something happened when i washed my hair today.

keeshesfromindy

My hair was itching like crazy last night, so I washed it today with aurbrey's organic lavendar and primose shampoo, followed it up with Keracare detangling shampoo and HE's intensive blend. The aurbrey's did not lather at all. I tried it like twice, and I thought my hair was really dirty. I made sure to massage it into my scalp. My scalp feels great, and doesn't itch. I was wondering if this is the norm. This is where I have to problem with my hair. AFTER I wash it. I put some 911 conditioner in my hair, and I tried to detangle the ends, and I shed ahlot. I need to dry my hair some with my blow dryer, and I shed like crazy. How do I detangle my hair without leaving too much on the floor? Where do I start, what do I do? My hair feels great, but I'm wondering if my hair sheds like this, or I dunno. I need help with detangling. Thanks BabyCurls for the suggestion about the leave ins.
Keeshes

I'm sure you're doing it already... but I noticed I got less hair loss when I switched to a seamless wide toothed comb...
This comb works very well for me. I usually detangle when I first put my conditioner in. My hair usually stays pretty detangled after that.

Currently, I switch up my conditioners among Keracare Humecto, Mizani Moisturefuse and Affirm 5 in 1. I also just tried Herbal Essences Conditioning Balm... the one Jade raved about a couple of weeks ago... and got good results!
smile.gif

Good Luck!
-J.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
The aurbrey's did not lather at all. I tried it like twice, and I thought my hair was really dirty. I made sure to massage it into my scalp. My scalp feels great, and doesn't itch. I was wondering if this is the norm.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely. The primrose and lavender shampoo is not a favorite of mine. I found that it did not cleanse my scalp or hair well at all. In fact, my hair felt very sludge-like afterwards.

How do I detangle my hair without leaving too much on the floor? Where do I start, what do I do?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to start from the time you start your routine. In other words, do everything you can to minimize tangles from the beginning. And, take note of things which assist because it may take a few times to see what really works best for your hair. Think about whether your hair is detangled before you start washing, where you are washing, what tools you are using, and how you are proceeding to actually detangle. Let us all know what you have tried and your general methods, so maybe we can assist.

~Jade~

<font color="blue"> </font> In my opinion, this appears not to be the product for you. Also, if your hair is chemically treated, it could be affected.

keeshesfromindy said:
Thanks BabyCurls for the suggestion about the leave ins.
Keeshes

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="purple">Anytime, Keesh. I hope you'll be able to get all the help needed for your problems with shedding and breakage. Make sure you are handling your hair gently, and the serious problems that occur while combing will go away within days. God Bless. </font>

Re: something happened when i washed my hair today

Hi, I have a similar comb like that. I will try to detangle after the first conditioner. I have to section my hair before I can detangle it. I have all of the conditioners except the humecto and will buy it after the challenge.
Keeshes

Sometimes both. Our bathroom with the shower in it is being remodeled so no shower. Do you know if the olive oil detangler is at sally's or any bss?
Keeshes

Ok, I just do a pre-shampoo oil treatment, then I rinse for like 5 to 7 minutes, and start washing and conditioning. I try to deep condition a lot. Ill try to section and detangle more.
Keeshes.

Back