Sorry Chica, I Ain't Got That Problem

Country gal

:lol: I was standing in line today at a store when the cashier was talking to another cashier. She was asking her how did she keep her hair straight and with a curl in all this humidity. She had curled her hair last night and wrapped it only for it to puff back up. SO I was internally laughin like that ain't my problem no more. Hair stayed in tact today. :lol: Just another reason I am happy to be nappy.

nice story. thanks for sharing.

Although I rarely have the problem of my hair puffing up (maybe the products I use or something), I used to BIGTIME back in the day.

When I was a teenager, I could not get my hair to "keep" on the hot humid days.

Being natural would be so nice on those kinds of days and even on these rainy days we have been having!

yes, being natural sure has its advantages! Especially since i love to go swimming! In twists i just quickly do a con-wash and keep it moving!! And twists look soo much better freshly rinsed!

My relaxed hair was in twistout yesterday and was able to withstand the high heat and humidity because I've discovered my hair's secret. My hair is happiest when it has a lot of leave-ins and oil in it to tame it. I think it fills up the hair cuticles so moisture and humidity can't puff up the hair.

I've learned not to even try to wear straight styles when it is humid outside. I can wear curly styles or bun it up.

Priestess said:
My relaxed hair was in twistout yesterday and was able to withstand the high heat and humidity because I've discovered my hair's secret. My hair is happiest when it has a lot of leave-ins and oil in it to tame it. I think it fills up the hair cuticles so moisture and humidity can't puff up the hair.

My hair is like this too. Oil and leave-ins are definitely key.

We don't really have much humidity here--wish we did though. I can't wait to go to my dad's house in B'ham--that's where I'll be able to see some humidity.

(Forgot that I'm going to Florida next month--guess I'll see some there too).

My hair didn't hold a curl very well at all when relaxed--it was too straight and too fine.

Yeah I love it. I can wet my hair all the time and my hair just says ... give me more give me more.

When I had I perm It was like I was scared of water.
You know the whole black girl syndrome.

But in actuality our hair looooooves moisture, nautual heat from outdoors

Motivator01 says But in actuality our hair looooooves moisture, nautual heat from outdoors.

I so agree with this statement. My natural hair loves moisture and natural heat.

true true true.
It is like we where brainwashed by the scald head bald head monster:lachen:

who kept us washing our hair only once a month and not going swimming and other crazy stuff

My relaxed hair never had problems with humidity. Maybe because I never relaxed it bone strait. my curls actually lasted longer in the heat. Go figure.:lol:

Priestess said:

lol..u discovered my secret

I hardly have a problem with humidity anymore

I feel you on this one.... I don't have to worry anymore about these hot humid days in South Carolina frizzing up my freshly relaxed hair. No more, standing in a hot bathroom, with a hot curling iron trying to tame my mane. I can walk in the rain (without an umbrella) not worrying about my hair napping up. I love being nappy!!!

Country gal said:
:lol: I was standing in line today at a store when the cashier was talking to another cashier. She was asking her how did she keep her hair straight and with a curl in all this humidity. She had curled her hair last night and wrapped it only for it to puff back up. SO I was internally laughin like that ain't my problem no more. Hair stayed in tact today. :lol: Just another reason I am happy to be nappy.

LOL me either... :lol: But that's because my hair isn't out. I usually wear wigs on rainy days for that reason. Just keep it wrapped or braided underneath. No use is letting my hair draw up more than it usually does on account of rain.

sylver2 said:
lol..u discovered my secret

I hardly have a problem with humidity anymore

Girl, I not only discovered your secret, I discovered your products!! You are my NTM Godess, excuse me while I have a newbie moment. :lol:

Sylver2 you are the one that turned me onto my beloved NTM line and Rusk Smoother. Heck I even got the Conair Ion blowdryer you have in your fotki. You are an inspiration! Sorry, I had to go a little OT. :look:

Priestess said:
Girl, I not only discovered your secret, I discovered your products!! You are my NTM Godess, excuse me while I have a newbie moment. :lol:

Sylver2 you are the one that turned me onto my beloved NTM line and Rusk Smoother. Heck I even got the Conair Ion blowdryer you have in your fotki. You are an inspiration! Sorry, I had to go a little OT. :look:

Girl you need to see it in person. :grin:

When I was relaxed I never had problems with humidity, rain, or going swimming. My hair would curl up after it water hits it. But maybe it's because my hair never relaxed straight and I had a lot of curl left.

Me and my daughter in line on a hot summer day at Universal Studios.

Now who told these folks they should attempt to cool us off while standing in lines? They got the idea to spray mists of water in front of high powered turning fans throughout the lines.

Me (cause I had my hair natural) every time the fan passed by..."ahhhhhhhh"

The relaxed or pressed ladies.......'ahhhhhhhhh DAYUM!!!!"

THEY BROUGHT UMBRELLA'S AND ERRYTHANG.

ok I was guilty of a giggle or two or three.....it was funny. But I did feel their pain! lol

Irresistible said:

Now who told these folks they should attempt to cool us off while standing in lines? They got the idea to spray mists of water in front of high powered turning fans throughout the lines.

ok I was guilty of a giggle or two or three.....it was funny. But I did feel their pain! lol

:lachen::lachen: :lachen:

Irresistible said:

LOL that's hilarious...who would want to stand in line holding umbrellas?

I never have a problem with humidity or rain as a relaxed head...moisture is my friend!

OT: your siggy is so pretty. Those curls are fabulous! :D

Irresistible said:

Irresistible said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I can totally visualize that.

Back