Solutions for dry, thirsty scalp? Can I use ORS Olive Oil Sheen Spray?

I never oil my scalp and haven't used grease near my hair since starting LHCF. Since wanting to leave my hair out and straighten it in late december 08 I've been blow drying and flat ironing my hair once a week, but the end result is a dry scalp! This causes more breakage and I don't know what to do. Right now I'm washing my hair with all Aphogee products. I also have creme of nature shampooo and conditioner. I don't cowash my hair because I use sabino - SBM.

Today I just finished washing my hair and blow drying it and looked at how horrible my scalp was. It was whitish and unhealthy looking and as you know healthy hair starts from the scalp!

I do have jojoba and tea tree oil and mixed a bit of that and put it one side of my head after blow drying. I got tired and found my ORS olive oil sheen spray laying around and read on the label that it could be used for the scalp to bring back moisture. I did spray the rest of my scalp with this, but want to make sure that this is a good idea and it won't clog up my hair and make it oily? help! :nono:

Last edited:
I see mineral oil is the first ingredient. It also has lanolin. From what I understand from other posters, those ingredients can cause issues with some scalps if not washed out well.

Have you considered trying your favorite lotion/moisturizer? Scalp is skin after all.

I see mineral oil is the first ingredient. It also has lanolin. From what I understand from other posters, those ingredients can cause issues with some scalps if not washed out well.

Have you considered trying your favorite lotion/moisturizer? Scalp is skin after all.

I do have ORS Oil Moisturizing Hair Lotion - it doesnt say mineral oil in the ingredient list... should I use this?

Back