Sores

CheerBear

Has anyone ever experienced sores on the scalp that doesnt come relaxers or anything? I ask because I often have them in my hair, I know its not from chemicals right now, I havent been applying the comb to my scalp so i doubt that's it, but I cant figure it out. I've come up with two possibilities..My scalp is just really dry and needs some exfoliation, or my hair follicles are drying out. Those are probably far fetched..so any ideas????

I got those many years ago and it was usually caused by one of the following:

B vitamin deficiency

leaving my scalp damp too long, especially if my hair got wet and was not washed or cleaned.

using a product on my hair or scalp that I was allergic too...actually putting almost anything aside from jojoba oil breaks out my scalp.

oh, one more thing, you may have a scalp condition (psoriasis) that you would want to have checked out by a dermatologist.

Do they hurt, bleed, scab up, and is your neck swollen (lymph nodes)? If so you may have a scalp infection. I have had them a few times.

Oooh! I get those too! I feel little scabs in my scalp and then start feeling around for more. Sometimes they are a little sore feeling, as well. I know it's not reaction to relaxers, as I haven't had one in about 7 years. There is color in my hair, but I'm bad about doing it regularly- but those sores show up any dang time they want to!

i know i've had my scalp get hard in places before....it's like a little scab or something...i forgot what causes it

[ QUOTE ]
CheerBear said:
tracy...they do none of these things, I wouldnt even know they were there unless I was touching my scalp

[/ QUOTE ]

That's great. I would hate for you to have that problem. So maybe you just need to go to a dermatologist. Maybe you have Psoriasis, a mild case. But it doesn't sound too serious. I hope you can figure out what is causing it.

I sometimes get little sores/swellings or scabs sometimes. I mostly think that they're impurities in the scalp. I try to wash my hair when I feel them coming. Another thing is not share combs or brushes with anyone! Keep your combs and brushes clean! If you a comb brush on the floor try clean it immediately! You never know what lurking on your bathroom floor!

I get those. When I get close to relaxer time, if I touch my head or even bump against something it feels like someone stuck a needle in my scalp. When I get someone to look at my scalp, the area is described as a tiny bump with multiple hairs coming out of one whole. If I pull just the right hair, the pain immediately goes away. I'm not advocating that you start pulling out hair in search of the right one, but that is just what works for me. When I do get the right one, and I always know it because it hurts like a "muther" when I pull it out, the end is bent or twisted in a way that I can tell it would have never grown out of the whole properly.

Back