SOMETHING TO PONDER UPON!

Nice & Wavy

I'm putting this here because someone needs to see this, read it, and get an understanding from it. The Holy Spirit is speaking and desiring for some to hear this truth, in love. :love3:

Father, I thank you that your Word will never return to you void, but will go forth and do what it has been sent to do. In Jesus Holy
Name....Amen!!!

Have a wonderful day!

Unbelief and Its Consequences

Romans 1: 18 - 32

18For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness
and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,

19because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them.

20For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.

21For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22Professing to be wise, they became fools,

23and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures.

24Therefore God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, so that their bodies would be dishonored among them.

25For they exchanged the truth of God for a ie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

26For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural,

27and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.

28And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper,

29being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; they are gossips,

30slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents,

31without understanding, untrustworthy, unloving, unmerciful;

32and although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them.

Romans 10: 9-18

1Brethren, my heart's desire and my prayer to God for them is for their salvation.

2For I testify about them that they have a zeal for God, but not in accordance with knowledge.

3For not knowing about God's righteousness and seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God.

4For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

5For Moses writes that the man who practices the righteousness which is based on law shall live by that righteousness.

6But the righteousness based on faith speaks as follows: "DO NOT SAY IN YOUR HEART, 'WHO WILL ASCEND INTO HEAVEN?' (that is, to bring Christ down),

7or 'WHO WILL DESCEND INTO THE ABYSS?' (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead)."

8But what does it say? "THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART"--that is, the word of faith which we are preaching,

9that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

10for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

11For the Scripture says, "WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED."

12For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him;

13for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."

14How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher?

15How will they preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written, "HOW BEAUTIFUL ARE THE FEET OF THOSE WHO BRING GOOD NEWS OF GOOD THINGS!"

16However, they did not all heed the good news; for Isaiah says, "LORD, WHO HAS BELIEVED OUR REPORT?"

17So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.

18But I say, surely they have never heard, have they? Indeed they have;
"THEIR VOICE HAS GONE OUT INTO ALL THE EARTH,
AND THEIR WORDS TO THE ENDS OF THE WORLD."

Thank you for posting Nice & Wavy.:)

I read your post at least three times. I pondered on the scriptures...:yep:. And this message is for us, every believer that call them selves a Christian.

The day is no longer coming but is now here when we have to sincerely answer the question in Matthews 16:13-15

13When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, "Who do people say the Son of Man is?"

14They replied, "Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets."

15"But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?"
Girl, you have hit the nail on the head! The Holy Spirit revealed the message to you.....praise the name of the Lord!!!

I was just about to post... ITA. :yep: I read this post a couple of days ago and have been digesting it since.

N&W: just because people don't post doesn't mean they're not "processing" :laugh:

Amen

Beautiful post N&W! So on time! Thank you!!!:grin:
Amen, sis. YW!!! :love3:

I was just about to post... ITA. :yep: I read this post a couple of days ago and have been digesting it since.

N&W: just because people don't post doesn't mean they're not "processing" :laugh:

Amen
I'm glad you read it, Laela. :love3:

@ the bolded: ITA, when I wrote that I was glad that people are reading this thread, I was hoping that they would just read, and not necessarily post. Reading is fundamental!!! :grin:

We must keep God's word in front of our eyes, that we may know the truth in this life. Amen.

Turn Away from Astrology, the Occult,
Mediums, Divination and Sorcery

(c) 2005 Doug Britton (Permission granted to print for personal use)

Do not turn to mediums or seek out spiritists, for you will be defiled by them. I am the LORD your God (Leviticus 19:31).

God tells us to turn to him and renounce the occult.

Many people, including Christians, think it's harmless to look at astrological charts or engage in various forms of spiritism. They think it is fun or entertaining.

Others look to astrology, divination, and mediums for guidance, not just entertainment.

But God clearly warns against such practices in many Bible verses. Some reasons the Scriptures warn against engaging in any form of the occult:

• We are opening ourselves up to spirits other than God's.
  • We are not looking to God for guidance, but to the occult.
  • We are turning away from true faith in Jesus.
  • We are disobeying God's Word, the Bible.
The Israelites often made the same mistake and turned from God, although God clearly warned them about this.
When you enter the land the LORD your God is giving you, do not learn to imitate the detestable ways of the nations there. Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells, or who is a medium or who consults the dead. Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD, and because of these detestable practices the LORD your God will drive out those nations before you. You must be blameless before the LORD your God. The nations you will dispossess listen to those who practice sorcery or divination. But as for you, the LORD your God has not permitted you to do so (Deuteronomy 18:9-14).

