Some times I get upset with my Mommy lol

shtow

No really. I will be 20 in April. My mom put a relaxer in my hair when I was 8 because it is so THICK! She loved my natural texture but didn't know what to do with it. Her hair is more coarse and thick than my hair but she wasn't too great a braiding so she relaxed it. Sometimes I think I would have been better off if she never relaxed it. Sometimes I wana go natural but I am terrified to BC and my hair breaks if I stretch too long:wallbash: I thinking of going natural but now its that much harder.

Just had to let that out. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I understand you ... I had a similar situation

I got relaxer when I was younger because my hair was really thick, long, with curly and wavy parts. My moms hair grows fast, and its thick but her hair is straight.

I do remember her trying to style my hair and then she finally resulted to using a relaxer.

Sometimes I wish it was kept natural so I would have learned how to do it.

Honestly though .... I think she was doing what she thought was best at the time ... so I try not to hold a grudge .... but unfortunately I still do :sad:

When I turned 10, my mother made me take care of my own hair. She didn't show me how to take care of it and it started breaking. I had long, pretty thick hair. I guess she figured I was standing over her shoulder while I was on the floor also :lachen:. She said she thought i'd know how :nono:. My sister talked her into giving me a relaxer when I was 12. My mother didn't want to but she eventually changed her mind. My mom is old school so she knows how to take care of thick nappy hair...plus, im the youngest of 4 girls and she is the oldest of 6 girls!!

Back