Soooo, I cut my hair and I am starting over

Junonia

Today my grandmother told me that I should wear my hair in a pony tail because it looks like a section of my hair was missing. She was right, my hair was see thru, thin and lifeless. I cut my hair and I feel much better. It looks so much fuller. I had so many compliments today on my hair which I haven't had for quite sometime. I am happy with my hair. Thank ladies for your support.

I guess I will have to remove my siggy now:lachen:.My next challenge will be APL for 08:grin:.

Your hair still looks beautiful, I love the cut! And I'm a sucker for bangs, its itching me not to get some done to my hair... :lachen:

But one question, I looked at your Fotki and it looked like you were doing really well when you were at APL, (I think its the second album or so, the one from April to June). You said that you couldn't leave your hair alone and thats why you wound up cutting it, what did you do that caused it to break in the middle section like that?

WOW!!!!! : shocked: I can't believe you did that! You were BSL and cut your hair to SL? What about gradually trimming as it grows? Your very brave, i don't know if i could have done that. Well, anyhoo i'm glad that you are happy with your hair now and you already know it will grow back. Besides, it's all about your happiness in the end. You have to wear your hair on your head, not anyone else. Happy Hair Growing. Do you have any pics? It's really hard to for me to believe!

Today my grandmother told me that I should wear my hair in a pony tail because it looks like a section of my hair was missing. She was right, my hair was see thru, thin and lifeless. I cut my hair and I feel much better. It looks so much fuller. I had so many compliments today on my hair which I haven't had for quite sometime. I am happy with my hair. Thank ladies for your support.

I guess I will have to remove my siggy now:lachen:.My next challenge will be APL for 08:grin:.

OOh LOL!!! I didn't even pay attention to your new avatar. You look beautiful, hair still looks pretty long- in my book.

Your hair still looks beautiful, I love the cut! And I'm a sucker for bangs, its itching me not to get some done to my hair... :lachen:

But one question, I looked at your Fotki and it looked like you were doing really well when you were at APL, (I think its the second album or so, the one from April to June). You said that you couldn't leave your hair alone and thats why you wound up cutting it, what did you do that caused it to break in the middle section like that?

Thanks for the compliment!

While I was on vacation in March, I really mishandled my hair. After, it would dry, I would rake through with a comb. I didn't take into consideration that my hair was weak from the salt water and chlorine. My hair really thinned from that.

I was sleeping with a satin bonnet for awhile. I noticed that the bonnet would rise up around my nape at night. That caused the elastic around the bonnet to rub on my nape causing more breakage.

Lastly, I was slacking in my routine. I wasn't giving my hair the moisture that it needed. My hair is very dry to begin with.

WOW!!!!! : shocked: I can't believe you did that! You were BSL and cut your hair to SL? What about gradually trimming as it grows? Your very brave, i don't know if i could have done that. Well, anyhoo i'm glad that you are happy with your hair now and you already know it will grow back. Besides, it's all about your happiness in the end. You have to wear your hair on your head, not anyone else. Happy Hair Growing. Do you have any pics? It's really hard to for me to believe!

:lachen: It wasn't BSL yet. My hair would have looked like strings dangling from my head at BSL, if I hadn't cut. I tried the gradual trimming but I don't have the patience and I want results now:lachen:. I know it will grow back to at least APL and I am happy with that.

Congrats on your decision girlie! I had a similar experience with my hair at one point, but I cut mine to the bottom of my neck/collar bone. I just got tired of running around with scraggly ends. Your ends weren't nearly as bad as mine. But I had major nape problem also. Anyway, I remember how relieved I felt once I got rid of all the dead hair. It's like a breath of fresh air!:yawn: Anyway, as long as you're happy with it, that's all that matters. It looks so nice and healthy!

I think it's a very cute cut.

I previously had a breakage problem in the center of my hair also originating from the nape. I had deemed the biggest problem being abrasion from my collar during the colder months (I cannot stand to be cold so I lived in turtlenecks for 4-5 mos.).

I made it through last year by keeping it up in a hairclip, a little extra oil on the ends and I took care to cover my hairline so that it didn't rub against my coats, etc. So I'm hoping this formula works for another year and then I will think I have solved the problem.