Saul, Israel's first king, started out well. He expelled mediums and spiritists from the land, yet then violated God’s word and his own conscience by consulting a medium (1 Samuel 28:3-25). His end was tragic (1 Samuel 31:1-6).
New Testament Christians turned from sorcery. Let their example serve as an inspiration and a warning.
Many of those who believed now came and openly confessed their evil deeds. A number who had practiced sorcery brought their scrolls together and burned them publicly. When they calculated the value of the scrolls, the total came to fifty thousand drachmas. In this way the word of the Lord spread widely and grew in power (Acts 19:18-20).
These verses are given to us as warnings. God wants us to learn from the examples he gives in the Bible, and to avoid making the same mistakes. He loves us and wants us to turn from anything that will get between us and the joyful life he offers!
Bible verses warning about mediums and spiritists

Do not turn to mediums or seek out spiritists, for you will be defiled by them. I am the LORD your God (Leviticus 19:31).

I will set my face against the person who turns to mediums and spiritists to prostitute himself by following them, and I will cut him off from his people (Leviticus 20:6).

When men tell you to consult mediums and spiritists, who whisper and mutter, should not a people inquire of their God? Why consult the dead on behalf of the living? (Isaiah 8:19).
Bible verses warning about astrology

And when you look up to the sky and see the sun, the moon and the stars—all the heavenly array—do not be enticed into bowing down to them and worshiping things the LORD your God has apportioned to all the nations under heaven (Deuteronomy 4:19).

... and contrary to my command has worshiped other gods, bowing down to them or to the sun or the moon or the stars of the sky (Deuteronomy 17:3).

All the counsel you have received has only worn you out! Let your astrologers come forward, those stargazers who make predictions month by month, let them save you from what is coming upon you. Surely they are like stubble; the fire will burn them up. They cannot even save themselves from the power of the flame. Here are no coals to warm anyone; here is no fire to sit by. That is all they can do for you—these you have labored with and trafficked with since childhood. Each of them goes on in his error; there is not one that can save you (Isaiah 47:13-15).

Hear what the LORD says to you, O house of Israel.This is what the LORD says: "Do not learn the ways of the nations or be terrified by signs in the sky, though the nations are terrified by them" (Jeremiah 10:1-2).

In every matter of wisdom and understanding about which the king questioned them, he found them ten times better than all the magicians and enchanters in his whole kingdom (Daniel 1:20).
Bible verses warnings about divination, sorcery and magic charms

Do not practice divination or sorcery (Leviticus 19:26).

Therefore this is what the Sovereign LORD says: I am against your magic charms with which you ensnare people like birds and I will tear them from your arms; I will set free the people that you ensnare like birds (Ezekiel 13:20).

The idols speak deceit, diviners see visions that lie; they tell dreams that are false, they give comfort in vain. Therefore the people wander like sheep oppressed for lack of a shepherd (Zechariah 10:2).

"So I will come near to you for judgment. I will be quick to testify against sorcerers, adulterers and perjurers, against those who defraud laborers of their wages, who oppress the widows and the fatherless, and deprive aliens of justice, but do not fear me," says the LORD Almighty (Malachi 3:5).
Bible verses warnings about idol worship

You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me (Exodus 20:4-5).

Watch yourselves very carefully, so that you do not become corrupt and make for yourselves an idol, an image of any shape, whether formed like a man or a woman, or like any animal on earth or any bird that flies in the air, or like any creature that moves along the ground or any fish in the waters below (Deuteronomy 4:15-18).

If anyone has something they would like to share (God's word for someone) in this thread, please feel free to add something!

Blessings, always!

:love3:

Nice&Wavy, I thought you weren't going to respond to me anymore, but you indirectly try to do it in a new thread. Hmmm, lack of integrity I see...

But anyway, did you even read the scripture you just posted? Romans 1:18-32 is clearly speaking AGAINST sin.

Look at verse 18 in particular:
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness
and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness.

You and alot of Christians are in support of the notion that everyone sins everyday and we can't stop sinning and that we need Jesus to forgive us over and over and over and over...

God is against all ungodliness and all unrighteousness. And you are suppressing that truth!

Sin is ungodly and unrighteous, no matter who you claim to be.

Maybe you should ponder upon these scriptures before trying to put them off on someone else. You just may be an unbeliever by supporting sin. The wages of sin is death and the gift of God is eternal life.

You can't have your cake and eat it too with God. You're either for Him or against Him. There's no inbetween. You can't be lukewarm.

Oh, you thought this thread is about you? No, I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I really did not have you in mind when I put this here. :yep:

I said to you that I would not respond to you in any of YOUR posts or YOUR threads, PB. Am I not allowed to posts in my own thread now? Sorry, but I will be putting in the posts that I am lead to put in. Actually, this thread was started a few days ago:yep:

However, I'm glad that you are reading this thread and pondering upon it!

Take care!

Nice&Wavy, I thought you weren't going to respond to me anymore, but you indirectly try to do it in a new thread. Hmmm, lack of integrity I see...

