this is happening. Did you soak the braiding hair in ACV?

It sounds like these are too tight, but if it were just the tightness you would have had a problem on day 1.

I think this is the "week after" braid itching that can happen about a week after they are done.

I actually prevent this from happening now (used to get it without fail for weeks 2 and part of 3 after braids).

Now, for the first week, every day I spray a medicated product on my scalp. I like products that contain salicylic acid so my FAVORITE is Better Braids leave in. I spray it everyday for the first week and I NEVER get that itching. Even now, you can spray it and stop it from itching instantly. I don't like it for the entire time I have braids, but it get me over the week 2 hump.

That doesn't sound too good :nono:. I would take them out and skip all the extra money on products that may or may not work. The swollen lymph nodes behind the ear....:nono:. I wouldn't be able to do it. Good luck!

[quote=msa;5351487]Maybe you're allergic to the braiding hair? I've never had a reaction like that to getting braids, even if they were tight. I *think* people say tea tree oil calms itching but if you're allergic that's only going to work temporarily. You might have to take them out.

Usually when I have wet and wavy hair I just put it in two braids at night an take it out in the morning. Sometimes, I'll use a wet (as opposed to thick and creamy) leave-in conditioner and that brings the waves out nicely.[/quote]
I was going to say that. You may have to take em out before you cause any scalp damage. I've have this happen to me before (intense itching) w/kankelon.

hi I know this is a long while ago but can you remember any of the details what happened didn’t know such a thing was possible I had my hair in box braids and the pain is excruciating I can feel it in my ear drums

hi I know this is a long while ago but can you remember any of the details what happened didn’t know such a thing was possible I had my hair in box braids and the pain is excruciating I can feel it in my ear drums

Are your braids too tight? If so, washing them may loosen them up. Was the hair treated with apple cider vinegar before install? If you think it's an allergy, I suggest taking benadryl and maybe an over the counter pain reliever for the pain. Then you can assess things to determine if removal is your best option. You may get more help if you post in the random hair thoughts thread. I hope this helps.

Extremely tight like my scalp feels like it’s on fire and no I didn’t do any of the above you asked just washed my hair and went to the salon but when she got up to the last few plaits I was on the edge of the chair I felt like my eardrum on the side she was on popped

This is sad. Take those things down or at the very least spray/ wet your scalp like someone said, to see if that loosens the tension. I braided someone's hair (their first time) the other week and before we got started, they told me that they were prepared for the pain. I let them know that braids shouldn't be causing pain. There may be some tension, but definitely not pain. Especially as described here.

This is sad. Take those things down or at the very least spray/ wet your scalp like someone said, to see if that loosens the tension. I braided someone's hair (their first time) the other week and before we got started, they told me that they were prepared for the pain. I let them know that braids shouldn't be causing pain. There may be some tension, but definitely not pain. Especially as described here.
Yh my husband said the amd just take them out doesn’t matter about the money and how pretty they look coz they really do but I’m definitely taking them down

Back