SOOooo Where My OG's /Vets at? what"s NEW

I am still here. I just don't post as much. The board has really changed. I let the young ins have it.

I hope Nonie is still around.

LOL that I would be considered a vet. *blushes*

But I stay on the other side of the board mostly.

In terms of my hair. Its doing well despite the excessive shedding I've had the past couple months. I have the laziest reggie. All I do is use the shampoo my dermatologist gave me, maybe some shea moisture or garnier frutis and then use any conditioner. Then I put in kinky curly or KBB and seal and twist it. I need to get back to wigs though. I didnt get as much growth because I was doing a bunch of twist-outs. I'm trying to get to waist length this year. I think about 4 inches away.

:wave::wave:
Hey @camilla!
Thanks for the shout out. It's so nice to see all the OG's in here! :)

I'm still here. I pop in on the hair threads every once in a while but I stay in ET, Off topic, and now Pregnancy :).

I just flat ironed for the first time in a year this holiday season. I'm at WL but will probably keep it no longer than this or cut to MBL. I usually wear my hair in a bun or updo or one braid. I'm pretty basic and boring. I still like my hair toys and hair sticks though. :)

My focus has been on nurturing my girls' hair (6 and 8) and I frequent a lot of natural kid blogs and FB pages.

I'm also old school so I don't have a youtube or vlog. I sometimes post updates in the thread
"Everyday Hair...The Pretty, The Nappy, The Crazy...Post Your Hair RIGHT NOW!!! " http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=527413

well I just started a nail blog but I don't know what I'm doing yet. I've ruled out YT because I'm way too camera shy and people are vicious on there. I would love if I had the nerve to do it though.

Pokahontas
I feel the same way. I wish I could do a back of the head tutorial with music like SouthernTease used to do. People ask me all the time how to use hair sticks without damage. I try to explain but a video would be so much better.

wavezncurlz, you totally should. I've always wanted to know how to do the hair sticks and your hair is at my desired length. You best get a camera and tripod and get to recording woman. LOL

Camila thanks for reaching out to me! Happy new year!

I reached my goal of waist length a while back... maybe around 2 years ago. I am currently tailbone length, but I'm debating whether to cut it back to MBL or maybe do some layers in the front. Its all one length and kinda boring looking so I want to do something. I definitely wouldn't cut more than MBL if I do end up grabbing the scissors.

My regimen is pretty simple. When hair is this long you can't spend hours upon hours taking care of it. Its cold here in Boston so I have it straight most of the time if I can. If I do leave it curly then its in a lazy bun. I DC at least 2-3 times a month, steam when I can or have the time to, search & destroys every so often (haven't trimmed in 12 months), and I'm getting better at oil treatments at least once a month (EVOO, coconut oil, and coconut milk).

I sometimes feel "scared" to post new threads LOL but I will try to more often (if I can think of a new topic).

ET: Deleted my blog and Youtube channel once I started grad school. I finished grad school over a year ago, but life just took over and I haven't had the chance to start over again.

Pokahontas I loooooove the pictures of your nails you post in the nail forum. Please post your blog!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Camila thanks for reaching out to me! Happy new year! I reached my goal of waist length a while back... maybe around 2 years ago. I am currently tailbone length, but I'm debating whether to cut it back to MBL or maybe do some layers in the front. Its all one length and kinda boring looking so I want to do something. I definitely wouldn't cut more than MBL if I do end up grabbing the scissors. My regimen is pretty simple. When hair is this long you can't spend hours upon hours taking care of it. Its cold here in Boston so I have it straight most of the time if I can. If I do leave it curly then its in a lazy bun. I DC at least 2-3 times a month, steam when I can or have the time to, search & destroys every so often (haven't trimmed in 12 months), and I'm getting better at oil treatments at least once a month (EVOO, coconut oil, and coconut milk). I sometimes feel "scared" to post new threads LOL but I will try to more often (if I can think of a new topic). ET: Deleted my blog and Youtube channel once I started grad school. I finished grad school over a year ago, but life just took over and I haven't had the chance to start over again. Pokahontas I loooooove the pictures of your nails you post in the nail forum. Please post your blog!
Thank you! Here's my blog. http://septemberbabynails.blogspot.com

I just started and don't know what I'm doing so it's a work in progress.

Hey Camilla! Sorry for the late response. I'm not on here as regularly as I had been in the past. I need to post new pics because I'm now completely natural. I big chopped about 3 years ago to a little less than 3 inches! I'm now BSL, and love my hair. I only flat iron for trims about every 6-8 months.

I'm an old head! It's been almost 11 years here! I have cut my hair so many times and the longest it's been since in this board was BSL. I'm working on that now and promised myself I will make it to WL before I do anymore major haircuts.

Back