But anyway, did you even read the scripture you just posted? Romans 1:18-32 is clearly speaking AGAINST sin.

Look at verse 18 in particular:

You and alot of Christians are in support of the notion that everyone sins everyday and we can't stop sinning and that we need Jesus to forgive us over and over and over and over...

God is against all ungodliness and all unrighteousness. And you are suppressing that truth!

Sin is ungodly and unrighteous, no matter who you claim to be.

Maybe you should ponder upon these scriptures before trying to put them off on someone else. You just may be an unbeliever by supporting sin. The wages of sin is death and the gift of God is eternal life.

You can't have your cake and eat it too with God. You're either for Him or against Him. There's no inbetween. You can't be lukewarm.

Last edited:
I have a testimony on messing around with the occult... glad you posted that. There really is harm in studying "astrology". Some Christians don't see anything wrong with it, though, and that's unfortunate. :nono:

I'll be back to share my testimony....

Turn Away from Astrology, the Occult,
Mediums, Divination and Sorcery

(c) 2005 Doug Britton (Permission granted to print for personal use)

God tells us to turn to him and renounce the occult.
Many people, including Christians, think it's harmless to look at astrological charts or engage in various forms of spiritism. They think it is fun or entertaining.

Others look to astrology, divination, and mediums for guidance, not just entertainment.

But God clearly warns against such practices in many Bible verses. Some reasons the Scriptures warn against engaging in any form of the occult:

• We are opening ourselves up to spirits other than God's.
  • We are not looking to God for guidance, but to the occult.
  • We are turning away from true faith in Jesus.
  • We are disobeying God's Word, the Bible.
The Israelites often made the same mistake and turned from God, although God clearly warned them about this.
When you enter the land the LORD your God is giving you, do not learn to imitate the detestable ways of the nations there. Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells, or who is a medium or who consults the dead. Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD, and because of these detestable practices the LORD your God will drive out those nations before you. You must be blameless before the LORD your God. The nations you will dispossess listen to those who practice sorcery or divination. But as for you, the LORD your God has not permitted you to do so (Deuteronomy 18:9-14).

Saul, Israel's first king, started out well. He expelled mediums and spiritists from the land, yet then violated God’s word and his own conscience by consulting a medium (1 Samuel 28:3-25). His end was tragic (1 Samuel 31:1-6).
New Testament Christians turned from sorcery. Let their example serve as an inspiration and a warning.
Many of those who believed now came and openly confessed their evil deeds. A number who had practiced sorcery brought their scrolls together and burned them publicly. When they calculated the value of the scrolls, the total came to fifty thousand drachmas. In this way the word of the Lord spread widely and grew in power (Acts 19:18-20).
These verses are given to us as warnings. God wants us to learn from the examples he gives in the Bible, and to avoid making the same mistakes. He loves us and wants us to turn from anything that will get between us and the joyful life he offers!
Bible verses warning about mediums and spiritists

I will set my face against the person who turns to mediums and spiritists to prostitute himself by following them, and I will cut him off from his people (Leviticus 20:6).

When men tell you to consult mediums and spiritists, who whisper and mutter, should not a people inquire of their God? Why consult the dead on behalf of the living? (Isaiah 8:19).
Bible verses warning about astrology
And when you look up to the sky and see the sun, the moon and the stars—all the heavenly array—do not be enticed into bowing down to them and worshiping things the LORD your God has apportioned to all the nations under heaven (Deuteronomy 4:19).

... and contrary to my command has worshiped other gods, bowing down to them or to the sun or the moon or the stars of the sky (Deuteronomy 17:3).

All the counsel you have received has only worn you out! Let your astrologers come forward, those stargazers who make predictions month by month, let them save you from what is coming upon you. Surely they are like stubble; the fire will burn them up. They cannot even save themselves from the power of the flame. Here are no coals to warm anyone; here is no fire to sit by. That is all they can do for you—these you have labored with and trafficked with since childhood. Each of them goes on in his error; there is not one that can save you (Isaiah 47:13-15).

Hear what the LORD says to you, O house of Israel.This is what the LORD says: "Do not learn the ways of the nations or be terrified by signs in the sky, though the nations are terrified by them" (Jeremiah 10:1-2).

In every matter of wisdom and understanding about which the king questioned them, he found them ten times better than all the magicians and enchanters in his whole kingdom (Daniel 1:20).
Bible verses warnings about divination, sorcery and magic charms
Do not practice divination or sorcery (Leviticus 19:26).

Therefore this is what the Sovereign LORD says: I am against your magic charms with which you ensnare people like birds and I will tear them from your arms; I will set free the people that you ensnare like birds (Ezekiel 13:20).

The idols speak deceit, diviners see visions that lie; they tell dreams that are false, they give comfort in vain. Therefore the people wander like sheep oppressed for lack of a shepherd (Zechariah 10:2).