I had a little temple issue, too and I'm thinking that was/is coming from how I sleep as well as one of those bonnets with the elastic band that would wind up inching it's way back during the night. Combined with me sleeping with my face into the pillow....not a good combo.

Good luck!!

Great cut and hair looks much healthier too. Dont despair you will get back your lenght with a healthier new start.

your hair looks great!!! i remember when i cut my hair in dec 2006, not due to thinning but i had very dry tangled overprocessed ends, and my hair is thanking me for it.

Thanks for the compliment!

While I was on vacation in March, I really mishandled my hair. After, it would dry, I would rake through with a comb. I didn't take into consideration that my hair was weak from the salt water and chlorine. My hair really thinned from that.

I was sleeping with a satin bonnet for awhile. I noticed that the bonnet would rise up around my nape at night. That caused the elastic around the bonnet to rub on my nape causing more breakage.

Lastly, I was slacking in my routine. I wasn't giving my hair the moisture that it needed. My hair is very dry to begin with.

It looks great...Your cut looks so even and full. I should join you on the going back to APL journey. I've been thinking about cutting mine too, but I can't let go of my longer, "routine lacking" hair. I've made such progress...I've got to get on the ball.:wallbash:

If you use heat every day, your hair may become very dry. I think your hair is beautiful. keep up the good work.

Thank you ladies, I do feel relieved that the damaged hair is gone. As much as I would like to retain length, full hair is more important to me. I added a bang to give my big head some pizazz:lachen:.

Now, I have to develop a new regimen for the winter keeping in mind my nape.

Your hair looks great! Sometime a good cut is what you need to get back on track (I've had 3 since October 06). As another poster said, your length will come again! :yep:

Hey girl!!!! You are very brave to cut your hair. I know you had to do what was best for your hair. It looks very nice. Good luck on your goals. I'm still going to be checking up on you. We may not be twins anymore but we are still sisters, I'm a pisces too. :>). HHG. Hondahoney007

I think your hair looks great ... and your positive attitude about it is even better. Ironically, I'm going through the same problems that you are. My hair has been doing great all summer, but in the last month (from August until now), I have had an unbelievable amount of shedding and breakage. it has been coming out by long strands nearly every day. I literally have chunks missing from my hair. I even cried about it. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with my transitioning. I'm getting my hair done tomorrow and a chop is inevitable. My hair is BSL right now, but I'll probably be just shy of APL when it's all said and done.

Thanks for being my inspiration.

I think your hair looks great ... and your positive attitude about it is even better. Ironically, I'm going through the same problems that you are. My hair has been doing great all summer, but in the last month (from August until now), I have had an unbelievable amount of shedding and breakage. it has been coming out by long strands nearly every day. I literally have chunks missing from my hair. I even cried about it. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with my transitioning. I'm getting my hair done tomorrow and a chop is inevitable. My hair is BSL right now, but I'll probably be just shy of APL when it's all said and done.

Thanks for being my inspiration.

Sometimes I felt like crying too. I used to cut my hair all the time and it always grew back. It may take longer to reach my goal but my hair looks healthy. If I have to do it again , I will.

You have very pretty hair and if you are not comfortable with the way it looks and feel, do what you must do. All that matters is that you are happy with your hair.

Hey girl!!!! You are very brave to cut your hair. I know you had to do what was best for your hair. It looks very nice. Good luck on your goals. I'm still going to be checking up on you. We may not be twins anymore but we are still sisters, I'm a pisces too. :>). HHG. Hondahoney007

You know I have been unhappy for sometime now. I did what needed to be done. I'll also continue checking on your progress my fellow pisces sister:grin:

The cut is very cute. :yep: I chopped mine last December. I never regretted it, but I did miss the length terribly. :ohwell:

Your new cut looks great! Really love the bangs :love:

Plus, your length will be back in no time. Dont worry!

Thank you again ladies for your support. DH is not happy with my hair. I told him when he met my hair was this length. Of course he disagreed with me. You win some, U lose some. He'll get over it!

Back