SomeBody PLEASE Talk to Me! I want a Relaxer!

michaela

Natural 4b
Due To Hurricane Ike i Was Not On For a week! We had no power what so ever. My hair is Starting to get harder to Manage! I really like straight hair. Im sick and tired of re-wetting my hair Every day just to style. Im sick and tired of tangles and knots. I really want to Enjoy my hair journey! I Love my natural 4b hair But Dang LOL as it gets longer im happy but find little enjoyment in the length because of all the work
My hair Can Not Get Fully Straighten Pressed or Flat iron? Im Young i have little time due to Loads of homework! Maybe i should Relax it?
I see lots of Ladies With Long Relaxed hair thanks to this Forum. I have been natural for nearly my whole life. Maybe its time for change?
Once again i feel like Crying! I would Never Expect This To Be So Emotional! I really want to relax After all of these thick hair tanlges and Knots Session. But im Kinda Scared it Will Break Off?
When/or if i Relax what are Some things differen i may
have to do or watch out for?
Thanks

hold on, chica. Step back and take a deep breath...wooooosaaaa
First, I take it your probably in college so that's at least a decade and some of taking care of your napps--I definitely commend you on that.
Second, are you combing your hair everyday? what does your regimen consist of? Some of the most successful naturals that are true 4a/bs on here have one thing in common: they never allow their hair to dry into its natural shrunken state. Instead, they do a few braids/twist while the hair is wet and wear that as a style, or loosen into braid outs/twist outs. My understanding is that this helps prevent tangling. Are you doing this?

HTH
Naturals, get in here and help a sister out...lol

Due To Hurricane Ike i Was Not On For a week! We had no power what so ever. My hair is Starting to get harder to Manage! I really like straight hair. Im sick and tired of re-wetting my hair Every day just to style. Im sick and tired of tangles and knots. I really want to Enjoy my hair journey! I Love my natural 4b hair But Dang LOL as it gets longer im happy but find little enjoyment in the length because of all the work
My hair Can Not Get Fully Straighten Pressed or Flat iron? Im Young i have little time due to Loads of homework! Maybe i should Relax it?
I see lots of Ladies With Long Relaxed hair thanks to this Forum. I have been natural for nearly my whole life. Maybe its time for change?
Once again i feel like Crying! I would Never Expect This To Be So Emotional! I really want to relax After all of these thick hair tanlges and Knots Session. But im Kinda Scared it Will Break Off?
Thanks

Don't do it....well at least think about it for a while. A long long long long long while. SERIOUSLY. I relaxed my hair after being natural for 3 years and although I like my Relaxed hair (sometimes) I often regret relaxing it. You will appreciate your hair not being able to be fully straightened when you see the difference in thickness between your relaxed and natural hair. Although my hair is still very thick...Its just not the same. I don't care what anybody says...your hair is much more susceptible to breakage and damage when it is relaxed. You must take extra care of it IMO. There are pros and cons to both....I guess I said all of this to say this...Don't make any rash decisions. You have had natural hair all of your life...so the change will be much more drastic in your case. I hope this helps.

then i would relax. i am crazy about hair and i want tit to grow soooooooo long, however i am not going to sacrifice enjoying my hair. if i want to relax i do ust that. if i want to straight i do just that. what good is having long hair is you dont have time to enjoy it or it takes too much to enjoy it?
i think you should relax.
its not like you dont have the knowledge with the ladies here to take care of it.

It sounds to me like you're not ready to relax. I have been in your shoes, and for whatever reasons, wanted to relax, but couldn't. You should be able to enjoy your hair, but please don't make any decisions that you might regret at a time when you weren't so emotional. Maybe you can get braids for a while, until you come up w/ a decision. I know how that love/hate relationship can go w/your hair. I loved my natural hair, and had had it my entire life. For me, the guilt about relaxing is gone,(it just left one day) and I'm also starting a new chapter of my life, so it just felt like the right time for me. When (if at all) it is the right time you will know. And also don't let others tell you what you should or shouldn't do w/YOUR hair. I had almost everyone telling me not to, and had I listened, I wouldn't be enjoying MY hair journey. HTH

PS. I was scared mine would fall off too, but it didn't!

hold on, chica. Step back and take a deep breath...wooooosaaaa
First, I take it your probably in college so that's at least a decade and some of taking care of your napps--I definitely commend you on that.
Second, are you combing your hair everyday? what does your regimen consist of? Some of the most successful naturals that are true 4a/bs on here have one thing in common: they never allow their hair to dry into its natural shrunken state. Instead, they do a few braids/twist while the hair is wet and wear that as a style, or loosen into braid outs/twist outs. My understanding is that this helps prevent tangling. Are you doing this?