"So I will come near to you for judgment. I will be quick to testify against sorcerers, adulterers and perjurers, against those who defraud laborers of their wages, who oppress the widows and the fatherless, and deprive aliens of justice, but do not fear me," says the LORD Almighty (Malachi 3:5).
Bible verses warnings about idol worship
You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me (Exodus 20:4-5).

Watch yourselves very carefully, so that you do not become corrupt and make for yourselves an idol, an image of any shape, whether formed like a man or a woman, or like any animal on earth or any bird that flies in the air, or like any creature that moves along the ground or any fish in the waters below (Deuteronomy 4:15-18).

But why do you and other Christians still fail to ignore this verse:

I have a testimony on messing around with the occult... glad you posted that. There really is harm in studying "astrology". Some Christians don't see anything wrong with it, though, and that's unfortunate. :nono:

I'll be back to share my testimony....
Amen, sis. I look forward to hearing your testimony.:yep:

An Unraveled Life

by: James McDonald, Walk in the Word

article_image225b.jpg

"For your name's sake, O LORD, pardon my guilt, for it is great." - Psalm 25:11

Second Samuel 11:1-4 records, incredibly, that while everyone else was out at battle and David stayed home, he saw Bathsheba. Verses 2-4 say, "He saw from the roof a woman bathing.... [He] sent and inquired about the woman.... [He] sent messengers and took her." You're like, "Who can do that?" The king can do that! And nobody contradicted him! That is until God began to use his friend Nathan and his son Absalom to absolutely crush David.

Consequences began to unravel David's life.

As the next several years unfolded, Absalom murdered his brother Amnon because he raped his sister, Tamar. David did nothing about it. He lost Absalom's respect because he was so passive late in life. Absalom led a revolt against his father. He was trying to take over the kingdom. David's authority and power had blinded him to his own sin.

The word guilt in today's verse means literally to bend, to twist, to distort, to warp, to pervert, or to ruin. The word means sin. David in effect said, "For Your name's sake, O Lord, pardon my bent-ness; pardon my twistedness, God. Pardon my distorted, warped, perverted way of thinking, God. Pardon my ruin, what I've done with myself." It's an incredible statement of personal admission. David's prayer flowed from humility born of adversity. "I'm wrong, God! My actions are wrong! My words are wrong! My motives are wrong! I am wrong!"

When was the last time you were undone? When was the last time your life was unraveled by your own shortcomings? How quickly we are worked up about the shortcomings of others. When was the last time you were taken apart by yourself? Not by what your spouse needs to learn. Not by what your mom’s doing wrong. Not by the shortcomings of the leaders in your church or where you work, but by yourself. That's the moment that God’s trying to bring about. That's where all this is headed. Not that you should observe the shortcomings of others, but that you should have a better understanding of yourself and where you're failing. That's what God is always going for in your life.
sig_small_orange.gif

When I was in a backslidden state, strange things happened during that time. Among the tools the devil used to keep me in darkness was the horoscopes/occult. I was always so caught up in the occult and darkness, like a moth to a lightbulb. I was so heavy on horoscopes that I read them daily (actually believing the 'predictions') and was to the point I didn't think my day was complete without reading my horoscope. I would even categorize people based on their horoscopes, whether they were like that or not. I saw 'them' as silly for not knowing their 'signs'. I'd call psychic lines and believed those demons when they foretold. I'd believe a fortune teller who told me someone had a curse over my life and I had to pay her to remove it. I didn't go back, mainly because I didn't want to spend the money but the thought of this being true stuck in the back of my mind for years. So for years I believed a curse. I thought "What was the harm?" in getting my palm read or reading my horoscope each day. When In truth, I was worshipping idols (the zodiac signs), being seduced by spirits. It all started innocently enough. :rolleyes:

I did them all, Susan Miller's Astrology Zone, astrology.com. I did birth charts, placement charts, compatibility charts. I even relied on Astrology to make major life decisions, like where to move next or whom to date. :drunk:
Wow! I was relying on the devil to plan my day, tell me whom to date, make major life decisions.

The devil is a copy cat and twists everything God creates, because he wants to be worshiped like God. He will use some semblance of the truth to us, to trick/seduce us. Astrology is of the occult and a good example... it needs the darkness to thrive. That's why in a seance or ceremony (I participated in one once) the room must be dark; visit a fortune teller (did that, too), the room is dark and there's a 'dark feeling' or the intense "desire to know". I didn't know then, there's no such things as 'ghosts' but disembodied spirits seeking a home!

Some will will argue that the Bible supports 'astrology,' eg., the star the Wise Men followed, etc. Looking upward to the heavens for signs from God (such as the end of times) is not Astrology. God created the heavens, the devil uses the planetary bodies to get our attention for his wicked schemes. Astrology is nothing but the devil's perversion of God's creation, because he so wants to be worshipped like God. The 12 signs of the Zodiac are a twist of the 12 Tribes of Israel -- named after 12 gods of Mesopotamia.

