Some things you might never have thought of

Quinny

Here are some things I've been doing these past few years (obviously not religiously or I would have maybe met my goal by now). Anyway I thought I would just share.

1. I cover my foam rollers with a silk cover. I purchase silk fabric from www.thaisilks.com and just sew a tube and use pinking shears to cut lengths to fit over my rollers. I set my hair at night in a ponytail (using a handmade satin scrunchie) and a roller on the end hence the covers. So they are no longer deadly foam rollers.

2. I make my own satin caps. I make them using 2 pieces of heavyweight satin so they can be doublesided. I make them about 23 inches in diameter which makes a nice big one. I sew about an inch and half from the edge and leave about 3-5 inches open. I then come closer about a half inch and do the same thing. Then I turn it inside out and use the opening to slip the elastic through. Let me know if I need to explain better. I saw the post on this. I too have been disgusted with the quality of store bought caps.

3. Okay here is my discovery of the year. I don't have a microwave and we're foster parents for babies. Anyway between babies I discovered a great use for their bottle warmer. I use it to heat my oil for my nightly treatment. I have since bought two. You can get them cheap anywhere. Ebay, goodwill etc.

Okay that's all I can think of for now.

Q

Thanks for sharing Quinny - I love great tips like these! It sounds like you are very creative. Who knows, maybe you can sell your satin caps and foam roller covers!

Back