soooo, i'm pretty sure bobby pins are making my scalp itch...

youwillrise

that sucks.

my skin does not like metals. i dont even wear earrings because of it...i know i could probably get surgical steel and it'd probably be okay, but i dont feel like going through trying to get my ears pierced a 4th time haha.

anyway...anyone else have this problem?

what do you prefer to use in the place of bobby pins/other metal hair pins/clips?

I don't have this allergy but what about non metal hair pin, headbands, non hair sticks, hair holders, and hair combs to keep your hair in place instead?

It could be the nickle in it. Try nickle free bobby pins, jewelry etc.

I'm allergic the nickle. I use the plastic pins sold at Sally's. I can't remember the name of them.

yeah, thats what i assumed it was with earrings...didnt realize nickel was in bobby pins, then again i never thought to look. ill look out nickel free bobby pins. thanks

thanks for the suggestions.

I bought the Meta Grip premium bob pins from sallys because they do not peel. One of those popular natural haired women from Youtube suggested them. since I started using them I have had no issues with my scalp itching.

good luck

Yup. Happens to me too. Its the nickel in them. I just dont let them touch my scalp honestly

I think there's an old thread where the poster had the same problem. I was surprised to learn that there are nickel free bobby pins.

I rarely wear them, so I haven't had this problem. Mine are coated ones though, so far the coating is still on there.

I feel you on the earrings! I have so many problems with them. If you want to get pierced again, go to a professional piercer. They pierce with surgical steel or titanium jewelry and I haven't had any problems. I need to sort through my old earrings (and necklaces!) and give the offending ones away or something.

Back