The Bible is very clear about necromancy, the occult and astrology:

Deuteronomy 4:19 (NIV): And when you look up to the sky and see the sun, the moon and the stars—all the heavenly array—do not be enticed into bowing down to them and worshiping things the LORD your God has apportioned to all the nations under heaven.

Leviticus 20:6 says that God will separate himself from those who go after mediums and spiritists.

In Deuteronomy 18:10-12 the practicing witchcraft, sorcery, soothsaying, interpreting omens, making spells, and being a medium or spiritist, are all terrible sins to God.

Acts 16:16-18 talks of a girl who was possessed by an evil spirit that enabled her to be a fortune teller. Paul commanded the evil spirit to come out of her in the name or authority of Jesus, and the spirit left her.

These are all spirits..demoniacs behind astrology, much like in the Babylonian days. They are of the devil (who wants to be worshipped like God ) and present themselves as someone who wants to soothe, help, heal, etc., when in reality they really are out to get our very souls.

Only God can soothe, help, heal and restore. Through Jesus and the Holy Spirit, our souls are truly saved. It wasn't until I started living for God that I see I was fooled all along. I didn't NEED to know everything. Some things are best left for God to handle. Every question didn't need an answer. What 'seemed' innocent enough for me in astrology was the foothold...once I dug my heel in, it became a stronghold. The more I read God's Word and the more that's revealed to me, the clearer the picture of God vs Evil became and the less I fell for the schemes. It's a journey and I've come a long way....

When I was in a backslidden state, strange things happened during that time. Among the tools the devil used to keep me in darkness was the horoscopes/occult. I was always so caught up in the occult and darkness, like a moth to a lightbulb. I was so heavy on horoscopes that I read them daily (actually believing the 'predictions') and was to the point I didn't think my day was complete without reading my horoscope. I would even categorize people based on their horoscopes, whether they were like that or not. I saw 'them' as silly for not knowing their 'signs'. I'd call psychic lines and believed those demons when they foretold. I'd believe a fortune teller who told me someone had a curse over my life and I had to pay her to remove it. I didn't go back, mainly because I didn't want to spend the money but the thought of this being true stuck in the back of my mind for years. So for years I believed a curse. I thought "What was the harm?" in getting my palm read or reading my horoscope each day. When In truth, I was worshipping idols (the zodiac signs), being seduced by spirits. It all started innocently enough. :rolleyes:

I did them all, Susan Miller's Astrology Zone, astrology.com. I did birth charts, placement charts, compatibility charts. I even relied on Astrology to make major life decisions, like where to move next or whom to date. :drunk:
Wow! I was relying on the devil to plan my day, tell me whom to date, make major life decisions.

The devil is a copy cat and twists everything God creates, because he wants to be worshiped like God. He will use some semblance of the truth to us, to trick/seduce us. Astrology is of the occult and a good example... it needs the darkness to thrive. That's why in a seance or ceremony (I participated in one once) the room must be dark; visit a fortune teller (did that, too), the room is dark and there's a 'dark feeling' or the intense "desire to know". I didn't know then, there's no such things as 'ghosts' but disembodied spirits seeking a home!

Some will will argue that the Bible supports 'astrology,' eg., the star the Wise Men followed, etc. Looking upward to the heavens for signs from God (such as the end of times) is not Astrology. God created the heavens, the devil uses the planetary bodies to get our attention for his wicked schemes. Astrology is nothing but the devil's perversion of God's creation, because he so wants to be worshipped like God. The 12 signs of the Zodiac are a twist of the 12 Tribes of Israel -- named after 12 gods of Mesopotamia.

The Bible is very clear about necromancy, the occult and astrology:

Deuteronomy 4:19 (NIV): And when you look up to the sky and see the sun, the moon and the stars—all the heavenly array—do not be enticed into bowing down to them and worshiping things the LORD your God has apportioned to all the nations under heaven.

Leviticus 20:6 says that God will separate himself from those who go after mediums and spiritists.

In Deuteronomy 18:10-12 the practicing witchcraft, sorcery, soothsaying, interpreting omens, making spells, and being a medium or spiritist, are all terrible sins to God.

Acts 16:16-18 talks of a girl who was possessed by an evil spirit that enabled her to be a fortune teller. Paul commanded the evil spirit to come out of her in the name or authority of Jesus, and the spirit left her.

These are all spirits..demoniacs behind astrology, much like in the Babylonian days. They are of the devil (who wants to be worshipped like God ) and present themselves as someone who wants to soothe, help, heal, etc., when in reality they really are out to get our very souls.

