SOO...I BC'ED 5 MONTHS IN...

PanamasOwn

O.k. seemingly... I got sooo tired of hair knotting up and getting tangled. The relaxed ends were causing me to lose alot of hair and my styles started to look raggedy. I mean I started looking a girl that was trying toohard to be cute but really wasnt. SOOO.... I CHOPPED IT OFF....:yep:

well most of it.

I am 90% natural with 10% left of relaxed ends. I was able to keep those because they blend in well with the rest of my hair (for now) Surprinsingly, I wasnt even sad when I cut off that hair. I chopped off like 2.5 inches all around. Now the bad part is, I dont know what to do with my hair. Its short, but VERY thick and curly. I have updated my fotki, so take and look and tell me what you guys think.

Thanks ladies. Without you guys, I would not have had the courage to do it. (esp. not so early, I wanted to wait a year, but I didnt want to risk losing more hair than necessary)

Congrats on your BC, Panama! :grin:

ETA: You could try a half wig and a headband as a protective style for now.

Last edited:
I did exactly the samething a couple of weeks ago...you kept a little more hair than I did though...I ended up getting braids because I didn't want to be bothered with trying to figure out what to do with it.

ok Panamasown......you're asking for opinions right?

at this point with jus 10% left, i'd go on and chop it all off and be done with it, maybe even get a nice shape-up then i'd go on and rock my twa like it's never been rocked before.

those ends are throwing off your roll bigtime.

but, that's jmo :yep:

I stayed on a strict braid regimen for a year after I BC'd. It was tedious trying to keep it neat, moisturized etc. It helped me out alot though. The half wig sounds like a good idea too.

ok Panamasown......you're asking for opinions right?

at this point with jus 10% left, i'd go on and chop it all off and be done with it, maybe even get a nice shape-up then i'd go on and rock my twa like it's never been rocked before.

those ends are throwing off your roll bigtime.

but, that's jmo :yep:

you know I think you are right.... I was able to do a cute style (bantu knots), but I went so far already... might as well go all the way...Will have to do that this weekend (when I wash again)

Back