soontobenatural, question about daughter's hair

rosie

soontobenatural, question about daughter\'s hair

Your daughter's hair is beautiful. It looks soft and well moisturized. Something I cannot get my daughter's hair to do.
If you don't mind, can you list your routine and products for her hair?

And some other questions for you:
How long was your hair when you cut off your relaxer?
What products do you use when you twist your hair?

Oh, and I must say you look fierce in the afro, both yours and the wig.

rosie

Re: soontobenatural, question about daughter\'s hair

bump for any asistance with daughter's dry hair.

Natural, she's only 5.

Her hair became dry and unruly after an operation on her leg about 2 years ago. Since the operation, it has been on the road to recovery, but it still quite dry. Don't get me wrong, it's mproved, but not to the point of most little's girls hair. Very course andthick and wiry.

I just need advice on how to put moisture in her hair. Intensive treatments, you know??

My daughter is almost 2 and I have been using Parnevu Leave-in conditioner on her hair daily. It makes her hair very moist but not greasy. It also detangles the hair and the comb just glides through it. It can be used as a conditioner or as a daily hairdress according to the side of the jar. It can be bought at Wal-Mart and many other places. It only costs 3 dollars and some change for a big jar. For the price, it is worth a shot.

Yes, Parnevu is good.

I would use some organic sweet almond oil and jojoba on her hair. Do you know how to cornrow? If so, that will really help you manage that head. I like Lustrasilk Cholesterol w/ Aloe a lot as well is Kenra Intensive.

Rosie,

Sorry it took me so long to reply - I didn't log on this weekend. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

At the time those pics were taken, I was using Aubrey's Organics Island Naturals Shampoo and Cream Rinse. I was then using Sheamoisture Leave-in conditoner for her leave-in. As a moisturizer, I was applying a shea butter/aloe vera mixture on her hair, and Nature's Blessing pomade on her scalp.

Recently, I have been using the "no poo" method on her. I don't know how this will work since I have only been doing it for 2 weeks, but I will let you know if you are interested. I have been using Kids Organics Detangling Moisturizer on her hair (thanks to Armyqt - she uses this on her daughter's hair). I haven't been putting anything on her scalp since she uses Derma-Smoothe for a mild form of psoriasis.

Back