Only God can soothe, help, heal and restore. Through Jesus and the Holy Spirit, our souls are truly saved. It wasn't until I started living for God that I see I was fooled all along. I didn't NEED to know everything. Some things are best left for God to handle. Every question didn't need an answer. What 'seemed' innocent enough for me in astrology was the foothold...once I dug my heel in, it became a stronghold. The more I read God's Word and the more that's revealed to me, the clearer the picture of God vs Evil became and the less I fell for the schemes. It's a journey and I've come a long way....
Laela, thank you so much for this powerful and thought-provoking testimony of what you experienced in the past. Jesus truly is a lifesaver and will always set the captive free!

Think what you want of me, but please take the Word of the Lord seriously.

WHAT IS A DOUBLE MINDED PERSON

As you know, this word is only found in 2 places,and only in the Book of James.

My Young's Analytical says it means, two souled.
My Greek lexicon says, inconstant, fickle.
Of course both of them say 'double-minded' also.

I think those descriptions pretty well covers it.

I would say, it has nothing to do with your feelings, but everything to do what what you say. If you tell one person one thing, and some one else something differant about the same subject. It may be likened to 'mealy-mouthed'....telling others what you think they want to hear ?

I found this and thought is would be good reading, especially after I took the time to read it (its long) and it certainly bought conviction to my soul:

Revelations 3:13
"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold
nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth."
I was going to call this article "Idols of the Heart", because that is what it is really about. The things that cause us to be double minded and take our focus from the very Person of Jesus Christ. These idols, sacred cows or Golden calves can be a person, organization, activity (the sports god?), position, job, money, possessions, religious belief system, heritage/genealogy, culture, self-focus/self-importance, hobbies, perceived 'rights', politics, land or country, and quite simply, minding earthly things.
Philippians 3:20 "For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:"
Unfortunately, while many are not deliberately trying to turn from their focus of God, others deliberately are double minded. Many are immature or in sin issues that they have not dealt with, thereby not being obedient to Scriptures. Many hang on to their sacred cows, believing they should not take the test of the Word of God. Others appear to make choices to be double minded.
Many are familiar with the Scriptures in James 1: 6
"But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways."

And James 4:8 "Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded." " A double minded man is unstable in all his ways...."
To be double minded and unstable needs to be understood...

From Strong's Concordance >
Double minded > 1374. diqucov dipsuchos,dip'-soo-khos
from 1364 and 5590; two-spirited, i.e. vacillating (in opinion or purpose):--double minded.

Unstable > 182. akatastatov akatastatos, ak-at-as'-tat-os
from 1 (as a negative particle) and a derivative of 2525; inconstant:--unstable.

Some dictionaries define double minded using the terms, "Having different minds at different times", "unsettled," "undetermined".
It is impossible for someone to say they fully love and serve God and be double minded. Why? Because Jesus said so.

Many are familiar with the Scriptures where Jesus speaks about singleness and light of the eye. If one is not single of eye or purpose--they are more evil than one who claims to be fully against God.
Matthew 6:19 "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.
23 But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!
24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon."

There are many people who make the claim to belong to Jesus Christ or Yeshua, as many Messianics call Him,[FONT=PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif] [/FONT]and yet serve the flesh and idols of the heart. Many mind earthly things, having their "sacred cows". The Scriptures are clear about that too.
Philippians 3:17 "Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.
18 (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:
19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)
20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:"

Romans 6:12 "Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God."

Part of this double minded spirituality, besides serving the flesh and instead of having a heart focus for Christ alone, is the idea that a person can have the 'best' of both 'worlds.'

Can one? Or is God very clear about these issues?
Zephaniah 1:5 "I will cut off them that worship and that swear by the Lord, and that swear by Malcham."
James 3:12 "Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.
13 Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him show out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.
14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.
15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.
16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.
17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be entreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy."

In essence, a double-minded person so lacks conviction in their beliefs that they are found to often change loyalties or ideas, depending who they are with, desiring to influence or wanting to show allegiance to or have association with.

The double minded man is actually dishonest with themselves and others, and appears to use truth and lies in whatever situation to benefit themselves in some way. The person is filled with hypocrisy.

Hypocrisy
Strong's Concordance>
5272. upokrisiv hupokrisis, hoop-ok'-ree-sis from 5271; acting under a feigned part, i.e. (figuratively) deceit ("hypocrisy"):--condemnation, dissimulation, hypocrisy.
5271. upokrinomai hupokrinomai, hoop-ok-rin'-om-ahee
middle voice from 5259 and 2919; to decide (speak or act) under a false part, i.e. (figuratively) dissemble (pretend):--feign.

