Something weird is going on with my hair

pinkchocolatedaisy

***posting from my cell***I don't get what's going on with my hair. I can't tell if its my edges growing back from last yrs postpartum shedding or is my texture changing. I usually don't have an issue with frizz but now my hair seems frizzy at the roots where I part my hair and my hairline is fuzzy. My twists look puffy at the roots (see pics in my fotki...am I imagining things?) and the won't lie down like they used to. I stopped taking biotin (2500 mcg) and my Collagen +C b/c I'm trying to figure this out! Anyone else experience this? What's going on???tia ladies

ETA: here are some pics of my hair today: to me, in the first 2 pics esp, it seems my roots and hairline look pretty fuzzy/frizzy. :look:

Attachments

• 032310 1.jpg
    032310 1.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 032310 2.jpg
    032310 2.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 032310.jpg
    032310.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
It could be a number of things...are you drinking enough water? Did you change hair products? Shampooing too much?

It's funny becuase your pic looks exactly like my hair LOL. I'm having the exact same issue with my hairline being soo frizzy. I'm now forced to use Eco-Styler gel on my hairline to get it to lay flat. I know that i've completely changed up my reggie. Using Wen as a cleanser no longer using shampoo, texlaxing for only 8 min total and stretching my texlaxes out every 16 weeks. I have also been on an MT challenge so that could also be the culprit as well. I'm just hoping this is a sign that my hairline is getting thicker and not something else. I'm subbing to this thread and will check in as well as post if I figure out whats going on. Wish I could be more help.

My reggie hasn't changed much. Since the beginning of this year I've been washing dcing twice a week & then bun. I use Alba botanica shampoo & dc w Joico Moisture recovery. I do a protein treatment once a wk. I use either a Tresemme or HE cond as my leave in & seal w coconut oil (for buns) or avocado butter (for twists). I'm going to start cowashing more now that its getting a little warmer. I'm not a heat user unless I blow dry w my diffuser & I rarely do that -its been months since I last did. I use ecostyler olive oil gel to smooth down (or attempt to lol) w the scarf method for my buns.

Back