HTH
Naturals, get in here and help a sister out...lol
Im in highschool:look:
Maybe i should try Braids? Im really sick and tired of dealing with this!
I comb every to every other day! My regi Wash and Dc once a week no heat. No Growth aids . Im Focused on Conditioning as of now. With all the Tangles and Knots i will not be able to see any progress...I will learn.
Thanks

It sounds to me like you're not ready to relax. I have been in your shoes, and for whatever reasons, wanted to relax, but couldn't. You should be able to enjoy your hair, but please don't make any decisions that you might regret at a time when you weren't so emotional. Maybe you can get braids for a while, until you come up w/ a decision. I know how that love/hate relationship can go w/your hair. I loved my natural hair, and had had it my entire life. For me, the guilt about relaxing is gone,(it just left one day) and I'm also starting a new chapter of my life, so it just felt like the right time for me. When (if at all) it is the right time you will know. And also don't let others tell you what you should or shouldn't do w/YOUR hair. I had almost everyone telling me not to, and had I listened, I wouldn't be enjoying MY hair journey. HTH

PS. I was scared mine would fall off too, but it didn't!

Thanks! You Sound Just like me! For some reason i have been really emotional and when im having a bad hair day i will take it out on everybody! So yes i have been Like a mad Woman Everyday LOL!
I dont know if im ready! It would be a big change. i think i may need a change! People Always try to tell me what and how i should do things.

then i would relax. i am crazy about hair and i want tit to grow soooooooo long, however i am not going to sacrifice enjoying my hair. if i want to relax i do ust that. if i want to straight i do just that. what good is having long hair is you dont have time to enjoy it or it takes too much to enjoy it?
its not like you dont have the knowledge with the ladies here to take care of it.

^^^ YES! This is What I mean!!!! I work so Hard than i dont Even Enjoy it. Makes me Want to Cut or Get a Relaxer!

Don't do it....well at least think about it for a while. A long long long long long while. SERIOUSLY. I relaxed my hair after being natural for 3 years and although I like my Relaxed hair (sometimes) I often regret relaxing it. You will appreciate your hair not being able to be fully straightened when you see the difference in thickness between your relaxed and natural hair. Although my hair is still very thick...Its just not the same. I don't care what anybody says...your hair is much more susceptible to breakage and damage when it is relaxed. You must take extra care of it IMO. There are pros and cons to both....I guess I said all of this to say this...Don't make any rash decisions. You have had natural hair all of your life...so the change will be much more drastic in your case. I hope this helps.

Thank you!
Im So Scared of Breakage Damage etc... I think i will have to Be way more gentle.I will be thinking really hard about this.

Thank you!
Im So Scared of Breakage Damage etc... I think i will have to Be way more gentle.I will be thinking really hard about this.

I also wanted to add that I don't want to tell you what you should do with your hair....I think you should wait a little while and see how you feel. When I relaxed...I just had an itch to do it....I ran out got a box ORS perm and that was the end of my natural journey. BTW my hair is thriving and it is healthy relaxed....but IMO not as healthy and as strong as my natural hair. Do what makes you happy...

Bottom Line: Stop...Think about it!!!

Originally Posted by missprincess011
Thanks
Any type 4 hair can get silky straight with a press or flat iron, you have to really know what you're doing with the heat; or go to a salon where they really know how to straighten natural hair.
And I agree with the other ladies. Sounds like you should wait. When I'm truly ready to go forth with a decision, I have no desire to seek the advice of others. I just get up and do it! Good luck.

I cooled down just a little Bit...But im on the Edge of getting one.
Maybe in A few Months(2-3) still confused Im going to try to do what is Best For me.
Thank you ladies=)

I agree with the bolded

Im Sorry EveryBody. I Guess i got a little carried away that time of the month is coming soon:blush:. I decided i do not want a Relaxer Anymore/as of now. After Looking at My Fotki pics I need to Update More.
Im going to Spoil myself with new conditioners/shampoo A Good Flat iron Sabino Moisture Block, Getting my Diet Back on Track and Last Im going Ayurvedic! not Really feeling the Growth aids anymore i just want More Patience With the Help of God and LHCF i can Make it! Maybe My hair is telling me to Keep it simple? I believe so. Oh well thank you ladies for hearing my cry for help! I would Not Know How to Act with Relaxed hair LoL!
But you Never Know what the Feature May Bring:look:

Back