WordNet Dictionary> Hypocrisy
Definition: 1. Insincerity by virtue of pretending to have qualities or beliefs that you do not really have 2. an expression of agreement that is not supported by real conviction

Synonyms: lip service

See Also: dissembling, falseness, feigning, fulsomeness, insincerity, oiliness, pretense, sanctimoniousness, sanctimony, smarminess, unction, unctuousness.
http://www.hyperdictionary.com/dictionary/hypocrisy.
Webster's 1913 Dictionary
Hypocrisy
Definition: "...outward show...to play a part, the act or practice of a hypocrite, a feigning to be what one is not, or to feel what one does not feel, a dissimulation, or a concealment of one's real character, disposition, or motives; especially the assuming of false appearance of virtue or religion; a simulation of goodness..."
Hypocrisy is the necessary burden of villainy....
Hypocrisy is the homage vice pays to virtue....
http://www.hyperdictionary.com/dictionary/hypocrisy.
People who are double minded and mind earthly things, regardless of what it is, desire to serve the flesh and God. They are playing a spiritual game of fence straddling, thinking they can take from God as well as falsehood and false prophets and false teachers. To put it in Scriptural terms, they want to worship Almighty God while at the same time bowing to Baal.

Of all the things that God hates, duplicity of mind and hypocrisy are named many times in the Scriptures. The end result is destruction.

As was stated in the introduction verses of this article, "15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth."

The concept of this hypocrisy and duality of mind and purpose seems to make the person believe that God abides the confession to and vain worship of Himself from someone who on the other side of his face loves the things that are against God.
Isaiah 32:6 "For the vile person will speak villany, and his heart will work iniquity, to practice hypocrisy, and to utter error against the LORD, to make empty the soul of the hungry, and he will cause the drink of the thirsty to fail."
Almighty God has been very specific about those who have gone after false gods while His people allowed it or took from them.
Leviticus 20:1 "And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
2 Again, thou shalt say to the children of Israel, Whosoever he be of the children of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn in Israel, that giveth any of his seed unto Molech; he shall surely be put to death: the people of the land shall stone him with stones.
3 And I will set my face against that man, and will cut him off from among his people; because he hath given of his seed unto Molech, to defile my sanctuary, and to profane my holy name.
4 And if the people of the land do any ways hide their eyes from the man, when he giveth of his seed unto Molech, and kill him not:
Then I will set my face against that man, and against his family, and will cut him off, and all that go a whoring after him, to commit whoredom with Molech, from among their people.
6 And the soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people.
7 Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the LORD your God." See also Numbers 25, etc.

While hypocrisy and being double minded can be found time and time again in the lives of non-Believers, it is something that hits the highest level of deplorable for those who claim to love Jesus Christ. There can be nothing worse than someone who professes Christ, while also serving or advocating for the enemy of our souls.

Some go so far as to stand in defense of the Gospel, while promoting false prophets, or they are partaking of the "religious" teachings proffered by those who clearly reject Jesus Christ. Some attempt to make a pretense of defending the Word of God while never appearing to actually apply it. They have the appearance of a form of godliness.
2 Timothy 3:5 "Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away."
How can someone who claims to love Jesus Christ simultaneously live for or further the cause of satan?

How can one claim to live for Jesus Christ, and indeed may have at some point agreed with the truth of Christ, at least in their mind, yet return to serving the things that have been crucified with Christ?
Do these people really believe that Almighty God will ignore this? They misuse the grace of God, and while claiming to have repented or turned from these things, rather continue partaking of the things that God hates. That person allows those things to take precedent and have dominion in his heart. The Apostle Peter warned: 2 Peter 2: 17 "These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever.
18 For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.
19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.
20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire."

Last edited:
Jesus wants our total focus and loyalty. And well He should. To say we belong to to Him, needs to be shown by our hearts focus being on Him. See: Carrying My Cross.

We cannot have one half of our mind on Him, and the other half welcoming falsehood, false prophets, the occult, desires or lust of the flesh, and so on, because the God given promise of that type of commitment, is the total destruction of that soul. For eternity.
A heart that is not sold out to Jesus Christ is a heart that He will spew out. If God is not first place in a person's heart, do you really think He is willing to take a backseat to satan or the world? If Christ truly reigns in a persons heart, as many double minded people claim, is there room for a false god or idol in that heart?

Each must ask themselves, Do I rest on Jesus Christ crucified? Do I live for Him alone? Is my purpose focused on obedience to Him? Or is my heart so filled with the things of this world, desiring acceptance or position, friendship from the world, seeking after signs, following after the things of the flesh, showing partiality and so much more, that the Name of Jesus or Yeshua, is merely there for religious purposes and appearance?

Do I have a sacred cow that I feel is more important than Biblical obedience or value it so highly that I will not allow the Scriptures to show me what it really is about?
James 4:4 "Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
5 Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?
6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."

Rather, isn't our call in Christ, to not be the servant of sin, but rather righteousness in Christ?
Romans 6: 11 "Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness."
Romans 7:25 "I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit."
8:6 "For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God."
8:9 "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. 10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness."

We are told to "mortify" the deeds of the flesh:
Romans 8:11 "But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God."
Colossians 3:5 "Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
7 In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.
8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness."
To "mortify" means:
From Strong's Concordance:
3499. nekrow nekroo, nek-ro'-o
from 3498; to deaden, i.e. (figuratively) to subdue:--be dead, mortify.
Mortify in Romans 8:13
2289. yanatow thanatoo, than-at-o'-o
from 2288 to kill (literally or figuratively):--become dead, (cause to be) put to death, kill, mortify.
Greek 2288 (thanatos)
2288. yanatov thanatos, than'-at-os
from 2348; (properly, an adjective used as a noun) death (literally or figuratively):--X deadly, (be...) death.

Greek 2348 (thnesko), ynhskw thnesko, thnay'-sko
a strengthened form of a simpler primary thano than'-o (which is used for it only in certain tenses); to die (literally or figuratively):--be dead, die.
The online Merriam Webster Dictionary states:
Main Entry: mor·ti·fy
Pronunciation: 'mor-t&-"fI
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): -fied; -fy·ing
Etymology: Middle English mortifien, from Middle French mortifier, from Late Latin mortificare, from Latin mort-, mors
Date: 14th century
transitive senses
1 obsolete : to destroy the strength, vitality, or functioning of
2 : to subdue or deaden (as the body or bodily appetites) especially by abstinence or self-inflicted pain or discomfort
3 : to subject to severe and vexing embarrassment :

SHAME
intransitive senses

1 : to practice mortification
2 : to become necrotic or gangrenous
http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=mortify

One entry found for mortification.
Main Entry: mor·ti·fi·ca·tion
Pronunciation: "mor-t&-f&-'kA-sh&n
Function: noun
Date: 14th century
1 : the subjection and denial of bodily passions and appetites by abstinence or self-inflicted pain or discomfort
...3 a : a sense of humiliation and shame caused by something that wounds one's pride or self-respect b : the cause of such humiliation or shame

The Cambridge online Dictionary states this:
Definition> mortify ... to cause someone to feel extremely ashamed:

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=51978&dict=CALD
Encarta Dictionary online adds these thoughts:
"...1. transitive verb shame somebody: to make somebody feel ashamed and humiliated
2. transitive verb religion impose hardship on: to use self-imposed discipline, hardship, abstinence from pleasure, and especially self-inflicted pain in an attempt to control or put an end to desires and passions, especially for religious purposes..."
encarta.msn.com/encnet/features/dictionary/
If we, as Believer's in the grace and sacrifice of Jesus Christ, have sacred cows and idols of the heart and things we hang on to that make us double minded, if we live according to the flesh instead of according to Biblical obedience, we should feel ashamed.

Those who love Jesus Christ are called to a higher calling. That is, to total focus and obedience to Him, without duplicity or hypocrisy.
2 Corinthians 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
6 And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.
7 Do ye look on things after the outward appearance? If any man trust to himself that he is Christ's, let him of himself think this again, that, as he is Christ's, even so are we Christ's.
Titus 2:10 "Not purloining, but showing all good fidelity; that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things.
11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, 12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works. 15 These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee."

In Jesus name....AMEN!!!

Amen ... and this isn't even about 'us'. Spiritual warfare at its best... Never good for anyone to be "playing smart but not being Clever".

But, let me say this, Sis, and I really pray many really understand this, because this message needs to keep coming:

The oldest trick in the book:
How can one have Free Will with a Sovereign God?

SIMPLE:
Inside of God's Sovereignty is where true freedom lies.
Whom the Son sets free is FREE indeed. John 8:36. We have become co-creators with Jesus:

Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. 4But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
5Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
6And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
7That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: - Ephesians 2:3-8

Anything outside of the Will of God is BONDAGE, to a 'false god'

We must bow down to the Devil - cave in, quit - to be in Bondage. The Word of God says to:

Ephesians 6:10-15
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to STAND against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to STAND.
STAND therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace

Laela, thank you so much for this powerful and thought-provoking testimony of what you experienced in the past. Jesus truly is a lifesaver and will always set the captive free!

Last edited:
Thanks, Laela. This is so needed here:yep:

Amen ... and this isn't even about 'us'. Spiritual warfare at its best... Never good for anyone to be "playing smart but not being Clever".

But, let me say this, Sis, and I really pray many really understand this, because this message needs to keep coming:

The oldest trick in the book:
How can one have Free Will with a Sovereign God?

SIMPLE:
Inside of God's Sovereignty is where true freedom lies.
Whom the Son sets free is FREE indeed. John 8:36. We have become co-creators with Jesus:

Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. 4But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
5Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
6And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
7That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: - Ephesians 2:3-8

Anything outside of the Will of God is BONDAGE, to a 'false god'

We must bow down to the Devil - cave in, quit - to be in Bondage. The Word of God says to:

Ephesians 6:10-15
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to STAND against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to STAND.
STAND therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace

Back